Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Academy 6 Fulham 3

They seem to score a massive amount of goals but concede quite a few at the same time.

Bodes well for the future from an attacking viewpoint but not so much the defensive.

I'm guessing they must be top of the league now with 1 defeat and 4/5? wins.

It's like a Thracian Fantasy!!! ;):P

They seem to score a massive amount of goals but concede quite a few at the same time.

Bodes well for the future from an attacking viewpoint but not so much the defensive.

I'm guessing they must be top of the league now with 1 defeat and 4/5? wins.

They are still doing better than the first team at the moment ...

People are genuinely interested in our young players. Can LCFC/Premium TV not pull their fingers out and give us a match report?

Presumably they can't be shrouding the young 'uns under a veil of secrecy? After all, if there was sh*t hot talent in there, surely they'd be in our first-team squad???

Gradel seriously has to be involved soon, as a sub at the very least. He'd make more of an impact Low has done and it's all well and good some posters assuming they won't make a difference but is anyone at right wing or left back doing anything positive for our team? I'd rather believe things will improve by involving positive players like Gradel than ignore the performances they are putting in (and scoring goals) and stick with mediocrity that looks like cementing are place in the bottom half of the Championship again. :angry:

When we're forced to play defenders on the wing time and time again we've got a serious problem and it needs addressing. It's time to start focusing on attack.

Good to see the number of first year scholars that were involved yesterday. Can only be good for the future that they are getting this experience of playing in a winning team now. Has Cisak been away with Poland because it looks like he didn't play yesterday which may have contributed to the three goal against?

Odhiambo's no mug either. First hat-trick for him as far as I can recall.

Indeed, a hat-trick can't be bad.

Reason I singled out Gradel is that I know he's a winger and has scored a good few goals, that just seems to be continuing. I've NEVER seen him play but think that purely from a 'rewarding' sense for the lad, if nothing else, he'd certainly be worth a place in the 16 for our cup game at Hereford.

If he's cr ap, fair play - but he'd see he's being considered and you never know - he might even make the grade.

Indeed, a hat-trick can't be bad.

Reason I singled out Gradel is that I know he's a winger and has scored a good few goals, that just seems to be continuing. I've NEVER seen him play but think that purely from a 'rewarding' sense for the lad, if nothing else, he'd certainly be worth a place in the 16 for our cup game at Hereford.

If he's cr ap, fair play - but he'd see he's being considered and you never know - he might even make the grade.

I wish it was a case of "if he's crap", sod off at Leicester because there's a few would be in the queue long before Gradel.

He can do crap. For a minute or two. But I don't think the sort of extended crap you're talking about comes into his vocabulary.

Gradel makes crowds buzz. He might cock up, all positive wingers cock up, but when he gets the ball there's an instant air of expectation.

And the "few"goals he's scored from those distant flanks are like twice as many as any of our first team strikers over the last nine months or so. No winger gets that many goals by being crap. So relax - and if you're in town when he does play, you might enjoy a pleasant surprise. :):):thumbup:

It's a case of when not if with Gradel. The coaching staff rate him, Rob Kelly's seen him play and he's had him training with the first team before. It's the manager's job to decide when it'll be right to put him in a first team squad for a match and I think Kelly will choose the right moment like he's done with Porter. I don't think he's scared to put youngsters in and he's not afraid to drop people if there's a better option available either. It's more of a case of is it the right time to bring another youngster into the mix? I'm not sure. Ideally you'd bring a youngster into a winning side and gradually too. Some would say there's never a right time so you might as well just put him in now.

Archived