Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Not so Keen on MM thread

1. Alan Perrin

2. Velimir Zajec

Some may say Mandaric has got what he deserved after effectively forcing Redknapp's hand by bringing in Velimir Zajec as executive director to oversee transfers.

Zajec, who took charge of team affairs until Perrin's appointment in April, did not even last 12 months and Mandaric has ripped the heart out of the club he was determined to take "to the next level".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...25/sfnper25.xml

Not so keen on asset stripping!, maybe its just me but hey its worth taking note of basic judgements for his staff. :ph34r:

1. Alan Perrin

2. Velimir Zajec

Some may say Mandaric has got what he deserved after effectively forcing Redknapp's hand by bringing in Velimir Zajec as executive director to oversee transfers.

Zajec, who took charge of team affairs until Perrin's appointment in April, did not even last 12 months and Mandaric has ripped the heart out of the club he was determined to take "to the next level".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...25/sfnper25.xml

Not so keen on asset stripping!, maybe its just me but hey its worth taking note of basic judgements for his staff. :ph34r:

overall his staff couldn't have been that pants if they got promoted. he did even correct his mistakes

Mandaric is only human, and has made some mistakes, but he was also big enough to admit his faults and eat humble pie when he re-signed Redknapp!!

Al I can say is that we will be envy of every club in our division, we have got a backer with proven trak record to atleast take us to the big league again, and will be on the big screen, media, news etc for all the world to see, cus at this moment in time we barely get 60 seconds on a crappy itv highlights show!!

Mandaric is only human, and has made some mistakes, but he was also big enough to admit his faults and eat humble pie when he re-signed Redknapp!!

Al I can say is that we will be envy of every club in our division, we have got a backer with proven trak record to atleast take us to the big league again, and will be on the big screen, media, news etc for all the world to see, cus at this moment in time we barely get 60 seconds on a crappy itv highlights show!!

All i care about is the money, Meja (?) said it all "Its all about the money, its all about the dededeladela.....

I don't want to pour cold water but all the envy can disappear and we could become a laughing stock if the Mandaric millions don't cast a magic spell.

Unlike Ric, who I usually agree with, I could see an excellent future for Leicester and one in which we were, as seems demonstrably the case now, an attractive prospect for investment.

It's just that I have this nagging concern about the choice of investor. I would much rather Leicestershire people or those with with a genuine interest and long-standing concern for the club, were putting up the money.

I'm a bit old fashioned really. I think these things matter.

But who knows what twists and turns might yet unfold before MM gets safely over the finishing line.

I don't want to pour cold water but all the envy can disappear and we could become a laughing stock if the Mandaric millions don't cast a magic spell.

Unlike Ric, who I usually agree with, I could see an excellent future for Leicester and one in which we were, as seems demonstrably the case now, an attractive prospect for investment.

It's just that I have this nagging concern about the choice of investor. I would much rather Leicestershire people or those with with a genuine interest and long-standing concern for the club, were putting up the money.

But who knows what twists and turns might yet unfold before MM gets safely over the finishing line.

The fact is though that even Leicestershire people will want a return and Mandy hasnt exactly pillaged Pompey has he.

Decent return on decent investment.

You could be right Thracian, but it's going to happen, and at the moment can only see positives, who knows what the future holds!!

For once I will be drinking before the game, not to numb myself of the disapointment I may get from city but rather with anticipation and excitement........and the best tipple for that is definitely the barbar beer!!! :thumbup:

Thrac, I do think our academy is doing wonders and it's excellent to see but I still think that even with all the great youngsters that have the potential to do well here we will struggle to get promoted and stay there. It's very hard to do it without cash, cash, cash. It's a shame, but that's how it is. I do hope we still have a great emphasis on utilising our academy if and when we get taken over.

Thrac, I do think our academy is doing wonders and it's excellent to see but I still think that even with all the great youngsters that have the potential to do well here we will struggle to get promoted and stay there. It's very hard to do it without cash, cash, cash. It's a shame, but that's how it is. I do hope we still have a great emphasis on utilising our academy if and when we get taken over.

I suppose that's what probably bothers me more than anything - that and using the cash wisely. Peter Taylor remains a nightmare in my subconscious as an example of how easily money can be wasted and how dificult it is to recover when that happens.

Please don't think I'm against new signings - I'm just against signing people who aren't as good as what we've got or can't last the pace physically.

We certainly need some signings, not only to sustain any promotion push, but also to compliment our young players and make their permanent elevation into higher class football easier.

Talented players, people who can pass and move, players who understand about running off the ball, people who can create chances and deliver a final pass. People who call and support constantly. We have so few senior players who can do those things.

I suppose that's what probably bothers me more than anything - that and using the cash wisely. Peter Taylor remains a nightmare in my subconscious as an example of how easily money can be wasted and how dificult it is to recover when that happens.

Please don't think I'm against new signings - I'm just against signing people who aren't as good as what we've got or can't last the pace physically.

We certainly need some signings, not only to sustain any promotion push, but also to compliment our young players and make their permanent elevation into higher class football easier.

Talented players, people who can pass and move, players who understand about running off the ball, people who can create chances and deliver a final pass. People who call and support constantly. We have so few senior players who can do those things.

When was the last time we signed and 'experienced player' that could do any of that?

After today's revelations in the Mercury and elsewhere it's by no means certain Mandy will take over.

He has basically admitted his heart is still with Pompey, exactly what the key players in this deal feared.

That's why other bidders were sought, ones that can offer more safeguards about the future of the club and the Way.

I would have preferred those bidders to have come forward a long time ago (ideally during our time in the Premiership).

But as long as the club can progress while remaining in the hands of genuine fans, that will suit me fine! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm excited but nervous about the whole thing. The decisions to be made in the coming weeks by our board will shape the future of Leicester City FOREVER!!!!!

I can understand people getting excited on here, but IMO people seem to think an investor/buyer equals success, premiership, big transfer fees etc etc. It probably won't work out like that.

The league is scattered with teams who have been taken over and have expected more. Southampton, Derby, Sunderland, Leeds, Coventry the list could go on... all of whom are only a few points ahead or behind us.

People seem set on Mandaric before knowing the facts on what exactly his or the other potential investors plans/offers actually are. He made some massive mistakes at Portsmouth and was lucky to get away with not relegating them to the now league one. He was also lucky he didn't get them relegated last year with his redknapp balls up.

I'm all for a change of ownership/direction, but we need to see the offers first and they need to be right.

Archived