Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

Ashley Chambers

Has there been anything official from the club yet??

Nothing official but my mate plays for the under 16s and has been involved with the 18s this season. He used to play with Chambers in the younger age groups too so he knows him quite well and would've been down at the Tottenham game last week whether it be on the bench for the 18s or playing for the 16s. Another thing that makes me think it's true is that Chambers wasn't at College the other day according to another mate and all of the Academy players go to Loughborough College as part of their education and for fitness tests.

they've never mentioned academy injuries on the OS before. look in the academy section of the match programme if you're that desperate, something may be in if he found out before today.

It is not a question of being "desperate". Nor does what has happened before necessarily set the standard for all time.

The programme comes out nearly a week after the Tottenham Academy game. To my mind, a serious injury to an England Youth International centre-forward, is always likely to be of interest to a good number of City fans - especially the considerable number who attend home games at Belvoir Drive.

We have a newspaper, a radio station and news-orientated website who aim much of their coverage at City fans. You would therefore think someone might consider it newsworthy. Certainly I would because many folk support the club rather than just the first team.

As it is, thanks are due to Jonbluefox. Foxestalk scoop. Nice ring to that!

Bad news for who exactly?

He's not really been knocking on the door since his debut over a year ago has he?

I cant believe you have said that!!! Bad news for who???? bad news for any teenager to get such a serious injury whether he be a footballer or not.

Bad news for who exactly?

He's not really been knocking on the door since his debut over a year ago has he?

Barring injuries I doubt he'll ever make more then a dozen appearances for the 1st team before we ship him out on loan to "Blackpool" before they sign him on a free.

I'm certainly hoping the team progress more rapidly then he does in which case he may not even be good enough to play for us.

Saying that I hope he has a speedy recovery and goes on to prove me wrong :thumbup:

I agree completely with this, most teams have youngsters in their squad who look promising but never achieve great things as expected due to one thing or another. One name off the top of my head is Jody Morris, great English prospect at Chelsea and where is he now? League one with Millwall I believe. I hope he's as good as he's being made out to be but he's got to work really hard to get back from this injury and then work even harder to become the player everyone wants him to be!

That's too cynical and short-termist even for me. Chambers is a first-choice England youth international. Some people go too far in brushing off what that means. It may not mean he is automatically destined to enjoy a sparkling career but it puts him in a hell of a better position than pretty much every other kid his age. What are you basing this "Blackpool" thing on exactly? I'd say you're just blindly comparing him to someone like Jon Stevenson. And it wasn't his fault Levein fancied sticking him on in a League Cup tie for ninety seconds. And that means he's made no progress since his "debut"!!

Pardon me for thinking an England youth international on our books getting an extremely serious injury at such a crucial stage of his development is bad news.

I agree it is bad news but not really for the first team is it?

I doubt he'd have played for us at all this season and I'm obviously hoping we can get promoted this season or next and I seriously can't see him progressing quickly enough to be able to cope in the Premiership, even without the injury.

This is only my opinion remember and I'm hoping he can prove me wrong but I just don't see it somehow.

I agree it is bad news but not really for the first team is it?

I doubt he'd have played for us at all this season and I'm obviously hoping we can get promoted this season or next and I seriously can't see him progressing quickly enough to be able to cope in the Premiership, even without the injury.

This is only my opinion remember and I'm hoping he can prove me wrong but I just don't see it somehow.

I just don't understand this idea of him not progressing quickly enough? He's playing for England youth. He's obviously got potential. I understand he wouldn't have played this season but I'm not thinking of the immediate first team problems. If we have a player with his potential, we might not have to put up with the likes of Hammond and O'Grady in the future.

Oh well, whatever, I'm gutted for him and I think we all hope he recovers as quickly and as fully as possible.

I just don't understand this idea of him not progressing quickly enough? He's playing for England youth. He's obviously got potential. I understand he wouldn't have played this season but I'm not thinking of the immediate first team problems. If we have a player with his potential, we might not have to put up with the likes of Hammond and O'Grady in the future.

Oh well, whatever, I'm gutted for him and I think we all hope he recovers as quickly and as fully as possible.

Don't get me wrong I'm gutted for him too but I don't see how it's going to have any impact on the first team and as I hinted in an earlier post I'd love him to shove this thread down my throat when he proves me wrong. ;)

That's a bastard, well unlucky for him. Doubt that he'll get all of his speed back, although he should regain the majority of it. Just wish him all the best and hope he makes a full recovery :)

Must have been a dreadful challenge though if he's done both knees :o

Leicester City are waiting to see the extent of a knee injury to young striker Ashley Chambers.

Chambers, who became City's youngest player when he made a substitute appearance against Blackpool in the Carling Cup last season, sustained ligament damage in the Academy game at Spurs last week.

Academy manager Jon Rudkin said: "As to the extent and what it is, we don't know at this stage. He has a terrific attitude, loves being in and around the place, and hopefully it won't be too long before we see him on the pitch again."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

• 1 month later...

Bad news.hope the lad gets better and fully recoveres

It's always a huge blow when a young player sustains a long-term injury as it hampers their development at a crucial time. However, the best young players seem to make it through the bad times.

Archived