Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eaststandtom

Mandaric's Proposal - Rejected?

It would certainly be a test of the communication skills of the club.

I would expect to see Taylor in a press conference detailing exactly what the reasons for rejection were. Unfortunatley I suspect they will be bound by a confidentiality agreement, so we will never really know.

i can't see them rejecting it. they'd be in for some stick if they did.

yes, they probably will but why??

surely, if it is rejected, it will be for a valid reason??

is this something the fans will except?

just interested in finding out what people would feel if it was rejected

I cant see it being rejected unless they have another offer just as good or better, and that DOESN'T include the stupid bloody ground share idea.

What would the club say??? "We have rejected Milan Mandaric's bid as we believe we dont need any more money for transfers and wages and will be fine carrying on signing free agents on low wages and languishing in the Championship for a while"

Surely even they can see this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, they can't be that stupid! Can they???

It would certainly be a test of the communication skills of the club.

I would expect to see Taylor in a press conference detailing exactly what the reasons for rejection were. Unfortunatley I suspect they will be bound by a confidentiality agreement, so we will never really know.

They'll have to be very brave to reject it if they aren't going to fully explain why then, because lack of information will just lead to fans forming their own opinions and i'm sure it won't be favourable towards the board.

The board have had quite an easy ride with the fans since they've took over, there's been plenty of slagging them off on messageboards but never anything been directed at them at games or through other avenues. That would probably change, I would have thought. In which, in a worse case scenario if lots of fans turned against them and either forced them out or forced a situation for them to seek a quick buyer then it would probably lead to the club changing hands to a less favourable buyer. This is all hypothetical obviously, but worth considering.

It wouldn't be good for the club on and off the pitch.

yes, they probably will but why??

surely, if it is rejected, it will be for a valid reason??

is this something the fans will except?

just interested in finding out what people would feel if it was rejected

personally i think it is because many people expect so much from day one when the rumours start. i am not sure what stance i would take on it, probably be annoyed that the FT still exist and that we are heading no where, but may not go over board on that

I am hoping that the shareholders say yes. I want Milan Mandaric to take over the club but the annoying thing about it all is that the club have kept the doors closed meaning we, the fans, do not know the details or any potential sticking points of the deal.

Maybe there is something in the MM deal which is just not practical for the club however, the fans will not be able to appreciate this if it all falls through.

More info would be nice.

I am hoping that the shareholders say yes. I want Milan Mandaric to take over the club but the annoying thing about it all is that the club have kept the doors closed meaning we, the fans, do not know the details or any potential sticking points of the deal.

Maybe there is something in the MM deal which is just not practical for the club however, the fans will not be able to appreciate this if it all falls through.

More info would be nice.

Clubs never publically announce the exact details of the bid. I've never known a club to do this, however frustrating it is. That's just what happens.

I just can't see any way in which the Mandaric deal will be rejected. On the face of it, if I was a shareholder, I'd be looking for my money back that's all and to rid myself of responsibility of the stadium debt - if Manadaric can do this then i reckon its a done deal

Probably fan demonstrations after the game aimed at this current lot !! I don't know why Newcastle fans are going mad at Freddy Shepherd - at least their board stump up big money for signings !!!

And where has that got them?

I think the appointments of Souness and Roeder have a lot to do with that as well though.

Archived