Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Terry the Terror

Craig Levein

Did Levein always play a 4-4-2 with you guys? We're kinds screwed because we dont have a decent right back.

not all of the time but yes most of the time my friend

For the most part, as timmins said... a 4-4-2 was used.

Beware the iffy, occasional 4-5-1 formation when playing away from home! :o

Did Levein always play a 4-4-2 with you guys? We're kinds screwed because we dont have a decent right back.

Maybury then........

Levein is a very average manager, but might do just enough for you.

The likes of Douglas, Sylla and Big Mark will be good for you!

If you are lucky you might get to see the talent that is Joe Hamill too. :thumbup:

We've seen the iffy 4-5-1 quite a lot recently....

If your ex-manager used 4-5-1, CL may follow suit from time to time because it'd suggest that's the system most appropriate to your playing staff. :blink:

With a bit of cash I'm sure Craig would get some players in to allow a 4-4-2 to be used effectively.

A little-and-large combo up front can be mighty effective in a 4-4-2 system. De Vries and Hammond could be yours, if the price is right. :cool:

Mark Kerr had loads of 20s. I always bought him.

Alan Archibald sounds like an ageing English stage actor.

Lets not talk him out of it Fez, they're willing to take Douglas, Sylla and De Vries off of us for an actor and a great FM aquisition. I think we should do it for sure :cool:

Maybury then........

If you are lucky you might get to see the talent that is Joe Hamill too. :thumbup:

They'd have to prise him away from Livingstone first. ;)

Maybury then........

Do you have Joe Hamill? I always quite liked him. He was from Motherwell was he not?

Yeah, I think he works in Woolworths now. If you can match £5.65 an hour though, you've probably got him.

He sure does stack a mean shelf. Incidentally, I own a Dundee United scarf, purchased from your club shop before the first game of the 2000/01 season. Went to MON's first game in charge of Celtic. :thumbup:

Was a bizarre experience actually. At one point all the Dundee United fans took off one of their shoes, waved them in the air and started singing "you've only got one shoe" at the Celtic fans. I presumed it was some religious bollocks but a Celtic fan I know has since told me you've sung it ever since a Celtic player's boot came off in a match between the two teams. Now I know Scottish football may not be La Liga but surely there are more exciting things to sing about than that?

He also has extensive contacts in England and abroad and these will be important as we look to strengthen the squad in the next transfer window.
from the Dundee Utd site

I think sylla, hughes and douglas might be on there way back to Scotland.

Maybury is probably too good for Dundee and there is no way he will go there after the Sunderland interest.

He can have Sylla, Hughes and Douglas for 200k total. Bargain.

As for Maybury, we need to sell him to Sunderland - the money will be better. :cool:

Looker, I've already offered them Douglas, Sylla and MDV. They accepted and offered a great FM aquisition and an ageing English Actor!! What a deal mate, don't try and put them off now :o:glare:

Looker, I've already offered them Douglas, Sylla and MDV. They accepted and offered a great FM aquisition and an ageing English Actor!! What a deal mate, don't try and put them off now :o:glare:

Sorry, I'll behave. You must be the new Director of Football in the Mandaric future. :ph34r:

Yeah. Just the sort of thing you'd do if you'd been sacked. Re-sign some of the players who made it happen. :whistle::whistle:

MDV and Douglas were sound enough for the SPL - why wouldn't he?

Just because they're w/nk in our league, doesn't mean they're not useful in theirs... :whistle:

Levein threw cash around quite freely when you look back at it. He said himself that he enquired about Hughes on loan but when he found out that he could sign him permanently, he went for it. He bought Elvis when he was still on loan until January using some of the Connolly money. I'm pretty sure Levein will have spent every penny he was given in an attempt to salvage our season. Fryatt being the final buy to try and fire us up the table. I can't imagine him admitting he was wrong about anything either even if he did keep some money in reserve.

Still the point remains. He had 1 and a half seasons to get us back in the Premiership before the money stopped. I think he tried to change the squad around too quickly and they never gelled. If he'd bought younger players in slowly and mixed them with some of the players we had at the end of 2004/05 I think the 2005/06 season would've been more productive. He got rid of players which looking back would probably have done a decent job for us. Jordan Stewart wasn't the most loved player at Leicester but have we ever replaced him with someone of equal abilty or greater ability?

How could he, his prime objectives were to reduce the budget significantly and quickly, which meant off-loading anyone he could, which he did and keeping us in the Championship which he looked like he was failing to do.

Yeah. Just the sort of thing you'd do if you'd been sacked. Re-sign some of the players who made it happen. :whistle::whistle:

To be fair, most of them would do a good job in the SPL, it is where they earned the reputations they have failed to live up to down here. :D All the players CL bought down have all played for teams pushing for European places or titles in the SPL.

And I know about Greg Cameron because he's played nearly every game for you Terry :D.

Sorry, I'll behave. You must be the new Director of Football in the Mandaric future. :ph34r:

MDV and Douglas were sound enough for the SPL - why wouldn't he?

Just because they're w/nk in our league, doesn't mean they're not useful in theirs... :whistle:

I will be. And you'll take over as manager from RK as well :ph34r::whistle:

MDV, Douglas and Sylla were all very very good in the SPL, they'd be great additions for CL at his new post, and who knows, they may even win him some trophies :pinch:

Archived