Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

I'm so proud

Of everybody the players, the fans and the whole club, great night surely eclipses tottenham for sheer atmosphere and entertainment even though we lost. I've never been happy at a defeat but tonight I wasn't angry as usual I was just so proud of the whole club :cry:

Of everybody the players, the fans and the whole club, great night surely eclipses tottenham for sheer atmosphere and entertainment even though we lost. I've never been happy at a defeat but tonight I wasn't angry as usual I was just so proud of the whole club :cry:

exactly how i feel :(:)

Know how you feel. So gutted at how we lost but they gave their all and I actually came away from the ground respecting them tonight - not often i can say that!

Like me and C-Man have just said, when the kop started clapping when they scored the winner, lump in your throat moment or what.

takes real fans to do that, real fans which we had tonight the whole chant swepth through to K and it was actually really emotional singing that and at the same time seeing the villa fan who i had previously had a go at going mental about 10 seats next to me :cry:

Although we lost in the cruellest of circumstances, the spirit on and off the field was as good as I've seen for a VERY long time. :thumbup:

Credit must go to Rob Kelly and the team for running Villa so close. I hope the snipers will stand down their arms for at least the next few days.

What would have happened if we'd been able to hold on that extra minute for the shoot out? They would have been extremely nervous..

Let's hope we are able to recover in time for Saturday, and take that form to QPR!

You'd have been bloody angry if you'd been out there and worked yourself to a standstill through 90 minutes and extra time only to have one of your team-mates commit professional suicide right at the death and so sodding unnecessarily.

You'd have been bloody angry if you'd been out there and worked yourself to a standstill through 90 minutes and extra time only to have one of your team-mates commit professional suicide right at the death and so sodding unnecessarily.

y

Thracian, put the bottle down and go to bed...you are embarrassing yourself.

Everyone should be deeply proud of what we achieved tonight, and it seems we all are except for you. It takes a team to win a game, it takes a team to play two hours in a cup tie and we lose as a team.

Stop pissing into the tent.

Well said Ultra.

When was the last time people have been this gutted ater a defeat?

This for me is on comparison with the Spurs league cup final defeat.

I'm not actually THAT gutted.

I was inconsolable for hours after we lost to Spurs, when we lost a game we really should have won (MON for once got his tactics badly wrong that day).

Tonight no-one could have expected us to win, especially with so many first-choice players missing. That we ran a quality side (and potential cup winners) so close is a tribute to Rob Kelly and his players.

We should be handing plaudits to them rather than seeking to crucify Low, which serves no purpose whatsoever.

Oh FFS, next you'll be saying Low made the mistake on purpose... :angry:

You should show a little more humility. Odihambo's performance last night clearly showed the gulf between Academy and first-team football, a gulf you've been pretending for a long time does not exist.

Oh FFS, next you'll be saying Low made the mistake on purpose... :angry:

You should show a little more humility. Odihambo's performance last night clearly showed the gulf between Academy and first-team football, a gulf you've been pretending for a long time does not exist.

No-one suggested or implied that Low did anything wrong on purpose.

As for Odihambo the thread seems to have disappeared but he was the only player who beat their right back all game and if City had Villa's aerial strength and their seven men attacking the box, we'd have won the match with his resulting cross from that attack.

He also showed a couple of other deft touches but it was also plainly clear that he needs the ball to feet, he needs good close support and he needs to be familiar with the play of people around him (as Hume did, for instance, when he first arrived).

Those balls to feet and close support didn't happen because Hume and the support players were knackered by the time Odihambo came on and could only hammer hopeful balls into his general direction in the main.

Had Kelly taken different people off it might have been easier to maintain a flow but the exhaustion was obvious.

Another thing is that Odihambo looked unsure of himself on his debut for the Academy but he soon learned and he'll do the same after this. I imagine I've seen him a lot more than you and maybe that's the reason I've got a lot more faith in him that you seem to have.

Agree with you there. What a complete and utter fool.

What else can I say... SO PROUD, SO VERY VERY PROUD, on the back of my seat at work today is my leicester city jersey.... :D :D

I am so happy to see the boys play with such heart and passion, sure we lost but TBH, I am not too disappointed as it was always going to be a tough time against an EPL Side, especially an inform one in Villa.

HOWEVER we almost won... and we kept coming back like we have in recent games. Kisnorbo was fantastic today, and Weso has to stay in the side... I am also so happy to see Stearman work so well with him or so I saw from the highlights on TV.

Rob Kelly take a bow... you have turned a team that we all thought were headed on a road to nowhere, into a pride driven side that is lighting up the sky in the Foxes Torch... I am sure now all the naysayers will have to get off your back... and we supporters and celebrate in your success.

SO PROUD OF MY SIDE TODAY, SO VERY VERY PROUD... you may have lost the game, but you have lost nothing in my eyes and I am sure in any of football fans eyes either.

I don't actually mind we lost last night, I was one of those applauding the players off the pitch because they gave it a hell of a go - and it's been a long time since we've since City with that playing attitude/mentality - and that was one of the things I loved about this club - the workrate. Last night the boys turned in an overall excellent performance and personally I don't want to go crucifing anyone, why? Because I saw an excellent game of football last night and the sort of City performance and effort that makes me proud to wear the shirt.

i missed the game and missed the entire commentary due to a stupid football match that got delayed. my mother keeps ranting this morning about how proud everyone was of the players to play with such passion and determination, sounds like they actually played for the club in the "foxes never quit" manner

VERY VERY proud of the lads today

Archived