Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Tiatto...better in the centre?

I just want to take my hat off and say 'Well done Danny, you rammed the words back down my throat!"

I've normally been critical of him, but yesterday's effort was fantastic and he looks more accomplished in the central midfield. One incident I can remember is when we were sitting back and Palace were just passing it around on the edge of our area. Nobody was moving, but straight away Tiatto steamed in, got the ball and set up a good attack !!

Well done Danny, you can have more of my support if you play more like that !! Tia, Tia, Tiatto, Tiatto, Tiatto, Tia, Tia, Tiatto, Tia, Tiatto (to the chorus part of 'I am the music man').

:thumbup:

You can't have him and Hughes. There's not enough goals in it. :(

Whoever we play in the middle won't get us goals. I thought Tiatto was good there yesterday but I wouldn't chose him over a fit weso.

Whoever we play in the middle won't get us goals. I thought Tiatto was good there yesterday but I wouldn't chose him over a fit weso.

Of course, Weso is the CM we'd rather have. But for now, Tiatto is fit and Weso is not.

Play Tiatto for 70 minutes, then replace him with Weso to help him get some match fitness. Repeat for a few games and see where it leads us. ;)

Of course, Weso is the CM we'd rather have. But for now, Tiatto is fit and Weso is not.

Play Tiatto for 70 minutes, then replace him with Weso to help him get some match fitness. Repeat for a few games and see where it leads us. ;)

Spot on.

Would still rather have them playing alongside Williams than Hughes, but no-one knows how long he'll be out for... :(

And which winger scores goals?

We don't really have any goalscoring wingers which makes it more important for our wingers to be creative for our front men. Low has good crossing ability but for some reason yesterday all he did was lose the ball when trying to dribble past the whole team. JUST CROSS THE ****ER

I don't think Levi would be cut out to play centre mid. I like Tiatto playing there and Welsh playing on the left. Once Williams is back we might have a decent central midfield pairing.

Does anybody know how long he's out for?

I don't think Levi would be cut out to play centre mid. I like Tiatto playing there and Welsh playing on the left. Once Williams is back we might have a decent central midfield pairing.

Does anybody know how long he's out for?

Why's that?. If I were a winger or centre-forward at Leicester I cannot imagine anyone I'd sooner have as attacking midfielder. And if you saw how he dictated play for the reserves from last Christmas onwards, you might have considered him excellent in that role.

Indeed when Hammond, O'Grady and Dodds played they had a field day feeding off Porter's promptings.

My take on it is this: Tiatto's a bit of a Robbie Savage in central midfield - lots of running about but not quite enough solidity to be the holding midfielder and not enough quality on the ball to be the attacking one. So in the MON era we had Lennon holding, Izzet given licence to attack and Savage running around in the middle like a madman harassing the opposition and winning the ball for the likes of Lennon, Izzet and Guppy to create chances from. That's simplifying it but that was the general formula.

I'm not sure I'd be convinced by Tiatto in a holding role, I don't think he has the discipline or distribution to do it effectively. Of course, he's replaced Johnson in the middle so for now he looks like a worldbeater. I think he'd be found wanting on a longer-term basis. For now he's fine though and he won't be with us this time next year (as for Johnson, who knows...) so it's hopefully a case of grooming Weso to play in the holding role and in my opinion sign an effective attacking midfielder who we can rely on to stay fit, score goals and put in the effort week in week out (can you guess who I'm having a sly dig at here?) Of course 3-5-2 could solve a lot of problems but there's more chance of finding intelligent life in Coventry.

Although they're both a bit on the titchy side, Tiatto and Porter might work fairly well. I don't think it'll ever happen but I still could envisage it working - we look most dangerous going through the middle, setting our strikers running at opposition defenders or playing through balls beyond the last man for them to run on to (this suits Fryatt, Hume and Hammond - they will never attack crosses well enough to suit playing with flying wingers.) If Porter can live up to the hype then his direct attacking style and supposed brilliance at clever passing would be ideal.

We are effective enough at the moment but that's just how I think we can play to our strengths a bit more than relying on Welsh and Low to deliver non-existent crosses to non-existent targetmen because Tiatto and Hughes haven't got the quality to support the attack from central midfield.

My take on it is this: Tiatto's a bit of a Robbie Savage in central midfield - lots of running about but not quite enough solidity to be the holding midfielder and not enough quality on the ball to be the attacking one. So in the MON era we had Lennon holding, Izzet given licence to attack and Savage running around in the middle like a madman harassing the opposition and winning the ball for the likes of Lennon, Izzet and Guppy to create chances from. That's simplifying it but that was the general formula.

I'm not sure I'd be convinced by Tiatto in a holding role, I don't think he has the discipline or distribution to do it effectively. Of course, he's replaced Johnson in the middle so for now he looks like a worldbeater. I think he'd be found wanting on a longer-term basis. For now he's fine though and he won't be with us this time next year (as for Johnson, who knows...) so it's hopefully a case of grooming Weso to play in the holding role and in my opinion sign an effective attacking midfielder who we can rely on to stay fit, score goals and put in the effort week in week out (can you guess who I'm having a sly dig at here?) Of course 3-5-2 could solve a lot of problems but there's more chance of finding intelligent life in Coventry.

Although they're both a bit on the titchy side, Tiatto and Porter might work fairly well. I don't think it'll ever happen but I still could envisage it working - we look most dangerous going through the middle, setting our strikers running at opposition defenders or playing through balls beyond the last man for them to run on to (this suits Fryatt, Hume and Hammond - they will never attack crosses well enough to suit playing with flying wingers.) If Porter can live up to the hype then his direct attacking style and supposed brilliance at clever passing would be ideal.

We are effective enough at the moment but that's just how I think we can play to our strengths a bit more than relying on Welsh and Low to deliver non-existent crosses to non-existent targetmen because Tiatto and Hughes haven't got the quality to support the attack from central midfield.

Bremner and Giles were pretty small in Leeds old midfield and that side kept the ball so long sometimes they hypnotised the opposition and were able to walk the ball in. Awesome they were.

Archived