Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FNQ

Kelly out?

Kelly out?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Kelly out?

• Yes
    • No

I want a serious change of emphasis - and don't care if Kelly gives it or someone else.

The sort of players I want in our side right now are:

Henderson/Logan Hume, Fryatt, Porter, O'Grady, Hammond, Hughes, Wesolowski, Sheehan. Low, Gradel, Dodds, plus Kisnorbo and McCarthy if they are just restricted to passes of 15 yards maximum.

It might be hard to get them all in but I would have a go and have the unlucky ones on the bench.

Maybury and Stearman would compete for right back (nothing more). McAuley, Kenton, Johnson, Williams, Nils would float around as cover and that'd be about that.

Something like:

Henderson;

Stearman/Maybury... McCarthy, Kisnorbo.... Sheehan;

Low/Gradel, Wesolowski, Hughes, Porter

Fryatt, O'Grady

Subs: Stearman/Maybury, Kenton, Johnson, Dodds, Hume.

There might be weaknesses in that but it's the basis for a new beginnning and there's just the chance it will give us enough goals to survive.

What we're doing right now won't. You cannot win football matches without scoring and our defence is not good enough to collect masses of clean sheets.

The facts of that are plain to see but like alcoholics the first step is recognising that we have the problem.

Now you see if you hadn't of ditched one of the best players on the pitch last night to play golden boy I might have to of said your onto something there, dont really agree with the ditching of Williams either seeing as he played well last night.

my main concern is the lack of options at Kelly's disposal....OK he learns from his mistakes..which are what... more attacking wingplay..right?

Well who the hell have we got on the left and who could he possibly bring in (from outside) to cover for injusries....

I think we are stuck with too many defensive players and too many inexperienced attacking players..

Unless ...hang on!..... Ive got it......PUNT IT UP TO the Big man!!!! Come back MDV all is forgiven

Surely though that problem was partly caused by Kelly's dabbling in the transfer market where the left side of the team was crying out for strengthening yet he bought no one to cover those positions?

And the award for most ridiculous poll of the year goes to.................

We are two games into the season you moron!

Two wins out of the last nine. :( <_<

Crying.jpg

This is so depressing, two games in are we’re already in the shit once again. Leicester City must be the worst club to support in whole of English football over the last 6 years or so. Just when you thought things couldn’t get even worse with this club they just did. It’s bloody awful really.

why are we in the shit? 2 games in..... I bet the Hull fans aren't shitting them selves.

why are we in the shit? 2 games in..... I bet the Hull fans aren't shitting them selves.

erm thats cos they have shitloads of wonga, a decent squad, plenty of fans, a huge stadium which they own, are playing in a league above their ability....shall I go on OH and have one fo the best young managers in the country :whistle:

erm thats cos they have shitloads of wonga, a decent squad, plenty of fans, a huge stadium which they own, are playing in a league above their ability....shall I go on OH and have one fo the best young managers in the country :whistle:

2 games though! give the new players time to gell!

I think are only area of concern is how crap we are a defending set plays\ set pieces.

2 games though! give the new players time to gell!

I think are only area of concern is how crap we are a defending set plays\ set pieces.

Plus the fact we don't look like scoring anytime soon

Nothing wrong with Kenton (he could cover right across the back line) but he doesn't do what Sheehan does as a link-up and as for Williams I've said he played well in ways on another thread but decisions have to be made to suit the style and some of em won't be easy. There's only room for one creater and overll I prefer Levi.

Not saying I'm necessarily right. Just saying the approach I've outlined is where we should start to demonstrate our new emphasis. It would need time to bed in and then we could adjust it for any weaknesses that become apparent while retaining our commitment to winning the games, or at least trying in a realistic manner.

On top of that we need off pitch animation. Someone with the ability to lift people, make them believe in themselves, understand that you have faith in them, inspire them. Someone to put sparkle in the team really.

Communication - it climbs mountains for a manager.

I mean I say all that...but what else have the Romans done for us? :whistle:

Nothing wrong with Kenton (he could cover right across the back line) but he doesn't do what Sheehan does as a link-up and as for Williams I've said he played well in ways on another thread but decisions have to be made to suit the style and some of em won't be easy. There's only room for one creater and overll I prefer Levi.

Not saying I'm necessarily right. Just saying the approach I've outlined is where we should start to demonstrate our new emphasis. It would need time to bed in and then we could adjust it for any weaknesses that become apparent while retaining our commitment to winning the games, or at least trying in a realistic manner.

On top of that we need off pitch animation. Someone with the ability to lift people, make them believe in themselves, understand that you have faith in them, inspire them. Someone to put sparkle in the team really.

I thought that was Filbert Fox's job!! No seriously, the manager (RK) has come to a cross roads, we are playing Ipswich on saturday who have also no points. A loss will only lead to a loss in confidence from fans supporters etc!!

It's plain to see that we are not creating chances, and the football itself is very mediocre, the buck stops with Kelly, fo me i'm interested to see whether Kelly sticks with his initial plan of no width and defensive midfield or does subtley change that!!!

Sheehan doesn't do what Kenton does. That would be defend. :rolleyes: and I think he got foward, brought the ball out of defense and linked up very well last night.

yep but APART from NOT defendin ..NOT scoring and NOT having any options... I think we are PLAY off material!! :cool:

I agree we could be play off material

but how can you tell after 2 games, we had chances to score against luton, If we had defended well we would have got a point. Luton + Burnley are quite good sides this year.

anyway my original point was... its too early to start saying sack rob kelly

And the award for most ridiculous poll of the year goes to.................

We are two games into the season you moron!

As a moderator I am charged with reminding people that personal abuse is not to be tolerated in any form within threads unless meant in a jocular fashion between fans...

So FrankieWorthoYaggedMyWife, what you should have written was

"We are two games into the season you f'ing moron! :) "

As a moderator I am charged with reminding people that personal abuse is not to be tolerated in any form within threads unless meant in a jocular fashion between fans...

So FrankieWorthoYaggedMyWife, what you should have written was

"We are two games into the season you f'ing moron! :) "

That's some great moderating Disco Bob...moderating at it's best!!!! :thumbup:

That's some great moderating Disco Bob...moderating at it's best!!!! :thumbup:

You see, just by using the little winky smilie face no one can tell you were being sarcastic...err...ironic. Oh, whatever! :P

I say sack him now.

I really don't think he's suited to being a manager.

RK's strengths are as a coach and getting players to improve.

As a youth team coach, the games that the players play in don't really count for much, the whole point of games at youth level is to improve the players you have got. Therefore you can play with attacking fullbacks and attacking midfielders, because if you lose it doesn't really matter, but it gives the team the freedom to play.

Now, RK has all the pressure of when winning and losing does matter. I think he has lost his way and is now trying not to lose above all things, thus culminating in negative tactics and players nervous about playing the football they are capable of. He is stifling the ability of the team with his negative tactics and nervous approach which has already by the looks of it affecting the players and the fans.

Change it and change it quickly.

but how can you tell after 2 games, we had chances to score against luton, If we had defended well we would have got a point. Luton + Burnley are quite good sides this year.

<_< Ye what?

Better then Derby, Coventry, West Brom, Sunderland, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton, Leeds, Norwhich, Palace and Wolves (11 teams) are they?

While you're at it, can we have a forum for non - debate.

This forum you start a topic and you are only allowed to comment if you agree.

It might just appease some anal people on here who like to be sarcastic if you are of differant opinion to them.

I dont consider luton a good team and what chancesd did you see us have? we hit the crossbar, thats about it... :cry:

Archived