Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Josh Low......

He must have sustained some kind of form to get in the team of the year!

Whilst he is not my favourite player give the man a break. He made a f**king mistake! We all do! I'm sure he didn't mean to hoof it back into the box and given the oportunity again would probably leave the ball for Henderson!

F**ks sake let it drop! It's gone, he's here, get on with it or f**k off and watch Forest!

I wouldn't hold your breath for sustained periods of brilliance if I were you. There are reasons he's played most of his football in the lower divisions, one being that he's not that good, two being he can never sustain decent from.

Didn't a certain Matt Elliott play in the lower leagues for many years before O'Neill bought him?. As did Claridge.

Didn't a certain Matt Elliott play in the lower leagues for many years before O'Neill bought him?. As did Claridge.

But they did the business and actually gave the fans reason to like them. Low has done the opposite so far.

I'm sure by now people know I think Josh Low is the tits :thumbup:

He did start off well. His crosses weren't amazing, but I remember a lot of people commenting that we were getting a lot better from him than what we'd had in recent matches.

Fact is he can cross and does so frequently, and it's got us a goal (and won us a game) on one occasion recently. His weakness appears to be in tackling - maybe it's a confidence issue, who knows. Cobblers fans said on his 'good days' he was great, which shows that the skill is there, but how to bring it out?

Whatever his failures, he's there because we need him there. Even though he's adaptable to play other positions, Northampton fans talk about negative experiences when he's played out of position and we saw such a display against Villa.

His skill will grow with the club. Give him a chance, he's not a writeoff yet.

Mate, I like you. Really I do. But you will be proven wrong about Josh Low. Just warning you now. I've seen him about 30 times over the last 3 seasons. His good days for the Cobblers were against teams like Macclesfield and Bury. He's not good enough for where we are and he's not good enough for where we want to be.

:rolleyes: There's always one. Although if you want to argue for arguments sake I'm always willing.

If I was Matt Elliott or Steve Claridge I'd want a apology off you for comparing them to Josh low.

And before you say something along the lines of ":rolleyes: I wasn't comparing them, my point was that not all lower division players aren't up to Championship standard" I did not say that :rolleyes: I said there were REASONS why JOSH LOW had spent years in DIVISION THREE. A very specific case not related to either Matt Elliott or Steve Claridge. :rolleyes:

In any case Clardige had a decent scoring record at our level (Div 1 at the time) when he was purchased, and Matt Elliott also played at Division one and two level before we signed him for 1.6 million pounds.

The two don't compare to our Free signing from Northampton, who used to play for Farborough Town.

Archived