Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Dave Penney

I don't want to start throwing names in to the ring to replace Kelly as he's very much still here. But on a side note, one of the best young managers in the country is without a job after leaving Doncaster and now is our chance to get a very good manager for nothing!!!.

Very odd how he left Doncaster, took them from non-league to 8th in League One and only a penalty converted away from a semi-final place in last season's Carling Cup.

Seems a perfect choice to me should Kelly leave.

If Kelly leaves or is sacked then I'd say it's time to get a manager in who is experienced in this league. That doesn't have to be someone past it or so awful it makes us cringe (Bassett), but while it's nice to have 'upcoming' managers with potential, I think we need to be stabilized in this league first.

Good shout

Would we have to pay Kelly any compensation

Kelly is on a years contract, so if we were to sack him then we'd probably have to pay his contract up or until he finds another job. I wouldn't have thought he's on anymore than £150k per year, so I think £100k would cover it at most. Penney is un-employed so we'd just have to agree a contract with him and be able to afford for him to bring his own staff in.

If Kelly leaves or is sacked then I'd say it's time to get a manager in who is experienced in this league. That doesn't have to be someone past it or so awful it makes us cringe (Bassett), but while it's nice to have 'upcoming' managers with potential, I think we need to be stabilized in this league first.

I say, let Martin George pick the manager - Little, McB*stard, and O'neill were all his choices wern't they?? They were all up and coming managers, but gave us the best years we've had in a long time

I say give Kelly a f'ing break.

Any manager who is happy to allow his players or even encourage his players to hoof the ball up to strikers that don't win headers, shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

It is the equivalent of an Asda store manager allowing his shelf stackers to put the fresh fish in with the tins of beans and spaghetti. If that happened for 8 consecutive weeks, then the store manager would be bounced out like no tomorrow.

It's been 8 games and absolutely no sign of him trying to rectify this basic tactical error.

Kelly is on a years contract, so if we were to sack him then we'd probably have to pay his contract up or until he finds another job. I wouldn't have thought he's on anymore than £150k per year, so I think £100k would cover it at most. Penney is un-employed so we'd just have to agree a contract with him and be able to afford for him to bring his own staff in.

I believe a rolling contract means you would have to pay up the full amount to cover the stated duration i.e. 1 year rolling = 1 years wages, whenever he is sacked, which the 'law' relating to football managers says he will be one day.

And when a new guy came in and things didn't improve after 8 games??? What then, you want to sack them too?

But let's look at it at moment.

1) Kelly has never managed a football team before.

2) He didn't even want the managers job in the first place, but eventually knew he'd be a fool not to take it.

There are 2 big, big reasons why we can't hang around and wait to see if he can get it right. There's enough evidence to suggest he's not going to be any good, but very little to suggest he is because basically he has no proven track record.

I'm not writing him off just yet, but come on Babylon can you explain and stick up for a manager who allows a team to constantly give the ball away and possibly even encourage it? Because the main culprits are still being picked week in, week out.

Any manager who is happy to allow his players or even encourage his players to hoof the ball up to strikers that don't win headers, shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

It is the equivalent of an Asda store manager allowing his shelf stackers to put the fresh fish in with the tins of beans and spaghetti. If that happened for 8 consecutive weeks, then the store manager would be bounced out like no tomorrow.

It's been 8 games and absolutely no sign of him trying to rectify this basic tactical error.

Nice comparisons!! :thumbup:

Trouble is we're no longer an Asda, we're just the local corner shop and in many of them you will find tins of beans next to the fresh fish, actually you wont because they wont have any fresh fish they can't afford to stock it. :P

Trouble is we're no longer an Asda, we're just the local corner shop and in many of them you will find tins of beans next to the fresh fish, actually you wont because they wont have any fresh fish they can't afford to stock it. :P

We're a team of 10p space raiders

But let's look at it at moment.

1) Kelly has never managed a football team before.

2) He didn't even want the managers job in the first place, but eventually knew he'd be a fool not to take it.

There are 2 big, big reasons why we can't hang around and wait to see if he can get it right. There's enough evidence to suggest he's not going to be any good, but very little to suggest he is because basically he has no proven track record.

I'm not writing him off just yet, but come on Babylon can you explain and stick up for a manager who allows a team to constantly give the ball away and possibly even encourage it? Because the main culprits are still being picked week in, week out.

Firstly he never said he didn't want it. The comments he made are the same as most caretakers in the position he was in.

I'm not sticking up for his failings, he needs to sort things out but IMO he should be given the time to rectify things. I'd probably change that opinion if we look like getting cut adrift from other teams.

We haven't been great, but I think we have been unlucky not to draw the last two games. Had Kenton not scored the own goal I don't think we would even be having this discussion.

The line between success and failure is very thin for us at the minute, when one win can take you to 9th in the league it is way to early to be talking about this. All it does is start the band wagon rolling once again and i've seen that too much in the last three years.

Firstly he never said he didn't want it. The comments he made are the same as most caretakers in the position he was in.

I'm not sticking up for his failings, he needs to sort things out but IMO he should be given the time to rectify things. I'd probably change that opinion if we look like getting cut adrift from other teams.

We haven't been great, but I think we have been unlucky not to draw the last two games. Had Kenton not scored the own goal I don't think we would even be having this discussion.

The line between success and failure is very thin for us at the minute, when one win can take you to 9th in the league it is way to early to be talking about this. All it does is start the band wagon rolling once again and i've seen that too much in the last three years.

Fair enough, but I was making these same posts about Craig Leveinb last season and so were you. I'm trying not to do the same again the horrible feeling you suddenly get when you finally have to hold your hands up and agree we've got a crap manager and may well be on the verge of relegation. I hate all this, wish my dad had been gay or something or atleast not liked football! :D

Fair enough, but I was making these same posts about Craig Leveinb last season and so were you. I'm trying not to do the same again the horrible feeling you suddenly get when you finally have to hold your hands up and agree we've got a crap manager and may well be on the verge of relegation. I hate all this, wish my dad had been gay or something or atleast not liked football! :D

I know what you mean, but i will always ask for our manager to be given a decent crack at it. I've never said Kelly is great, or that Levein was any good. I just said give them time to prove it one way or the other.

Sacking for the sake of sacking only sends teams in the position we are in (financially and how the club is run) one way... DOWN!!!

For me Kelly hasn't proved he's good or terrible yet.

I know what you mean, but i will always ask for our manager to be given a decent crack at it. I've never said Kelly is great, or that Levein was any good. I just said give them time to prove it one way or the other.

Sacking for the sake of sacking only sends teams in the position we are in (financially and how the club is run) one way... DOWN!!!

For me Kelly hasn't proved he's good or terrible yet.

Proven he's very slow at realising basic tactical errors that the team are making.

Archived