Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FNQ

Kelly out?

Kelly out?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Kelly out?

• Yes
    • No

Just read through the whole thread again - it really is a great laugh!

blue_army wants Mike Stowell to take over!

Ched thinks Ipswich is a must win!

Jankers says give him 5 games!

Thracian wouldn't even flinch if Kelly was sacked!

The Don makes his position perfectly clear - he says 'sack him now'!

Who are the rest of these 24 morons wanting Kelly out?

Name and shame yourselves!

I think suggesting Mike Stowell as a replacement is the most laughable comment of the lot there. What makes people think a man whose original role was and still is actually goalkeeper coach wil be able to turn things around for us. Oh yeah, we beat Hinckley 5-0 in a pre-season friendly with him in charge... :rolleyes:

I think suggesting Mike Stowell as a replacement is the most laughable comment of the lot there. What makes people think a man whose original role was and still is actually goalkeeper coach wil be able to turn things around for us. Oh yeah, we beat Hinckley 5-0 in a pre-season friendly with him in charge... :rolleyes:

Classic isn't it!

I think even suggesting Kelly out is ludicrous. Everybody in pre season was in high expectancy mode. The man has no cash to spend, so how are we ever going to compete for honours. Kelly cannot save us from the brink one season and land us the title the next, these things take time.

Good Luck Rob

I think even suggesting Kelly out is ludicrous. Everybody in pre season was in high expectancy mode. The man has no cash to spend, so how are we ever going to compete for honours. Kelly cannot save us from the brink one season and land us the title the next, these things take time.

Good Luck Rob

A point many people have been trying to stress on here, but you get some dozy, ill-minded "fans" that cannot see what is good for the club

A point many people have been trying to stress on here, but you get some dozy, ill-minded "fans" that cannot see what is good for the club

Bollocks.

People wouldn't mind if there was even a hint of effort, but when we are not fit and not ready to compete at this level questions have to be asked.

RK is not immune from criticism and the way our last 3 league games have gone then people have every right to band around what ever ideas and opinons they might have.

Sticking your head in the sand and pretending you are being loyal by not questioning anything is doing no one any favours.

totally :thumbup:

that has to be the most positive response I've received to a post on here so far lol... But seriously though if we give RK some time to figure out what his best team is and get the right balance in the team, it won't be long before all the haters will be singing his praises in unison with the people saying " i told you so "

Bollocks.

People wouldn't mind if there was even a hint of effort, but when we are not fit and not ready to compete at this level questions have to be asked.

RK is not immune from criticism and the way our last 3 league games have gone then people have every right to band around what ever ideas and opinons they might have.

Sticking your head in the sand and pretending you are being loyal by not questioning anything is doing no one any favours.

I'd love to see you take the reigns and do a better job mate, honestly. Rob Kelly is choosing the best team he has.

that has to be the most positive response I've received to a post on here so far lol... But seriously though if we give RK some time to figure out what his best team is and get the right balance in the team, it won't be long before all the haters will be singing his praises in unison with the people saying " i told you so "

yeah....he is choosing the best team available.... give it time as we have stressed... :)

Not by playing Maybury and Tiatto out wide he isn't but I see what you mean

yeah....josh low....for whatever reason hasnt played yet....lets see if RK starts him on saturday now after last nights brilliant debut. In my eyes we've always had a problem on the left hand side though

I'd love to see you take the reigns and do a better job mate, honestly. Rob Kelly is choosing the best team he has.

I'd love to.

I can guarentee this I'd have the side fit enough to cope with the rigours of the division.

What seems to be eluding most of the numbskulls on here is the manner of our performances, the lack of any attacking guile and the sheer inability of the defence to deal with set pieces. There is no excuse for our lack of fitness or lack of passion.

yeah....josh low....for whatever reason hasnt played yet....lets see if RK starts him on saturday now after last nights brilliant debut. In my eyes we've always had a problem on the left hand side though

Thats what we could use the youth team for though, bringing up new players and scouting for that particular area... It's also why I'd liked to have seen Ryan Smith back here this season

But is he?

Before you start hounding me as a "Kelly out"er, I voted no and I think it's stupid that a quater of people have been voting yes.

But this doesn't mean I have to sit there and say Kelly's doing a perfect job.

Certainly starting with 6 defenders in a 4-4-2 formation isn't optimal for starters, and we showed that actually playing a winger could improve things, rather than a full back in the winger's position.

Unless a manager is perfect he is always susceptable to critiscism wether constructive or not, it's part of the territory.

Barton Fox put it best when he said "Sticking your head in the sand and pretending you are being loyal by not questioning anything is doing no one any favours".

Thats what we could use the youth team for though, bringing up new players and scouting for that particular area... It's also why I'd liked to have seen Ryan Smith back here this season

Yeah, although ryan smith was a favourite of mine, in the end he jus never did it for me. wow this is turning into our own mini discussion. also with smithy...derby had the "cash" to purchase him

' date='Aug 9 2006, 06:39 PM' post='369375']

But is he?

Before you start hounding me as a "Kelly out"er, I voted no and I think it's stupid that a quater of people have been voting yes.

Certainly starting with 6 defenders in a 4-4-2 formation isn't optimal for starters, and we showed that actually playing a winger could improve things, rather than a full back in the winger's position.

Unless a manager is perfect he is always susceptable to critiscism wether constructive or not, it's part of the territory.

Barton Fox put it best when he said "Sticking your head in the sand and pretending you are being loyal by not questioning anything is doing no one any favours".

I'm not saying Kelly is doing a perfect job myself, far from it infact, I'm just asking for all the Kelly haters to give him time to turn things around and show us whether or not he does have the qualities needed for taking the club forward. If he doesn't, fair enough, but without time, we'll never know

Yeah, although ryan smith was a favourite of mine, in the end he jus never did it for me. wow this is turning into our own mini discussion. also with smithy...derby had the "cash" to purchase him

He never did it, but he ran at defenders and forced them backwards, something our wingers aren't doing at the minute. He'll destroy our flanks when we play the sheep if we don't get it sorted soon

' date='Aug 9 2006, 06:39 PM' post='369375']

But is he?

if im not mistaken, alan maybury spent most of the second half of last season playing right midfield...and everybody thought he was amazing...and yes i agree about josh low...and i agree that kelly isnt doing a perfect job, but im not criticising him yet

He never did it, but he ran at defenders and forced them backwards, something our wingers aren't doing at the minute. He'll destroy our flanks when we play the sheep if we don't get it sorted soon

totally... :ph34r:

if im not mistaken, alan maybury spent most of the second half of last season playing right midfield...and everybody thought he was amazing...and yes i agree about josh low...and i agree that kelly isnt doing a perfect job, but im not criticising him yet

I didn't, so not quite everybody! :)

Rob Kelly is making a right pig's ear of the job this season. But don't forget he's had no experience of the situation he's got himself into. How he responds to it is the big thing. I'm not sure how long he can be allowed to start the improvement we all want. But to sack him after 2 games would be just rank stupidity.

He did pretty well last season but there's no way he can sustain it for an entire season cos he's just a defensive-minded player, simple as that. Unless RK gets his tactics settled, we'll struggle against a lot of teams this season, but I have faith, and we'll be fine in good time

He did pretty well last season but there's no way he can sustain it for an entire season cos he's just a defensive-minded player, simple as that. Unless RK gets his tactics settled, we'll struggle against a lot of teams this season, but I have faith, and we'll be fine in good time

yeah man...as long as we keep the faith....to quote an old slogan

yeah man...as long as we keep the faith....to quote an old slogan

Well me and you seem to be doing just fine atm.. It's just other people that want a quick-fix to every problem as soon as it crops up, when clearly there are no quick-fixes. This one just has to take time

Archived