Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Back Four / Three

The situation hasn't arisen yet but what does Rob Kelly do when Paddy Mac, Paddy Kis, and Gareth Mac are all fit and readily available???

Does he convert to a 3-5-2 or sacrifice one and stick with 4-4-2?

He obviously sacrifices one. Most likely McAuley. And if 2 of them are unavailable he'll just move Kenton, Nissa or Stearman in the middle...

Bottom line, he'll stick with 4-4-2

He obviously sacrifices one. Most likely McAuley.

Agree with the whole lot (left the bit about moving someone into the middle, 'cos it'll always be 4-4-2). Paddy Mac being the skipper and Paddy Kis being the deputy skipper, they will both be playing if fit, no doubt about it. McAuley will definitely give Kelly a selection headache though, as his performances just lately have been just as good if not better than Paddy Macs :)

He obviously sacrifices one. Most likely McAuley. And if 2 of them are unavailable he'll just move Kenton, Nissa or Stearman in the middle...

I disagree on performances this season I'd say we should stick with Kish and Gary Mac, Paddy Mac seems reckless at times....

Agree with the whole lot (left the bit about moving someone into the middle, 'cos it'll always be 4-4-2).

Was just predicting what he'd do if 2 of our 3 main centerbacks are unavailable. Most likely he'd put Kenton in the middle and put Stears or Maybs at rightback

I disagree on performances this season I'd say we should stick with Kish and Gary Mac, Paddy Mac seems reckless at times....

Well I'm just telling you what RK would most likely do. Paddy K's a certain starter, and Paddy M is the club captain which goes a long way in the team selection process. McAuley will often pick the shortest straw.

Was just predicting what he'd do if 2 of our 3 main centerbacks are unavailable. Most likely he'd put Kenton in the middle and put Stears or Maybs at rightback

Well I'm just telling you what RK would most likely do. Paddy K's a certain starter, and Paddy M is the club captain which goes a long way in the team selection process. McAuley will often pick the shortest straw.

You talk a lot of sense. I like it. And again I agree with what you're saying.

Stears will definitely play, and so will Kenton, so I see him playing Stearmonkey right back and Kenton centre back, just as you say. It has happened before, and it wouldn't suprise me to see it happen again if our hand was forced like that.

Whilst Big Mac is the club captain, he'll play when he's fit and available, and when Kisnorboooooo is playing as well as his current form suggests, he will not be dropped from the side anyway. Harsh on McAuley but that's life at our club. He'll get many more chances and should keep his head up, because apart from the handball, he has rarely put a foot wrong :)

(lwicd, 5-3-2 is not the answer, just as Gareth McAuley still is NOT the answer to our problems at this present time :P )

You talk a lot of sense. I like it. And again I agree with what you're saying.

Stears will definitely play, and so will Kenton, so I see him playing Stearmonkey right back and Kenton centre back, just as you say. It has happened before, and it wouldn't suprise me to see it happen again if our hand was forced like that.

Whilst Big Mac is the club captain, he'll play when he's fit and available, and when Kisnorboooooo is playing as well as his current form suggests, he will not be dropped from the side anyway. Harsh on McAuley but that's life at our club. He'll get many more chances and should keep his head up, because apart from the handball, he has rarely put a foot wrong :)

(lwicd, 5-3-2 is not the answer, just as Gareth McAuley still is NOT the answer to our problems at this present time :P )

You seemed to have overlooked Nissa. Kelly loves him too. Last two games TBF he's not put a foot wrong but for me he is shaky in general. Y Kelly persists with Nissa 'I want a move to a big club' Johannsen and Danny Tiatto is beyond me.

Tiatto = Liability

You seemed to have overlooked Nissa. Kelly loves him too. Last two games TBF he's not put a foot wrong but for me he is shaky in general. Y Kelly persists with Nissa 'I want a move to a big club' Johannsen and Danny Tiatto is beyond me.

Tiatto = Liability

I haven't overlooked Nils once. He's our left back not a centre back for us, and so he will stay at LB until we reach crisis point :)

As for the reason Kelly persists with those two, I think you need to look no further than Thracian's " Chosen Men " theory :whistle:

I haven't overlooked Nils once. He's our left back not a centre back for us, and so he will stay at LB until we reach crisis point :)

As for the reason Kelly persists with those two, I think you need to look no further than Thracian's " Chosen Men " theory :whistle:

My mistake, I just re-read through your post. It was a scenario if 2 out of 3 centre halves were out.... Ohhh I get it!!! Der :blush:

But still, Tiatto is pants.... as is A J too...

My mistake, I just re-read through your post. It was a scenario if 2 out of 3 centre halves were out.... Ohhh I get it!!! Der :blush:

But still, Tiatto is pants.... as is A J too...

lol no worries, mis-reading posts is common place on here and people often go off on tangents, as do certain threads **About Mandaric** :whistle:

Tiatto is average for us, but Johnson, Douglas, Nils (up until recently), Sylla, MDV, Low and Maybury quite often are quite poor. Anybody coming in for any of the said players (maybe except Nils if he maintains current form) would be most welcome to them ;):thumbup:

We won't know until we try.

5-3-2 and a McAuley in every position on the pitch, I mean. :whistle:

:thumbsup:

Do not let cisono see that. She will be immensely disappointed and feel betrayed :ph34r:

RK won't try it though as it isn't the secure and trusty 4-4-2 we know and love, and if he does there will be many people gunning for him for being all the more defensive and negative :whistle:

Do not let cisono see that. She will be immensely disappointed and feel betrayed :ph34r:

RK won't try it though as it isn't the secure and trusty 4-4-2 we know and love, and if he does there will be many people gunning for him for being all the more defensive and negative :whistle:

There's nowt wrong with a 5-3-2 done properly.

What I mean is, proper attacking RB/LB, ditching the dross in the middle and replacing them with attacking dynamos like King and Porter either side of Wesolowski, and a pair of supercool natural finishers up front - Hume and Fryatt or Hume and Dodds.

Brilliant. :cool:

There's nowt wrong with a 5-3-2 done properly.

What I mean is, proper attacking RB/LB, ditching the dross in the middle and replacing them with attacking dynamos like King and Porter either side of Wesolowski, and a pair of supercool natural finishers up front - Hume and Fryatt or Hume and Dodds.

Brilliant. :cool:

I like your style lookydoodle, it is very attack minded and shows the sort of progression that everybody would love to see at our club. Ever though of contacting Meeeeelan and applying for the manager's post under his regime?!?!

I like your style lookydoodle, it is very attack minded and shows the sort of progression that everybody would love to see at our club. Ever though of contacting Meeeeelan and applying for the manager's post under his regime?!?!

I'm already in bed with him. :ph34r:

Metaphorically speaking. :whistle:

Although not a left back, (naturally) Nils is our best player to play there, the last few games he has been awesome, it'd be very harsh if he was dropped.

But say Nils is dropped and we have a full squad

-------------------------------Logan

-------McCarthy------------Kisnorbo------------Mcauley

-----------------------Stearman-----Weso---------------

-------------Hughes---------Williams--------Porter------

----------------------Fryatt------------Hume-------------

Although not a left back, (naturally) Nils is our best player to play there, the last few games he has been awesome, it'd be very harsh if he was dropped.

That's not a bad idea. With Stearman and Weso holding the midfield, it gives the forward five license to wander around and press forwards. Shame Hughes is one of those players, I don't think he's the right player for that type of midfield. Perhaps Welsh on the left, Porter moves into the middle and Williams more towards the right.

Not my idea of fun for lots of reasons. Sooner or later Kelly's going to have to make a choice at centre-back, unless he employs some sort of rotation system, which might have good aspects and bad..

That's not a bad idea. With Stearman and Weso holding the midfield, it gives the forward five license to wander around and press forwards. Shame Hughes is one of those players, I don't think he's the right player for that type of midfield. Perhaps Welsh on the left, Porter moves into the middle and Williams more towards the right.

Yes, good point i actually forgot about Welsh Tbh. But i'm not so sure Porter is cut out to be a dead centre midfielder yet.

Not my idea of fun for lots of reasons. Sooner or later Kelly's going to have to make a choice at centre-back, unless he employs some sort of rotation system, which might have good aspects and bad..

Well we all know McCarthy and Kisnorbo are our first choice centre backs for reason being Paddy is the captain and Kisnorbo is the best defender we have, if Mcauley is playing well and Kelly can't drop him, this would be the way forward!! :thumbup:

I like the old 5-3-2 myself!

--------------------------------Logan----------------------------

-----------McCarthy---------McAuley----------Kisnorbo------

Stearman-------------------------------------------------Tiatto

----------------------------Weso/Johnson----------------------

-----------Hughes/Weso-------------Williams/Welsh---------

--------------------Fryatt---------------Hume------------------

I like the old 5-3-2 myself!

--------------------------------Logan----------------------------

-----------McCarthy---------McAuley----------Kisnorbo------

Stearman-------------------------------------------------Tiatto

----------------------------Weso/Johnson----------------------

-----------Hughes/Weso-------------Williams/Welsh---------

--------------------Fryatt---------------Hume------------------

Certainly, I think the use of thirteen players would cause the oppo some problems...but how will we get them all onto the pitch? Trap doors?

trapdoor%202.jpg

Archived