Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

What a Feeling.....

The anticipation must be coarsing through Rob Kelly's veins already and what a momentous day for him and the club.

Some might say he's got nothing to lose but we're better than that. But what he has got is one massive chance to write his own name, and, more importantly our club's name up in big blue and white lights across the nation once more.

To give notice that Leicester City are alive and well and heading again for something special.

Injuries or not Kelly's job is to make his small platoon of remaining fit men believe that they can win the battle and that they can do so in a style that does their skills justice.

I hope and trust that Kelly won't be cowed into a "hold on and pinch one" strategy. I trust that he'll believe in our ability to counter attack quickly and to go for the jugular not just once, but again and again.

I hope he'll load our team with the sort of players who can unlock any defence and then inspires them to do just that.

There can be no self-doubts. The manager and every player must believe they can win their personal battles and collectively that we can win the game. And every fan needs to shout themselves hoarse to help them.

We CAN do it. If football were about logic and form books no-one would bother watching. But it's not.

Football is about passion and emotion...and the fantasy of unlikely dreams actually coming true.

It's like having the balls to ask the most beautiful girl for a date, knowing that you've got two chances, and finding that by putting your emotions at risk you've somehow, wonderfully, landed the jackpot. We've got to have a go. We can't let this little beauty walk by!. :scarf::scarf::scarf:

The anticipation must be coarsing through Rob Kelly's veins already and what a momentous day for him and the club.

Some might say he's got nothing to lose but we're better than that. But what he has got is one massive chance to write his own name, and, more importantly our club's name up in big blue and white lights across the nation once more.

To give notice that Leicester City are alive and well and heading again for something special.

Injuries or not Kelly's job is to make his small platoon of remaining fit men believe that they can win the battle and that they can do so in a style that does their skills justice.

I hope and trust that Kelly won't be cowed into a "hold on and pinch one" strategy. I trust that he'll believe in our ability to counter attack quickly and to go for the jugular not just once, but again and again.

I hope he'll load our team with the sort of players who can unlock any defence and then inspires them to do just that.

There can be no self-doubts. The manager and every player must believe they can win their personal battles and collectively that we can win the game. And every fan needs to shout themselves hoarse to help them.

We CAN do it. If football were about logic and form books no-one would bother watching. But it's not.

Football is about passion and emotion...and the fantasy of unlikely dreams actually coming true.

It's like having the balls to ask the most beautiful girl for a date, knowing that you've got two chances, and finding that by putting your emotions at risk you've somehow, wonderfully, landed the jackpot. We've got to have a go. We can't let this little beauty walk by!. :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Agreed Thracian, it's a one off match, ultimately I would like city to play like a home side and give MON something to worry about!!! ANother good performance and win will do us a world of good for the league matches and bring back the fans!!

As far as i'm concerned, i'm not bothered about losing, but the performance, a good game will do city a world of good on and off the pitch!!!

Kelly will want this game wrapped up in 90 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for broke and try and batter Villa early on and see what happens. There won't be a Bolton or Blackburn style set-up like we had under Levein as that was to try and stifle the opposition and wear them down, but both of those games were very draining and the Bolton one led to extra-time. We don't want that to be honest, not with the injuries we already have and 2 important league games and winnable games coming up!

I know i shouldn't put a darkner on the game...

but i'm worried about agbonlahor v nils

If he seriously wants to play in the premiership again, he will need to do something amazing to cope with this.

I am actually quietly confident we can win this game, but we shall see. It's a must game in terms of going for broke, and if we're 2-0 down by 60 minutes, have youngsters on the bench and give them a run, we don't need any more injuries!!

And did those feet in ancient time

Walk upon Leicestershire's mountains green?

And was the holy Lamb of God

On Leicestershire's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine

Shine forth upon our clouded hills?

And was Jerusalem builded here

Among these dark Satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold:

Bring me my arrows of desire:

Bring me my spear: O clouds unfold!

Bring me my chariot of fire.

I will not cease from mental fight,

Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand

Till we have built Jerusalem

In Leicestershire's green and pleasant land.

We shouldn't even think about tomorrow

(I know, I know, I know.)

Sweet memories will last a long long time

(I know, I know, I know.)

We'll have a good time baby don't you worry

(I know, I know.)

And if we're still hangin' around well that's just fine.

Let's get excited,

(Look what you do to me,)

That we just can't hide it.

(You've got me burnin' up.)

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

I'm so excited,

(How did you get to me?)

I just can't hide it

(How bout you give it up?)

I know, I know, I know, I want you, I want you.

I want to love you, feel you,

Wrap myself around you.

I want to squeeze you, please you,

I just can't get enough.

And if you move real slow, I'll let it go

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it,

I know, I know, I know, I want to.

(I know, I know, I know, I want to.

I know, I know, I know, I want to.

I know, I know, I know, I want to.)

Archived