Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

I'm so proud

As for Odihambo the thread seems to have disappeared but he was the only player who beat their right back all game

You mean apart from Welsh for the first 45 minutes!

it was also plainly clear that he needs the ball to feet

It was plainly clear to me his control was shit on about 4 occasions when the ball went directly to feet.

It was the lads first game so people shouldn't be to critical. But it was pretty obvious to everyone, that the gap is wider between youth and first team than you'd have us believe.

The problem Odihambo had was no one put in a decent pass to him all the time he was on the pitch. Everyone was badly directed or badly paced, I felt really sorry for the guy.

You mean apart from Welsh for the first 45 minutes!

It was plainly clear to me his control was shit on about 4 occasions when the ball went directly to feet.

It was the lads first game so people shouldn't be to critical. But it was pretty obvious to everyone, that the gap is wider between youth and first team than you'd have us believe.

youth team to playing premiership opposition who are near impossible to beat......even wider still!

Although we lost in the cruellest of circumstances, the spirit on and off the field was as good as I've seen for a VERY long time. :thumbup:

Credit must go to Rob Kelly and the team for running Villa so close. I hope the snipers will stand down their arms for at least the next few days.

What would have happened if we'd been able to hold on that extra minute for the shoot out? They would have been extremely nervous..

Let's hope we are able to recover in time for Saturday, and take that form to QPR!

Got to say I am a bit bored of your Holier than thou attitude, you seem the sort of person who gets sooooo much pleasure out of saying "I told you so"

Everyone of us is pleased that we are doing better now, and the reason is because Kelly is playing more positive attacking football...

Now just LEAVE IT! :yawn:

so gutted but the feeling of proudness has over taken the feeling of loss!

the crowd tonight was fantastic and this showed coz the passion we have for the club passed onto the pitch and every player out there tonight played with the same passion that the fans all posess!

felt extremly proud 2 be a city fan last night!

if we do that every game this season we have no reason not to be top 6!!!

y

Thracian, put the bottle down and go to bed...you are embarrassing yourself.

Everyone should be deeply proud of what we achieved tonight, and it seems we all are except for you. It takes a team to win a game, it takes a team to play two hours in a cup tie and we lose as a team.

Stop pissing into the tent.

Beautiful. Good work.

The problem Odihambo had was no one put in a decent pass to him all the time he was on the pitch. Everyone was badly directed or badly paced, I felt really sorry for the guy.

I noticed that, very frustrating. Showed signs of talent, pleased for him.

Very very gutted at the end, especially as after Hendersons penalty save I believed that our name was already in the hat for the next round, sadly I forgot an O'Neill side never gives up. The atmosphere from the whole ground (minus the villa section) was first class and a credit to the club, the players showed unbelievable effort and class, I'm finding it hard to believe people are picking fault with certain players, each and every one of them out there last night deserves praise for not giving in. Those knitpickers who feel the performance wasnt to their liking may be thinking about supporting another team, because we outplayed a premiership side last night. Sadly the ending was cruel but thats football.

Spot on - by the time he came on everyone to too tired to pass or to support. No wonder so many youngsters fail to break through if they are the victims of such ill considered criticism.

Yet bring someone like Sylla in from Scotland or Low from Northampton and they can underperform for months and still have people stating a case for them.

If Kelly had taken Sylla off and never used Low. Kept Welsh on as the only winger and used Hume, Hammond and Odihambo in closer proximity, the workload would have been better shared and we might have broken through by passing to feet through the centre.

I only say might but we needed a second option, as we did against Palace, and, after 70 minutes of non-stop effort our front two need some closer assistance.

As it is, Odihambo gets slagged. He scores goal after goal in the Academy not just because of the level but because of the close passing and the volume of support. I would love Leicester to field the sort of midfield mentioned of Gradel, Weso, Stearman, Porter/Welsh because the support would be there then.

But, instead, Odi gets fed long, hopeful inaccurate nothing balls instead of the sort of passes and close support which would play to his strengths. And who gets criticised? Not the passers. But the poor bloke who had no chance of reaching them.

I had to make do with keeping up with the score on WAP last night. I am so proud though as its the first time in a long time that I can say that we stand for a team that doesnt give up, and a team that has passion and desire to win. I sincerely hope that this is not a one off as the Spurs game was.

To me it doesnt matter that we lost - albeit in a cruel manner - what matters is the attitude and the atmosphere, and the mentality.

We are back.

As for Odihambo the thread seems to have disappeared but he was the only player who beat their right back all game and if City had Villa's aerial strength and their seven men attacking the box, we'd have won the match with his resulting cross from that attack.

He also showed a couple of other deft touches but it was also plainly clear that he needs the ball to feet, he needs good close support and he needs to be familiar with the play of people around him (as Hume did, for instance, when he first arrived).

Those balls to feet and close support didn't happen because Hume and the support players were knackered by the time Odihambo came on and could only hammer hopeful balls into his general direction in the main.

Had Kelly taken different people off it might have been easier to maintain a flow but the exhaustion was obvious.

Another thing is that Odihambo looked unsure of himself on his debut for the Academy but he soon learned and he'll do the same after this. I imagine I've seen him a lot more than you and maybe that's the reason I've got a lot more faith in him that you seem to have.

Yes, Odihambo showed some deft flicks and he did well to beat their right back towards the end, but he didn't show great control on numerous occassions. He does look talented, but as Ultra said (I think) there is a huge gulf between the academy and first-team football, and he did look outr of his depth yesterday. I do hope he gets his chance again though, because I'm sure he'll have increased confidence everytime he plays. :thumbup:

And yes, I did feel sorry for him as he didn't exactly receive any good passes. However, Iain Hume doesn't get that many good balls, most of his are head high, and he has to work hard to make something for himself.

Spot on - by the time he came on everyone to too tired to pass or to support. No wonder so many youngsters fail to break through if they are the victims of such ill considered criticism.

Yet bring someone like Sylla in from Scotland or Low from Northampton and they can underperform for months and still have people stating a case for them.

If Kelly had taken Sylla off and never used Low. Kept Welsh on as the only winger and used Hume, Hammond and Odihambo in closer proximity, the workload would have been better shared and we might have broken through by passing to feet through the centre.

I only say might but we needed a second option, as we did against Palace, and, after 70 minutes of non-stop effort our front two need some closer assistance.

As it is, Odihambo gets slagged. He scores goal after goal in the Academy not just because of the level but because of the close passing and the volume of support. I would love Leicester to field the sort of midfield mentioned of Gradel, Weso, Stearman, Porter/Welsh because the support would be there then.

But, instead, Odi gets fed long, hopeful inaccurate nothing balls instead of the sort of passes and close support which would play to his strengths. And who gets criticised? Not the passers. But the poor bloke who had no chance of reaching them.

Oh for god sake. Nobody has slagged Odihambo off that I can see. He got a massive cheer when he came on and was encouraged every time he got the ball. If a few on here have said he looked nervous and possibly out of his depth then i'd hardly call that unfair criticism. I thought he grew in to his role and with the right sort of coaching and better support play he wouldn't let us down in the future. Just be happy to see the youngsters getting a chance, that's another who's been given invaluable experience and another bench mark for the academy to keep pushing on. I'm upset Gradel didn't make the 16. I'm sure he was set to make it aswell, not sure what happened. But anyway, if they keep playing the way thay have done for the academy they will get their chance. Other fans probably can't say the same at their clubs.

All heart, no quality...

To be honest I feel ambivalent about last night's game. The sense of being proud is certainly there, as there was plenty of effort put in, but for 90% of the match we were dire to watch, especially in the first half when we sat behind the half-way line for about half an hour. Therefore rather than feeling proud I feel despondent today. Look at how far away we are from being a good team...

However, good atmosphere...

As predicted I had Villa fans sitting behind me, which was irritating until the father managed to convince his son that Villa were playing in blue and the kid didn't suspect anything was wrong until 1/2 hour later.

At 1-0 We could have crumbled, we had played as the better side up until then and then a killer blow. But the way we responded TWICE was a testament to our players and a bit to do with the fans backing too.

However no matter what anyone says, I wish Low never puts on a Leicester Shirt EVER AGAIN. **** TOSSER :mad:

I'm so proud our team has found that spirit again. Also heard a rumour last night that the cluub got a call for Weso for an U20s Asian qualifying for 3 plus weeks at the end of the month in Asia, with a view that if he went he would more than likely get rewarded with his first senior Aus cap vs Ghana in November. Someone said he basically told them to take a jump as he had a loyality to City first, as he had hardly played for them in the last year n a half. Some say Aus Soccer is a bit peeved. But boy am I glad we have that spirit around here again. May he always do well and stay injury free for doing that. And please Rob play only players who really want to play for us and are having fun while they do so.

I thought all the lads were a credit to LCFC last night. We never gave up, even after we went 3-2 down.

The ref must have wanted to watch something on TV at around 10pm because he tried his hardest to not take the game to extra time!

All heart, no quality...

To be honest I feel ambivalent about last night's game. The sense of being proud is certainly there, as there was plenty of effort put in, but for 90% of the match we were dire to watch, especially in the first half when we sat behind the half-way line for about half an hour. Therefore rather than feeling proud I feel despondent today. Look at how far away we are from being a good team...

However, good atmosphere...

As predicted I had Villa fans sitting behind me, which was irritating until the father managed to convince his son that Villa were playing in blue and the kid didn't suspect anything was wrong until 1/2 hour later.

I think your being a little harsh maddam. :D

I do know what your saying I suppose. Villa showed more class in the final third, but so they should do. But when it came to defending and bossing the midfield we matched them pound for pound. The quality shown by Johan-Cryuff-Sson, Wesolowski, Stearman, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Henderson and Hume were there to be seen. Defending and attacking together.

One thing I have noticed this season is how we have improved on our set pieces. That's been a massive upturn for us.

Archived