Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Hereford atmosphere

DavieG's mentioned it but did anyone else feel it was a really terrific night out yesterday.

Having the stands so close to the pitch made for a real feeling of involvement and I found the Hereford stewards and other officials to be good natured, helpful and not at all in your face.

The football was a mixture of good, bad, brilliant and bizarre but there was rarely a dull moment. Altogether a brilliant £15 quids worth.

DavieG's mentioned it but did anyone else feel it was a really terrific night out yesterday.

Having the stands so close to the pitch made for a real feeling of involvement and I found the Hereford stewards and other officials to be good natured, helpful and not at all in your face.

The football was a mixture of good, bad, brilliant and bizarre but there was rarely a dull moment. Altogether a brilliant £15 quids worth.

Absolutely fantastic support last night.

Best bit for me was the banter we gave their keeper and fair enough on the guy he was up for it!

"Does your boyfriend know your here"

Glad we don't have to pay the police bill though, how many where there??? Although I guess some of it will come out our portion of the gate receipts.

I thought it was brilliant. Some great songs going and our players could hear them loud and clear and they kept acknowledging us. 'Stearman start the wave' whilst he was waiting for a corner to come in was funny and he started clapping and laughing. Nearly scored from it aswell.

Absolutely fantastic support last night.

Best bit for me was the banter we gave their keeper and fair enough on the guy he was up for it!

"Does your boyfriend know your here"

I started that one! :D:P

New boots, the linesman's got new boots...

Momo, momo momo, momo Sylla...

Great atmosphere last night.

I started that one! :D:P

New boots, the linesman's got new boots...

Momo, momo momo, momo Sylla...

Great atmosphere last night.

i got that one goin :thumbup: its was a great night out. couldnt hear the hereford fans at all!

In your cup final 3-1! lol

Are you watchin coventry??! :smile:

I was just gonna put that point myself, Atmospheres in grounds have been on the slide ever since stadiums went all seaters, bring back standing and bring back the atmosphere. :thumbup:

I couldn't believe the place. We sat in the wing stand and it was still great because we were so close to the pitch and the all round banter was terrific. It was like going back in time because the inside view of the ground had hardly changed since I played there as a teenager. Even the loos were the same - a throwback to another era - only the pitch seemed to have improved really.

I couldn't believe the place. We sat in the wing stand and it was still great because we were so close to the pitch and the all round banter was terrific. It was like going back in time because the inside view of the ground had hardly changed since I played there as a teenager. Even the loos were the same - a throwback to another era - only the pitch seemed to have improved really.

Reminded me of my times in the East Stand as a nipper

All we needed was a few of those revolving wooden rattles....I've still got one from the 50's right beside me. What a racket they made.

Don't let anyone do a risk assessment on it else it will have to be crushed for being dangerous ;) , just like everything else these days, the spirit is being crushed along with it as well.

Don't let anyone do a risk assessment on it else it will have to be crushed for being dangerous ;) , just like everything else these days, the spirit is being crushed along with it as well.

It probably ought to be locked in a cabinet with a safety certificate. :whistle: .

Sounds daft but it'd be like selling a bit of my soul.

For a few bits of wood it represents a lot of good times.

...but surely that's the football way these days :whistle:

:P

It is indeed DB. Especially when remuneration comes in a brown paper bag, eh?

It is indeed DB. Especially when remuneration comes in a brown paper bag, eh?

I got remunerated in a little brown envelope when I first started work, counting badges and buttons in a warehouse. Not to the same level as Big Sam mind you (allegedly).

I got remunerated in a little brown envelope when I first started work, counting badges and buttons in a warehouse. Not to the same level as Big Sam mind you (allegedly).

Sounds like fun. :unsure:

Archived