Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

I'm so proud

I think your being a little harsh maddam. :D

I do know what your saying I suppose. Villa showed more class in the final third, but so they should do. But when it came to defending and bossing the midfield we matched them pound for pound. The quality shown by Johan-Cryuff-Sson, Wesolowski, Stearman, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Henderson and Hume were there to be seen. Defending and attacking together.

One thing I have noticed this season is how we have improved on our set pieces. That's been a massive upturn for us.

:worship:

I thought all the lads were a credit to LCFC last night. We never gave up, even after we went 3-2 down.

The ref must have wanted to watch something on TV at around 10pm because he tried his hardest to not take the game to extra time!

I hope he taped Central Jobfinder last night because after his disgraceful performance yesterday he'll be on the look out for new employment.

I do know what your saying I suppose. Villa showed more class in the final third, but so they should do. But when it came to defending and bossing the midfield we matched them pound for pound. The quality shown by Johan-Cryuff-Sson, Wesolowski, Stearman, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Henderson and Hume were there to be seen. Defending and attacking together.

One thing I have noticed this season is how we have improved on our set pieces. That's been a massive upturn for us.

Perhaps.

I do feel a bit better now I've had a rant, I certainly thought we played well commitment wise, however I still question our tactics and the ability shown in the match. I suppose you could say it was our 3rd choice team, but I'm not sure I could see us playing differently if we'd had everyone fit, there was just something wrong...

Doesn't matter I suppose now, as the dream is over and it's back to the league, but if we play the same on Saturday I'm sure plenty of others won't be happy.

Perhaps.

I do feel a bit better now I've had a rant, I certainly thought we played well commitment wise, however I still question our tactics and the ability shown in the match. I suppose you could say it was our 3rd choice team, but I'm not sure I could see us playing differently if we'd had everyone fit, there was just something wrong...

Doesn't matter I suppose now, as the dream is over and it's back to the league, but if we play the same on Saturday I'm sure plenty of others won't be happy.

If we play like that we'll murder QPR imo. I don't see what more we could have done "tactically". Those are our players, like it or not, and they all gave 100% and spent all game trying to attack and trying to win.

If we play like that we'll murder QPR imo. I don't see what more we could have done "tactically". Those are our players, like it or not, and they all gave 100% and spent all game trying to attack and trying to win.

Agreed!!! It's a psychological\mental thing for me, if the team treats every match like a cup match, then we will be one of the most entertaining sides around!! Let's hope this isn't a one off performance but one that has awaken the spirit of the players, and like a drug get them hooked and the fans hooked!!!

But they didn't?

Most of the first half we sat back in our own half without even a player over the half-way line. How we managed to break away for the free kick which led to the goal I don't know.. And the 30 minutes extra time was all defending.

I'm complaining more than I mean to, I'm happy for the effort shown last night, I just thought that the quality wasn't there.

But they didn't?

Most of the first half we sat back in our own half without even a player over the half-way line. How we managed to break away for the free kick which led to the goal I don't know.. And the 30 minutes extra time was all defending.

I'm complaining more than I mean to, I'm happy for the effort shown last night, I just thought that the quality wasn't there.

There's a lot in what you say. I think in the end we were so knackered we settled for penalties. I think we always carried a one or two player handicap and it told eventually. But RK was short of options.

Yes, Odihambo showed some deft flicks and he did well to beat their right back towards the end, but he didn't show great control on numerous occassions. He does look talented, but as Ultra said (I think) there is a huge gulf between the academy and first-team football, and he did look outr of his depth yesterday. I do hope he gets his chance again though, because I'm sure he'll have increased confidence everytime he plays. :thumbup:

And yes, I did feel sorry for him as he didn't exactly receive any good passes. However, Iain Hume doesn't get that many good balls, most of his are head high, and he has to work hard to make something for himself.

I don't think Odi didn't work hard. It's just that you have to play to people's strengths. It's the great quality of MON.

Agreed in terms of delivery and timing. Still not enough cunning and variation.

Right I know this is later than everybody elses posts in this thread, but I hadn't had enough time to go through it since the game and to post here :)

Of everybody the players, the fans and the whole club, great night surely eclipses tottenham for sheer atmosphere and entertainment even though we lost. I've never been happy at a defeat but tonight I wasn't angry as usual I was just so proud of the whole club :cry:

Me too. Not angry - very disappointed at the time. But I've now had time to reflect on it and can honestly say that the result didn't anger me at all, the ref did but the scoreline didn't. It was cruel on our lads, but I couldn't have asked for more from them :cry::(

I went absolutely nuts when Kisnorbo scored and Hendo saved the peno.

As I stated somewhere else, I too went absolutely mental after both incidents. Everyone around me at the top of E3 were jumping up and down, singing and clapping, and I am now suffering from bruising and cuts on my shins!!! Well worth it though, quality scenes they were. I've seen the replays on SSN, and even the family stand were going crackers when Hendo saved that penalty!!

Like me and C-Man have just said, when the kop started clapping when they scored the winner, lump in your throat moment or what.

You said it :thumbup: I can honestly say that I carried the feeling of wanting to cry at a football match for the first time in a very long time (yes it was that hard for me to take!!). I couldn't bring meself to do it 'cos I was surrounded by so many people but what an emotional, amazing, highly brilliant and all-round respectful thing for our fans to do at the end for the lads, especially with all the Villa fans going nuts at the same time. I along with everybody else was extremely proud of the lads for how they battled, peformed and came so close. It's a shame that they couldn't see it through to penalties, but they should be pleased with their effort and should hold their heads well and truly high. Both the players and the fans did the club proud last night.

Agreed in terms of delivery and timing. Still not enough cunning and variation.

I know what you mean, but we've still scored alot more goals from set pieces this season than we did last season. And i'm pretty sure we've not conceded as many from set pieces as we did in the past few seasons, where it was a massive problem. I'm sure about 6 of our goals in league and cup have come from set pieces this season, which is pretty impressive. It's a big help when you are scoring from set pieces because we all know how hard we find it to open up teams during open play.

I know what you mean, but we've still scored alot more goals from set pieces this season than we did last season. And i'm pretty sure we've not conceded as many from set pieces as we did in the past few seasons, where it was a massive problem. I'm sure about 6 of our goals in league and cup have come from set pieces this season, which is pretty impressive. It's a big help when you are scoring from set pieces because we all know how hard we find it to open up teams during open play.

Especially when all our would-be playmakers are out injured..

Archived