Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Maybury Calls For United Approach

Show me you deserve it. :mad::mad::mad::banghead: :mad2: :shutup::@:@

Maybury Calls For United Approach

Alan Maybury has urged City's supporters to stick by the team despite their disappointing start to the season.

Tuesday night's 1-0 defeat at the hands of Burnley came off the back of a 2-0 loss at Luton Town on Saturday, leaving the Foxes with no points and no goals to their name so far this term.

"Of course, we are all disappointed," said Maybury. "We wanted to make amends after Saturday's defeat but we didn't really perform again and were left chasing the game.

"We started brightly and created a couple of chances but as the first half wore on Burnley got stronger, hit the bar twice in quick succession and that seemed to rattle us.

"We conceded from another set-piece and were up against it after that. In this division, it seems vitally important to get that first goal."

However, the Irish international believes there is no reason to press the panic button after just two matches with the players already focusing all their efforts on this Saturday's visit of Ipswich Town.

He added: "Our form over the last few days is a concern but we are determined to fix it.

"It is only the first week of the season and is certainly not a time to start panicking.

"If we win the next 44 matches then no-one will really care about the opening two games!

"I am sure it is difficult being a supporter of Leicester City. We didn't give the fans much to cheer about last season until towards the end, expectation levels were then raised a little.

"We've now lost the first two and they probably think 'here we go again'.

"Of course, we want the fans to cheer us on but we need to give them something to cheer about first.

"Therefore, the quicker we fix things the better, and a win over Ipswich on Saturday would do us all the world of good."

Show me you deserve it. :mad::mad::mad::banghead: :mad2: :shutup::@:@

"It is only the first week of the season and is certainly not a time to start panicking.

"If we win the next 44 matches then no-one will really care about the opening two games!"

Twat

I was just going to paste the original post in this thread... why is it always one of the crappest players that they interview, and why do they always ask US to be patient... and why does he think we are going to win the next 44 games... cockring!

What else can he say? Interviews with players are fairly pointless anyway.

And that is the fecking problem with our club, they get the money in, they hype up the chances to maintain interest and then think it is perfectly acceptable to turn in a performance like yesterday and we are branded fickle if we dare to complain. Instead we are expected to continue turning up week in week out, spending money many struggle to afford and accept it, whilst the club just fecking sit there laughing at us.

These type of interviews are another example of the above. At least they could have chosen a player who the fans have something vaguely positive to say about them. :(:( <_<

asking us to be pateint.weve being pateint for years now waiting for it to be our season! i agree interviews with are pointless they arnt going to admit to playing awful so why bother?

These type of interviews are another example of the above. At least they could have chosen a player who the fans have something vaguely positive to say about them. :(:( <_<

Isn't it easier just to ignore it? Maybury's obviously been roped into doing an interview due to contract obligations and he reeled off the same thing that any player would.

Isn't it easier just to ignore it? Maybury's obviously been roped into doing an interview due to contract obligations and he reeled off the same thing that any player would.

Really... is that obvious?

If I was manager I wouldnt let my players talk to the press or public unless I was with them :whistle:

"If we win the next 44 matches then no-one will really care about the opening two games!"

My favourite quote from a Leicester player. Does he actually believe this is possible?

Last season, I was not at all worried about relegation. I never once felt we would go down, even when we dropped into the bottome three. This season, I am worried.

Don't blame Maybury for the article, lamblast him for his performance it just happened that when they drew names out of the hat to pin on this article his name was drawn first.

..."I am sure it is difficult being a supporter of Leicester City. We didn't give the fans much to cheer about last season until towards the end, expectation levels were then raised a little."...

To me is comes across as though we should be grateful for having "our expectations raised a little"!!! CHeeky bugger!!

In brief, Maybury saying keep coming, If you don't we'll lose our wages. Maybury simple, tell the rest of the players to play well, and play as a team, and use something called "comunication" (com·mu·ni·ca·tion - The exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing, or behavior.) you may get a "united approach" possible even cheering and atmosphere, then you won't have to worry about your wages ah?

To me is comes across as though we should be grateful for having "our expectations raised a little"!!! CHeeky bugger!!

Or there feeling some kind of pressure.

Archived