Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

Why did we force out MA?

Some of you will ridicule this immediately, to the point that a mod/admin deletes it, but the decision of thousands of city fans to force MA out a couple of seasons ago was disgusting. I know looking at the past won't change a thing but I would like to raise his resignation as the day things went horribly wrong. At the time we were in the top half of the table and despite the collapse against QPR, the team was ageing but getting results. Also we could have been further up the table hadn't Walker been injured, Pressman cost us a good few points. IN MY OPINION, the fans, like myself, should have stuck by MA and his policy so he could lead us to the play-offs.

Your opinions.

Right, when we got relegated season 01-02 we bounced straight back up under the guidance of Micky Adams.

When we came back down (03-04) we took for granted that, because we came straight up the last time, we was going to do it again.

Well, as we know we didn't all start of the way we expected and the way we did in 02-03. So, because of this, we started to get on Adams' back, when correct me if i'm wrong, we was playing at promotion form.

The club had high expectations and at the time we thought we could do better clearly the club and fans were wrong. But after being relegated most clubs are right to think that the club should of been topping the table and this wasn't happening. Logical decison at the time, illogical now.

Yeah. It seems mad now - looking at all the ex-Premiership teams littering the championship at mid-table or worse.

The one bright side is that he hasn't worked wonders at the Covscum.

I guess it was our awful home form which got the supporters on his back at the Walkers, and once that happens you're a gonner in management. Despite how badly we're playing at the minute the tide hasn't turned against RK because we've not lost EVERY game in an abject fashion to a team near the bottom of the table.

What many seem to be forgeting is the MA offered to resign after the La Manga catastrophe, it was refused. After that his heart was never in it, even when he offered again in the following season the board refused before he eventually went.

His time at Leicester had run it's course, sometimes it does that just like one of those teenage flings; you think it'll last forever great shag and all that but when you meet again a few years later it isn't the same.

get a grip, MA side was full of one season wonders we had no stability and hardly a single palyer under the age of 30.

The board wanted to build a more stable future and i back that.

We are a couple of players short of being a good side, we will finish mid table this season - FACT....

get a grip, MA side was full of one season wonders we had no stability and hardly a single palyer under the age of 30.

The board wanted to build a more stable future and i back that.

We are a couple of players short of being a good side, we will finish mid table this season - FACT....

Go on quantify that statement, just how do you reach that conclusion?

Go on quantify that statement, just how do you reach that conclusion?

I'm a bit drunk how about that for clarity.

I do honest think that our side isn't that bad, defensively we are okay (and okay means midtable), our strikers are good enough for midtable, the winger are also, so it seems to coem down to central midfield.

I think we could do with a few bigger guys to give us a better presence for free kicks and corners.

Do you honestly think we will end up worse than midtable? This division is full of rubbish teams and we rubbish but better than some of the other rubbish

if you want to go back even further why did we sack Peter Taylor. Most fans hate (despise) him and hold him responsible for our relegation. However would he have really done any worse than Dave Bassatt did at trying to keep us up. We had been on the slide for a while evidently from the season before but if you sack someone you should have a better replacement guaranteed which we didnt (shame Redknapp changed his mind)

Leicester are in this position not because of managers but mistakes made by the previous and now current board. It is no surprise to me that Taylor has made a success of near enough every other job he has had.

I also think part of the reason the fans got on Adams back wasnt just the results it was the way we were getting them. Fans were fed up of Pieman in goal, booting it to Scowcroft's head from goal kicks. fans wanted Leicester to play more imaginative football. During our promotion campaign we let it go as we were getting promoted and that made up for it. We also had a couple of very gifted players for the division (Izzett and Dickov). It was clear that in Adams last season there was knowone in the squad of that ability despite the number of ex-premiership players in our squad.

The worrying thing is that despite 2 managers since the football hasnt improved much. Different squad of players but they still cant find a pass. In a couple of games under Levein we showed our capabilities (sheff u home in particular). But now more than ever that seems a distant memory.

Reasons we 'forced' MA out:

• we had a bad start to the season (at this time point of the season we had 8 points, better than now but this was along with promises of promotion and parachute payments)
  • he wouldn't play the youngsters (with the likes of Stearman, Sheehan, Wright, O'Grady and Wesolowski all being talked about)
  • the football was awful (worse than under Levein and Kelly)
  • the average age of his signings was 29/30
  • the average age of his squad was 28/29
  • he said 'don't talk to me about top six talk to me about top two' at the start of the season
  • he'd shown himself to be tactically inept in the Premiership
  • he'd lost his passion for the job, should have left after La Manga (as Barton has already pointed out) and we must remember when he eventually left here he resigned and was not sacked.

Even though at the time, we were better off under MA than we are now, it was the right time for him to go. As others said, after the whole La Manga affair he wasn't the same and things had gone stale. Plus he still couldn't fix the throwing away of games late on.. I remember after the Preston League Cup game (Adams last game? almost at least), when they equalised late on and then went on to win in extra time, Nathan Blake saying that as soon as they equalised the team knew that Preston would win... really not a good attitude to have through the squad.

Adams needed to go, unfortunately things just havn't worked out well for us since he left either.. But, I'd rather be in the position we're in now with a squad full of players aged 18-25 rather than players aged 30-35... At least now we have sellable players, and players who will surely only improve.

Yes it may have been long ball,!

But it got us out of a division once. We were 4points off the play offs when we left.

Trying to play football might get us out of a division but the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong i want us to play good football, but not at the expense of results.

I guess it was our awful home form which got the supporters on his back at the Walkers, and once that happens you're a gonner in management. Despite how badly we're playing at the minute the tide hasn't turned against RK because we've not lost EVERY game in an abject fashion to a team near the bottom of the table.

I agree,our home form played a big part in Levein loosing the job aswel.

We cant loose as many home games as we do,no wonder the crowd boo especially to teams like Hull and Burnley.

I wouldnt say MA was forced out atal,at the time our expectations were a bit higher as we thought we should be chasing promotion and our position didnt show this.

I agree,our home form played a big part in Levein loosing the job aswel.

We cant loose as many home games as we do,no wonder the crowd boo especially to teams like Hull and Burnley.

I wouldnt say MA was forced out atal,at the time our expectations were a bit higher as we thought we should be chasing promotion and our position didnt show this.

I think it was a cumulative effect of relegation, old players, poor footy, home form and high expectations. I also agree with Bartons point, MA's heart may not have been in the job!!!!

if you want to go back even further why did we sack Peter Taylor. Most fans hate (despise) him and hold him responsible for our relegation. However would he have really done any worse than Dave Bassatt did at trying to keep us up. We had been on the slide for a while evidently from the season before but if you sack someone you should have a better replacement guaranteed which we didnt (shame Redknapp changed his mind)

Leicester are in this position not because of managers but mistakes made by the previous and now current board. It is no surprise to me that Taylor has made a success of near enough every other job he has had.

Just because Bassett was a mistake doesn't mean that sacking Taylor was the wrong thing to do. The Bassett appointment in my opinion was worse than the Taylor one at least they had the exccuse of taking a chance with a 'new upcoming manager' where as Bassett has hardly ever performed in the Premiership and that was well documented.

As for Taylor's success that has all been in or around Division 3 where as we were a Division One/Premier side. He's done nothing before or since to prove he was worthy of being a Premiership Manager, he goes to clubs where the previous manager has laid the foundations of potential success and rides with that until it looks like it's going tits up and then gets out or is pushed.

Yes it may have been long ball,!

But it got us out of a division once. We were 4points off the play offs when we left.

Trying to play football might get us out of a division but the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong i want us to play good football, but not at the expense of results.

Not that relevant though as we're only 5 points off it know and as we know it changes on a weekly basis as it did under Adams and was just as likely then as it is now to be worse next week.

At the time Bassett was frustrating but he brought in Dickov and Deane and Adams got to know the club before taking the reins. Yes, that season was a total write-off but they set us up for automatic promotion the next season, and how far away are we from that now? I think another example of that working is Kelly seeing a few of Levein's mistakes and rectifying them i.e. playing Hume and switching Kisnorbo to defence. Of course that is in danger of going tits up at the moment but he saved us last season.

At the time Bassett was frustrating but he brought in Dickov and Deane and Adams got to know the club before taking the reins. Yes, that season was a total write-off but they set us up for automatic promotion the next season, and how far away are we from that now? I think another example of that working is Kelly seeing a few of Levein's mistakes and rectifying them i.e. playing Hume and switching Kisnorbo to defence. Of course that is in danger of going tits up at the moment but he saved us last season.

But in reality, the majority of players brought (perhaps not Dickov) in by Bassett were adequate Division 2 players that's why we still got relegated and were able to get promoted and they were all so short term there was no strategy to replace and build, just to replace and replace with diminishing quality and sustainability. Low transfer fees and high wages due to buying aging mercenaries meant our capital was getting smaller and smaller. At least now we have some saleable assets all on low wages, from Levein's yime our player worth has increase by a significant sum.

Although that has been put back somewhat by the recruitment of Low, McCauley and Johnson mainly because now we're in a no transfer/low wage situation..

Archived