Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Kisnorbo

He may not be able to pass more than 15 yards sideways accurately but surely you're not telling me you think Kisnorbo's slow?!

That is exactly what I am saying, he has no pace and certainly not enough for the Premiership.

Poor bloke can you imagine him that Newcastle team, plodding back after Henry, Saha, Drogba, Johnson, Defoe and Rooney :unsure:

i remember these kind of arguments about selling him pre-season and i would think it shows a lack of ambition to sell one of our best players.

i remember matty elliot and in my books kis is a very similar player in all aspects.

elliot wasnt the fastest in the world but he was fast enough and good enough to play in the premier league and i think kis is too , obviously so do a number of scouts if all the rumours of the preseason and now are to be believed.

id rather we be buying some quality into the team than selling what quality we do have.

A good defender does not need pace. A good defender overcomes his lack of pace with good positional awareness, and the ability to read the game, and a load of other cliches.

Whether Kisnorbo has enough attributes to make himself a good Premiership defender out of a good Championship defender remains to be seen. The fact that we had Walsh, Elliott and Taggart, and built a successful defence around them says something.

That is exactly what I am saying, he has no pace and certainly not enough for the Premiership.

Poor bloke can you imagine him that Newcastle team, plodding back after Henry, Saha, Drogba, Johnson, Defoe and Rooney :unsure:

Who are you to say that he would not perform at that level !!!!

The truth is, now one knows until the blike actually plays at that level.

Lets just hope that its with Leicester, not anyone else.

A good defender does not need pace. A good defender overcomes his lack of pace with good positional awareness, and the ability to read the game, and a load of other cliches.

Whether Kisnorbo has enough attributes to make himself a good Premiership defender out of a good Championship defender remains to be seen. The fact that we had Walsh, Elliott and Taggart, and built a successful defence around them says something.

add to that the infamous rock solid arsenal defence of the 90s, the game may have changed slightly but i can't imagine keown adams winterburn and that other fella struggling in todays game

Being fair a lot of defenders struggle against Henry, Drogba and Rooney ...in fact virtually all of em.

Between them they have qualities all defenders despise, pace, strength, touch and movement.

Kisnorbo isn't especially quick but many top quality defenders have been less than quick.

What Kisnorbo seems to have is decisiveness, bravery, commitment and usually, good concentration.

He reads the game quite well and is still young enough to learn. With betters players around him, he'd also have more passing options. Definitely capable of stepping up in my view.

maybe thats one of the problems with newcy , they are obsessed with pace rather than ability.

having watched them on the t.v. ive noticed they are very good at running at pace up and down the pitch but they struggle these days to hold onto the ball and they are pretty clueless about putting the ball in the back of the net. they may have micheal owen but the guy at present is their version of lee morris. :o

add to that the infamous rock solid arsenal defence of the 90s, the game may have changed slightly but i can't imagine keown adams winterburn and that other fella struggling in todays game

Lee Dixon? He was a bit quicker than the others though, to be fair! He was the pace!

I can't think of a defender they have who is better than Kisnorbo. I honestly can't. He has power, pace, is composed, a good passer...

Newcastle are all over the place defensively.

I am not saying that Kisnorbo isn't very good, he is amazing but mostly when Championship players go to the Prem they don't get much matches, so he should be careful and still with Leicester and if he wants Prem, get it with City.

Yes - if it moved we kicked it. :D:D:D

Fulham and Newcastle both watched Leicester's Australian defender Patrick Kisnorbo in action for his country against Ghana last week. (Times)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/6167854.stm

I think McAualey is better, but hey 3/5m would go a miss..

I take it you mean Wouldn't go a miss. :rolleyes:

Hasn't this been posted already.

Archived