Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

KELLY ALL SHOOK UP BY ELVIS DECISION

Furious Leicester manager Rob Kelly is blaming referee Andy D'Urso and assistant Carl Bassindale for Leicester's 1-0 defeat at Derby.

Jon Stead scored the only goal of the game in the 53rd minute at Pride Park.

But the visitors saw an 86th-minute Elvis Hammond equaliser chalked off when Yorkshire official Bassindale flagged for a Richard Stearman handball in the build-up.

Kelly confronted D'Urso on the pitch following the final whistle while Foxes captain Paddy McCarthy approached Bassindale, but neither was given an explanation of the decision.

Kelly fumed: "It was a goal, I have seen the video and I cannot see a handball.

"I do not know why the linesman stuck his flag up because I am not inside his head.

"We do not pester officials when their decisions go against us but I tried to ask the referee why the goal was disallowed - he would not speak to me. I asked the fourth official and she told me the linesman had seen a handball.

"Decisions like that knock the stuffing out of you and you hope they even themselves out over the course of the season.

"But just recently we have been on the end of several unbelievably bad decisions and they always seem to be away from home.

"However, I would hope the decision was made honestly and that the linesman was not influenced in any way.

"I am not making excuses but I am old-school and I believe the best referees and linesmen are the ones you never notice, the ones whose names you never know.

"But it is a different world these days."

Defeat left the Foxes four points off the Championship relegation zone while Derby climbed to fourth in the table after a fifth successive league win.

The last time the Rams won five on the bounce was during the 1995-96 season which ended with promotion into the Premiership.

But manager Billy Davies said: "I know only that we are in the top half because I do not look at the table, only at the next game.

"What this team are achieving at the moment is remarkable but we are still years away from being where we want to be.

"I was disappointed we were not able to add to the squad before the loan window closed but we will continue to work hard with what we have got and the spirit in the camp is first class.

"We are six months into a long-term programme here so we have to remain patient, but when I look at other teams around us and how big their squads are I realise great credit should go to our players."

When asked about Leicester's disallowed goal, Davies said: "I asked my players and they said there had been a handball.

"If the video shows there was not then it is unlucky for Leicester."

LINK

Furious Leicester manager Rob Kelly is blaming referee Andy D'Urso and assistant Carl Bassindale for Leicester's 1-0 defeat at Derby.

Jon Stead scored the only goal of the game in the 53rd minute at Pride Park.

But the visitors saw an 86th-minute Elvis Hammond equaliser chalked off when Yorkshire official Bassindale flagged for a Richard Stearman handball in the build-up.

Kelly confronted D'Urso on the pitch following the final whistle while Foxes captain Paddy McCarthy approached Bassindale, but neither was given an explanation of the decision.

Kelly fumed: "It was a goal, I have seen the video and I cannot see a handball.

"I do not know why the linesman stuck his flag up because I am not inside his head.

"We do not pester officials when their decisions go against us but I tried to ask the referee why the goal was disallowed - he would not speak to me. I asked the fourth official and she told me the linesman had seen a handball.

"Decisions like that knock the stuffing out of you and you hope they even themselves out over the course of the season.

"But just recently we have been on the end of several unbelievably bad decisions and they always seem to be away from home.

"However, I would hope the decision was made honestly and that the linesman was not influenced in any way.

"I am not making excuses but I am old-school and I believe the best referees and linesmen are the ones you never notice, the ones whose names you never know.

"But it is a different world these days."

Defeat left the Foxes four points off the Championship relegation zone while Derby climbed to fourth in the table after a fifth successive league win.

The last time the Rams won five on the bounce was during the 1995-96 season which ended with promotion into the Premiership.

But manager Billy Davies said: "I know only that we are in the top half because I do not look at the table, only at the next game.

"What this team are achieving at the moment is remarkable but we are still years away from being where we want to be.

"I was disappointed we were not able to add to the squad before the loan window closed but we will continue to work hard with what we have got and the spirit in the camp is first class.

"We are six months into a long-term programme here so we have to remain patient, but when I look at other teams around us and how big their squads are I realise great credit should go to our players."

When asked about Leicester's disallowed goal, Davies said: "I asked my players and they said there had been a handball.

"If the video shows there was not then it is unlucky for Leicester."

LINK

Fair play to davies.

I couldnt believe the decision myself, nor could many of the travelling blue army. However it may well have been handball but I have yet to see the footage on tv.

I couldnt believe it I was going mental I thought we'd equalised :mad:

The thought that ran through my mind was that the linesman flagged becuase elvis was offside so the ref was going to bring it back for a peno. But oh no he pointed the other fecking way!

The ref clearly didn't think it was a handball 'cause he played advantage for a foul on Stearman. The linesman obviously felt he had a better view than the ref and the ref went along with him!

I thought the referee had the best view in the house.

It was a disgrace. Worst decision I think Ive ever seen at a game and Ive never been so angry leaving the stadium as I was today. It was clearly a goal or a penalty and the linesman had no right to give say otherwise seeing as he was way behind play at the time. The bloody derby fans or player didnt even appeal for a dive / handball.

It's all rather irrelevant isn't it?

We never played well enough to deserve a point, and that is the real issue. If Kelly wants to try and gloss over the fact that he has not prepared the team sufficiently, or that he made the wrong choices for selection, that is up to him - but he needs to get with the program.

Managers who carp on about officials costing them points are pathetic. It's football, this shit happens.

He knows, we all know, that the real fault we lost was because we were shit...and who should shoulder the blame for that?

It's all rather irrelevant isn't it?

We never played well enough to deserve a point, and that is the real issue. If Kelly wants to try and gloss over the fact that he has not prepared the team sufficiently, or that he made the wrong choices for selection, that is up to him - but he needs to get with the program.

Managers who carp on about officials costing them points are pathetic. It's football, this shit happens.

He knows, we all know, that the real fault we lost was because we were shit...and who should shoulder the blame for that?

:clap::appl::clap::appl::clap::appl::clap::appl:

That was the most disgusting bit of officiating (alternatively insert your own word) I have ever seen in a football match. There should be an immediate enquiry.

Even if there had been a handball by Stearman the linesman was not in a position to see because Stearman was half-turning away from him. It he gave offside it was a clear penalty.

The linesman can only give what he sees and he cannot have seen a handball because there wasn't one.

If I were Leicester and assuming the game cannot be replayed I would find out if I could take legal action about it.

If decisions like that are going to be allowed to stand the game is a farce. If there is no proper outcome then what is to stop officials making decisions like that for less than honest reasons?.

Even the Derby stewards seemed embarrassed by it.

Is there some sort of hidden agenda?

It's a question you have to ask seeing our game is so obviously corrupt to the core despite all the denying and pleas to "prove it". And seeing the FA are so ruluctant to allow video cameras to be used to assist such decisions.

Why? What can possibly be wrong with having a fair and almost instantaneous outcome.

But that wasn't just a bad decision. If it was for hands it was a decision that could never have been made from the angle of the linesman compared to the player. Quite apart from anything else how could the linesman have been so sure from so far away. Unless he gave offside.

I saw the incident clearly. Stearman was fouled for what should have been a penalty. The referee understandably allowed play on. Hammond ran on to net easily. Goal.

If by any chance Hammond was offside - and it was impossible to tell from my angle and I doubt the linesman could tell with the keeper/Stearman etc in his line of vision but that's only opinion - then it was a penalty for the foul by the keeper on Stearman and it certainly looked to me as if D'Urso knew it was a foul by the way he looked up,saw Hammond and allowed play to go on.

Both officials should be immediately answerable. Doubtless the two will soon get their heads together - which makes these things a farce really - but video evidence will surely prove the truth and if the officials prove amiss then some very serious questions have to be asked.

Doubtless Leicester will be implored not to rock the boat but they are entitled to fairness. And this didn't look at all fair to me from 25-30 yards away, to the right of goal and staring straight at Stearman.

There really has to be something done. Football forever folds in on itself and is self-protecting but this was beyond a joke. We let the Balde thing drop - and allowed him to carry on risking people's careers - when we shouldn't. It's time to do something and for something to be seen to be done.

What a pathetic decision. It definitely looked to me as though Stears had taken it on the chest and then got absolutely clattered by their keeper. Then Elvis stuck it in and I was going "fooking mental" thinking we'd equalised, only to be ripped off by D'Urso and his assistant :@

What a pathetic decision. It definitely looked to me as though Stears had taken it on the chest and then got absolutely clattered by their keeper. Then Elvis stuck it in and I was going "fooking mental" thinking we'd equalised, only to be ripped off by D'Urso and his assistant :@

And Elvis gets denied yet another good goal....

Archived