Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

QPR Match Thread

Just got back from the game.

We were shocking today. Only Kisnorbo, Mcauley and Hume stood out in our team today.

Good Goal by Kisnorbo.

We were at the other end to the penalty, but no one around me saw the hand ball.

Welsh was awful today, and Kenton was playing so badly that Stearman and Maybury when he came on were constantly covering for Kenton drifting away from his man and into central defence. Then when he did have a tackle to make he wasnt any good.

Even not taking the sending off the officials were diabolical today - in the second half the ref lost his grip on the game and was persistently letting free kicks to be taken 15 yards from the infringment.

Was extremely angry with the ref today - nothing went our way - and an horrific challenge on Weso was very lucky not to seriously injure him

When we were down to 10 men we had no composure at all and any tactics we may have been aiming for went entirely to pot - all the passes went astray. Fryatt was very very poor when he came on, and he put a simple 6 yard shot weakly straight at the keeper.

People rave about the guy but I am starting to lose my patience with Fryatt.

Angry and dissappointed. QPR were crap and we really should have taken all 3. Based on todays performance we are still a long way from being good enough for the playoffs IMHO. :angry:

Didn't go to the game and only caught the first half commentary, but I understand it to be a point gained and not two dropped, 'cos we were never good enough for all 3 today from what I can make out. Not going to complain though - we haven't lost and we're unbeaten in 7 in the league now. We are also traditionally very bad against QPR at Loftus Road so it isn't all doom and gloom. Bring on Stoke :P:devil:

P.S. Can anybody tell me how bad the Gareth McAuley handball was? I mean, was he imitating a goalkeeper or anything lol?? (lookwhaticando, can you defend him for this?)

Didn't go to the game and only caught the first half commentary, but I understand it to be a point gained and not two dropped, 'cos we were never good enough for all 3 today from what I can make out. Not going to complain though - we haven't lost and we're unbeaten in 7 in the league now. We are also traditionally very bad against QPR at Loftus Road so it isn't all doom and gloom. Bring on Stoke :P:devil:

P.S. Can anybody tell me how bad the Gareth McAuley handball was? I mean, was he imitating a goalkeeper or anything lol?? (lookwhaticando, can you defend him for this?)

I'd like to, but haven't seen the incident myself.

Come Monday morning though I shall set my stall out if appropriate. :thumbup:

I do hope it's a poor call, but there's not a lot one can say if it was clearly intentional. Even I couldn't defend him for it if he's stopped the ball deliberately. Still, it's only a small blot on his record so far (and it is his first red card in his time in the Football League) ;)

I'd like to, but haven't seen the incident myself.

Come Monday morning though I shall set my stall out if appropriate. :thumbup:

I do hope it's a poor call, but there's not a lot one can say if it was clearly intentional. Even I couldn't defend him for it if he's stopped the ball deliberately. Still, it's only a small blot on his record so far (and it is his first red card in his time in the Football League) ;)

lol I'll have to wait to see it on SSN later or Goals on Sunday tomorrow before I can comment on it. When I first read it, I couldn't help but laugh, I just had visions of him flying to his left like a goalkeeper and palming the ball away. We'll just have to wait and see. Based on referees we've had just lately though, you'd have to wonder if it was indeed a dubious call and that there would definitely be grounds for an appeal :yesyes: Isn't it only a one match suspension??

lol I'll have to wait to see it on SSN later or Goals on Sunday tomorrow before I can comment on it. When I first read it, I couldn't help but laugh, I just had visions of him flying to his left like a goalkeeper and palming the ball away. We'll just have to wait and see. Based on referees we've had just lately though, you'd have to wonder if it was indeed a dubious call and that there would definitely be grounds for an appeal :yesyes: Isn't it only a one match suspension??

First game l've seen in a while and in truth we were poor, but with so many players out and recovering from a tough extra time game on Tuesday perhaps it's understandable. However with fresh eyes the following were desperately poor....Kenton... constantly out of position, off the pace and skinned continually by their excellent winger (what was his name...sign him!) Weslowski and Stearman, game went on around them. In defence the effort following the sending off was admirable. However l'd forgotten how poor modern championship football is...where's the class?

Archived