Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eaststandtom

Mandaric's Proposal - Rejected?

I think the appointments of Souness and Roeder have a lot to do with that as well though.

the reason they blame shepherd is because they actually demanded roeder in as manager at the end of last season, he has pissed away more money and the idiots can't blame their own short sighted stupidity!

but why, if it was in the clubs best interests to do that ???

I think you need to explain your question a little more.

There is a clear difference between the interests of LCFC and the interests of the current owners.

The long term interests of the club are really those based on stability and reasoned ambition. There is no such thing as a guarantee in football... but if doesn't hurt to have a real contingency plan, a parachute, a few quid in the bank, whatever. It's that cushion or safety net which allows you to gamble with confidence that even a complete disaster would not wipe out the club. It's in the best interests of LCFC for the current shareholders to sell cheap in order that the buyer should have the maximum funds available to pump in to the club.

It is in the present shareholders interests to simply sell the club for as much money as possible. I'm not saying that this is the reason for the delay or that they are selfish or greedy, simply that in this situation it is undeniably in their interests to sell for as much money as possible, leaving the buyer with less to put in to the club.

So you see the interests of the club as an ongoing concern, as a football club etc are quite different from those who currently 'own' the club and make the club's decisions.

If the club was to reject the bid,the fans (me included) would be pretty mad, however I would like to think that I could keep an open mind. If the board come out and tell us the reasons why then at least we can have an open debate.

There may be very good reasons to turn down the bid, may be it is Mandaric who raised the subject of the ground share with Tigers and the FT were just guaging fans opnions, we just dont know. If fans can see that the board has acted in the best intrest of the club then great, any hint that they have acted in their own interest than things could get interesting.

If the club was to reject the bid,the fans (me included) would be pretty mad, however I would like to think that I could keep an open mind. If the board come out and tell us the reasons why then at least we can have an open debate.

There may be very good reasons to turn down the bid, may be it is Mandaric who raised the subject of the ground share with Tigers and the FT were just guaging fans opnions, we just dont know. If fans can see that the board has acted in the best intrest of the club then great, any hint that they have acted in their own interest than things could get interesting.

I doubt it, it will be a media battle, the spin and bullshit comming from the media, feeded by MM an the current board will leave us fans going through various levels of over reaction and hatred towards the board and MM. I for one can't go through that, especially as am the delicate kind!!!

There wouldn't seem to be much chance of our glaring weaknesses being strengthened.

Attacking left-back, creative midfield, goalscoring right wing and second effective striker are what's needed and yet no-one seems to have the will to make the decisions.

Archived