Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hoooom

An idea to pack stadium

Yeah I don't think we are even near the worst club in this league for attendances - its just a case of the club needing to put a lot of effort into trying to attract more fans. Things like free flags are novel but rather small, and in modern times when people have less disposible income the club needs to look at more attractive propositions for people to come out and see the side. Lower prices would aid this, or overall if fans feel they are getting a better deal over the season they will come.

http://www.tonykempster.co.uk/div1att.htm

We have had one of the worst drops in attendences compared to last season :( There are worse though

Because the point's been made that the club will sell more tickets anyway for top matches and therefore giving tickets away would cost them revenue.

I cannot see the ground being full though - I'd have thought 24,000 would be the most we're likely to get this season unless we really start stringing a run together.

If we sell tickets cheap for games like colchester etc (that, in theroy, we should win and play well against) then fans are more likely to come back because they have seen us win, whereas if they ee us (most likely) moose to temas like Nowich etc then I doubt they would want to come back.

If we sell tickets cheap for games like colchester etc (that, in theroy, we should win and play well against) then fans are more likely to come back because they have seen us win, whereas if they ee us (most likely) moose to temas like Nowich etc then I doubt they would want to come back.

I see your punjabi is getting better Standupandsing!!! One day you maybe known as StandupandSingh!!!!

Colchester should be a fans fixture!!!!

I happen to think that standing on our own feet instead of transferring out debt to a short-term speculator is a preferable option. If you another know a way to keep all our prospects and remain solvent then don't expect me to complain.
And that is mentioned in this thread where?

I don't see how giving tickets away will help, it's been done before, albeit on a smaller scale and it didn't work then. The only way attendances will pick up, realistically, is when results do. It isn't rocket science. And seeing as attendances elsewhere have dropped, perhaps it goes beyond that anyway. As I have already mentioned. But then again, you do suffer from selective reading where I am concerned.

And that is mentioned in this thread where?

I don't see how giving tickets away will help, it's been done before, albeit on a smaller scale and it didn't work then. The only way attendances will pick up, realistically, is when results do. It isn't rocket science. And seeing as attendances elsewhere have dropped, perhaps it goes beyond that anyway. As I have already mentioned. But then again, you do suffer from selective reading where I am concerned.

Thankfully results are better and I see some improvement with the style of play.

But if standards slip again it still does not mean we should accept all those empty seats and not try to do something about them.

I'd be more convinced about such an idea not working if it were actually tried, or something similar, because what happens elsewhere is no comfort to me or Leicester City.

I agree there might be reasons for lower attendance that go beyond results but it's defeatist (and I don't mean by you) to simply accept the status quo. Our summer friendlies programme and the 0-0 bore draw at home, didn't help the situation one bit, Far more should have been done to persuade or entice people to support the club but that's in the past now.

The job now is to try to put bums on those empty seats and that requires a team effort as much as the football.

Thankfully results are better and I see some improvement with the style of play.

But if standards slip again it still does not mean we should accept all those empty seats and not try to do something about them.

I'd be more convinced about such an idea not working if it were actually tried, or something similar, because what happens elsewhere is no comfort to me or Leicester City.

I agree there might be reasons for lower attendance that go beyond results but it's defeatist (and I don't mean by you) to simply accept the status quo. Our summer friendlies programme and the 0-0 bore draw at home, didn't help the situation one bit, Far more should have been done to persuade or entice people to support the club but that's in the past now.

The job now is to try to put bums on those empty seats and that requires a team effort as much as the football.

The fans need something to get excited about, in my opinion. Whether it be entertaining football, results, whatever, we haven't had any of it. Some of it is stating the obvious, but the fact that the club seem to be devoid of ideas worries me, as does the obsession to find the elusive secret. But do we really need or want organised entertainment? We used to make our own. That used to be enough to get people coming back for more. It just doesn't happen anymore. It's easy to look back to the "good old days", but they are gone. Is that defeatest? Possibly. But I'll keep banging that advertising board, and I'll sing, even if noone else around me joins in. So perhaps not then? :dunno:

The fans need something to get excited about, in my opinion. Whether it be entertaining football, results, whatever, we haven't had any of it. Some of it is stating the obvious, but the fact that the club seem to be devoid of ideas worries me, as does the obsession to find the elusive secret. But do we really need or want organised entertainment? We used to make our own. That used to be enough to get people coming back for more. It just doesn't happen anymore. It's easy to look back to the "good old days", but they are gone. Is that defeatest? Possibly. But I'll keep banging that advertising board, and I'll sing, even if noone else around me joins in. So perhaps not then? :dunno:

Whatever I might disagree with you about I think you're a great fan - exactly the sort the club needs lots of cos, believe me, it's getting awful sitting in the West Stand with the Living Dead (simply cos I see better there).

Results alone aren't enough, unless they're exceptional.

People like Porter and O'Grady have given our side a bit of of extra buzz and I hope Gradel and Dodds come along sooner rather than later to give it some more because we need excitement as well as efficiency in our team and we also need to publicise the fact that such people are playing.

This idea of keeping the team secret is nonsense. Film companies go to great lengths publicising their next offerings and they don't keep the actors/actresses names secret - they plaster them on the biggest notice boards they can find and produce exciting trailers.

I'm not suggesting we go to those lengths but we need the fans to know whether they'll be watching 4-5-1 with eight defenders or an inspiring team of under 23's with three strikers and two wingers or whatever.

The tactical benefits of staying silent are negligible because any coach worth his salt will be able to get any tactical message across in the "informed" time before the kick-off in any case.

And, we need to get into peoples faces and to use every opportunity to persuade them to support us.

Basically, it seems to me the club needs a charisma injection - off the field as well as on. On the field the charisma is emerging but barely being mentioned. Off the field it's awful.

You get people PRing on programmes that are going out to largish City and County-wide audiences and there's barely any impact. Who's really getting people going and whetting their appetite?. Nobody that I've seen or heard.

And economically, if we've priced our product too high and it's not selling well enough we've got to think again because 14,000-odd empty seats at £25-odd per seat for 20-odd matches is £7m we're not even getting a part of. That's serious money.

Even a quarter of that money would be useful. Especially if it's a quarter we were'nt otherwise going to get.

You get people PRing on programmes that are going out to largish City and County-wide audiences and there's barely any impact. Who's really getting people going and whetting their appetite?. Nobody that I've seen or heard.

Time for you to give the moan-in a call?

The Buddy System ©

Benefits include:

• 25,000 minimum crowds, thanks to the Buddies©.
  • Swear and blame it on your mate. Hilarity ensues as stewards grapple with your Buddy©.
  • Bad decision by the ref? Take it out on your Buddy©.
  • Want to leave early? Deflate and hold on tight to your Buddy©- you'll be out the ground in seconds!

One issued to every season ticket holder:

INFLATABLE%20MAN_l.jpg

The Buddy System ©

Benefits include:

• 25,000 minimum crowds, thanks to the Buddies©.
  • Swear and blame it on your mate. Hilarity ensues as stewards grapple with your Buddy©.
  • Bad decision by the ref? Take it out on your Buddy©.
  • Want to leave early? Deflate and hold on tight to your Buddy©- you'll be out the ground in seconds!

One issued to every season ticket holder:

INFLATABLE%20MAN_l.jpg

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Love it.

25,000 Roy Keane lookalites filling the empty seats. God help the ref who gets a decision wrong! :whistle::D

25,000 Roy Keane lookalites filling the empty seats. God help the ref who gets a decision wrong! :whistle::D

I knew he reminded me of someone! :D Heaven knows who'd want one of them in real life though. Perhaps Alex Ferguson and Mick McCarthy as voodoo dolls?

Archived