Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mort

Crunch Time?

We’ve had years of underachievement since our last relegation, we’ve flirted with relegation, we’ve got no cash and seem to be heading for yet another relegation dog fight this season.

Its only been two games, but looking back over the last three years we’re at our lowest ebb for over a decade with no end in sight, might we be at a point where there might be a takeover bid for the club? There are plenty of very frustrated fans and a good few of them must have the resources to do something about it (look at Derby)… so my question is, are we on the brink of some radical changes at the club, not a sugar daddy magically saving the day but a group of frustrated well off fans challenging the current board?

The thing to do is to keep giving out a load of free stuff to the fans and to keep paying the overpaid wasters of playing staff we have.

I say we don't pay them on the grounds that they're sh it.

You're right TPH but why stop there ?

Leicester Rhino posted this on another forum in reply to a question about what would you do if you were the chairman.

Well to start with you can stop taking a salary.

You can ask TNBD how he's got the cheek to take £200,000 a year

Then yo can ask Jo Bucci what the fek she does for her £100,000

Then you can ask him why we need:

2 people in football admin

10 people in the ticket office

5 groundsmen

4 people in media and communicatios

Just 1 supporter relations bloke

6 people who's umbrella title is football - wtf

13 people at the youth academy

6 people at the training ground (not coaches)

9 people in the finance department

1 child welfare officer -why?

2 in human resources

3 in health and safety

3 in company admin

2 in facilities - wtf

18 cleaners

2 car park managers

12 in retail

3 in the community office

9 in catering opperations (not bar staff or servers)

2 in marketing

6 in corperate sales

5 in bookings and reservations

Then on a matchday there are all the stewards/old bill, the catering is subbed out and there are lots of programm sellers/turnstile opperators/car park geezers/fox lot sellers and Birch

Then of course there are club medical staff and coaches and trainers and the bloke who watches the videos in his track suit.

No wonder we can't afford any players

You're right TPH but why stop there ?

Leicester Rhino posted this on another forum in reply to a question about what would you do if you were the chairman.

Well to start with you can stop taking a salary.

You can ask TNBD how he's got the cheek to take £200,000 a year

Then yo can ask Jo Bucci what the fek she does for her £100,000

Then you can ask him why we need:

2 people in football admin

10 people in the ticket office

5 groundsmen

4 people in media and communicatios

Just 1 supporter relations bloke

6 people who's umbrella title is football - wtf

13 people at the youth academy

6 people at the training ground (not coaches)

9 people in the finance department

1 child welfare officer -why?

2 in human resources

3 in health and safety

3 in company admin

2 in facilities - wtf

18 cleaners

2 car park managers

12 in retail

3 in the community office

9 in catering opperations (not bar staff or servers)

2 in marketing

6 in corperate sales

5 in bookings and reservations

Then on a matchday there are all the stewards/old bill, the catering is subbed out and there are lots of programm sellers/turnstile opperators/car park geezers/fox lot sellers and Birch

Then of course there are club medical staff and coaches and trainers and the bloke who watches the videos in his track suit.

No wonder we can't afford any players

Surely we can cut down on these now.

So now you want them to sack people who prob do there job alot better than the players?

Not necessarily, but as they keep reminiding us it's a business, a business that appears to be running at a loss, with less customers coming through the door. All businesses have to continually review their costs. Thety probably do this hence the talk of the Birch and others being given the olde heave ho, but the situation has deteriorated since then.

With less customers you need less staff. Personally I would start at the top.Clarke, who is now paid has replaced the previous chairman who wasn't, this is explained as providing extra support to TD, we also have the additional cost of JB. All this and no additional income. The pre-season curtain opener was rumoured to be another loss making exercise, there is failure emanating through out the club, heads should roll, money needs to be saved.

Not necessarily, but as they keep reminiding us it's a business, a business that appears to be running at a loss, with less customers coming through the door. All businesses have to continually review their costs. Thety probably do this hence the talk of the Birch and others being given the olde heave ho, but the situation has deteriorated since then.

With less customers you need less staff. Personally I would start at the top.Clarke, who is now paid has replaced the previous chairman who wasn't, this is explained as providing extra support to TD, we also have the additional cost of JB. All this and no additional income. The pre-season curtain opener was rumoured to be another loss making exercise, there is failure emanating through out the club, heads should roll, money needs to be saved.

I think they should get the board etc to multitask ie do the cleaning, work the phones etc and actually work for there money rather then sit in meetings!! :rolleyes:

I take you point, and your right it is a business.

The people at the top aren't often the people that suffer to begin with though.

I think the only hope to compete is to find some investment. Which is easier said than done i guess!

Yes we are going to be even deeper in debt by Christmas :ph34r:

Well maybe if people like you that claim to support the club actaully turned up and gave some support then we wouldnt be in this situation.

Well maybe if people like you that claim to support the club actaully turned up and gave some support then we wouldnt be in this situation.

No ones talking about not turning up or suporting the club, but how mindlessly aplauding everything the club does is meant to help the situation I dont know... most of us are critical of the decisons being made because we care about the club and want it to do well and it is simply being sold short by it's current performance which is largly down to poor decision making at all levels.

Sorry I meant to Point the finger at "TPH" :whistle:

No ones talking about not turning up or suporting the club, but how mindlessly aplauding everything the club does is meant to help the situation I dont know... most of us are critical of the decisons being made because we care about the club and want it to do well and it is simply being sold short by it's current performance which is largly down to poor decision making at all levels.

I agree that there does need to be changes I was just trying to get my point across that theres no point spending hours and hours on the forums and not going to actaully see the team in action, there not supporters, real fans will follow the team trhough high's and low's regardless of what league we end up in.

Take Wimbledon, all their fans stopped going just because they were doing shite and look what happened to them!

Archived