Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

Carling cup rnd 2

have they always done the draw like that? eg seeded vs non-seeded?

personally i think thats rubbish. it defeats the whole point of the cup.

I think it's new, I guess it does make it unfair but then lots of sports competitions are done like that now, in this case you might find that the lower league teams are not against it because they have a better chance of pulling a bigger club in the earlier rounds, although they now have less chance of progressing. Mind you after the last round anything's posssible :D

have they always done the draw like that? eg seeded vs non-seeded?

personally i think thats rubbish. it defeats the whole point of the cup.

Not really, it gives the smaller clubs a better chance of drawing one of the bigger teams and maybe making a bit of dosh.

Wouldn't want to see it in the FA Cup though..

I think it's new, I guess it does make it unfair but then lots of sports competitions are done like that now, in this case you might find that the lower league teams are not against it because they have a better chance of pulling a bigger club in the earlier rounds, although they now have less chance of progressing. Mind you after the last round anything's posssible :D

surely it's just a way of ensuring that the big clubs avoid playing each other and get to the final? not so much this round but if you keep the big clubs away from each other you are never going to get the likes of Tranmere/ lower league sides getting to the final which is what cups are all about imo

Archived