Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Player Ratings vs Sheff Wed

porter would have got a 7 and hughes a 6 the rest 4 s and 5s . NOBODY deseves an 8 . if any city player recieves an 8 in any of tommorows papers then ill eat my hat

http://www.sheffieldwednesday-mad.co.uk/ne...H&id=311559

have a look at there ratings for leicester

Starting Line-ups

25 Logan 5

5 McCarthy 5

3 Kisnorbo 6

17 Stearman 7

2 Maybury 5

11 Tiatto 5

27 Porter 6

6 Hughes 4

16 Low 5

7 Hume 6

18 Hammond 5

It seems strange that the goalscorer got the worst rating. On any ratings site a goal normally pushes a players score up by a few.

Kelly - 0 - What the f***k is he playing at? Has lost the plot completely. Rightly or wrongly, he'll be out of a job come January if he doesn't sort himself out.

Logan - 5 - Had little to do other pick the ball out of the net. Should have done better in my opinion with the second 'wonder goal'.

Stearman - 6 - Not bad, but not great either. Getting better though, slowly but surely.

McCarthy - 1 - Should never have been sent off, but even so it didn't come as a great surprise. Losing his head too often and is a liability.

Kisnorbo - 5 - His indifferent form is reflected in our latest shambols at the back.

Maybury - 4 - Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Is it purely coincidence that our performances have gone down the pan since he's been back in the squad?? And what the hell is he doing at left back anyway??

Low - 6 - I honestly thought he put in his best performance today. Unlucky with the penalty in my view.

Hughes - 6 - A good effort for a change, and about time.

Tiatto - 6 - Held the midfield together during the first half. Badly missed in the second half.

Porter - 7* - MOTM. A very good performance and one that deserved a goal.

Hammond - 5 - Worked hard but that counts for nowt if you can't finish.

Hume - 4 - Anonymous.

Subs:

McAuley - 4 - Seems to have lost his confidence. Very shakey today.

Fryatt - 4 - Where's the sharp, intelligent striker from last season?? Looks like a lost sheep.

Williams - 4 - Not match fit and it showed.

Officials:

Linos - 5 - Must have been looking the other way most of the game.

Ref - :mad: - Off the scale. Unbelievably bad. A scandalous performance that merits an inquiry.

Logan...6.5 (Made one terrific save, the OS described it as world class, and had no chance with the goals from where I sat).

Stearman 6 (Good and bad. Was it him or Kisnorbo caught in possession for the fourth goal because it was the second example of running with the ball cost a goal within minutes of each other)

McCarthy 4 (He only reinfoced a lousy performance with his sending off although from my angle he did everything he could to avoid Whelan)

Kisnorbo 4 (His passing and his free kicks swere diabolical. Anything he tries beyond 10 yards can go anywhere)

Maybury 4 (Skinned alive when their winger took him on and would have conceded a goal through it had Logan not made his superb save. Also looked lost with his distribution of the left side despite having reasonable options).

Low 0 (That's not a facetious score. His on or two minor contributions were more than eclipsed by the penalty he gave away - what the hell was he doing in the penalty box anyway - and by his half-hearted efforts in every other phase. If he was clockwork he'd be a dancing fairy - in fact he might be clockwork cos he soon winds down again even if he does something moderately well).

Hughes 7 (Good goal even with the deflective assist. He's looked a better playuer since Porter was back to give him options and the back up if he goes forward. Had several shots in quick succession and linked play quite well at times.)

Tiatto 6 (Okay but still doesn't give us enough imagination in midfield. Too much of a one-trick pony with his free kicks as well)

Porter 8 (Assisted Hughes with his goal, brought the best save out of Sheffield's keeper with what was a difficult shot, always tried to be constructive, mostly retained possession, worked hard and never let his head drop for one second when things went wrong)

Hammond 6.75 (One on target shot brought a good save in the first half, generally worked hard and always threatened. Caused considerable trouble with his varied running)

Hume 5.5 (Tried and tried but very little seemed to come off for him. Seemed to get more wound up than was good for him. Is clearly getting targetted as a man to mark and needs to find an answer)

Subs:

McAuley 4 (Not impressed).

Fryatt 4.5 (Just the one half break that I noticed but a short and inconsequential appearance)

Williams 6 (Caught napping for their third goal I believe. Some good passes but clearly off the pace).

The only goal Logan had no chance with was Glenn Whelans, and even then his attempted save was abysmall not saying he Should of saved the others but he definatley would of given himself a chance if his footwork was better.

I don't wish to get on at the lad as you know I've got alot of time for him but today was not the best performance I've seen from him.

Why do you have to ruin what would be a otherwise good match summary with your petit faviourtism. Tiatto mixed it up got involved and knocked some good balls through to Porter who then put his cross 5 yards to far infront of the oncoming suppourt on more than one occasion. Probabley our best player on the day but 8/10 no way.

How can you give Matty Fryatt 4.5 and Hammon 6.75. Disgusting. Also How on earth can you claim Hammond forcing Mark Crossley into a save from 5 ****ing yards is a good thing. He should of ****ing scored not hit it straight at that fat Forest reject.

The only goal Logan had no chance with was Glenn Whelans, and even then his attempted save was abysmall not saying he Should of saved the others but he definatley would of given himself a chance if his footwork was better.

I don't wish to get on at the lad as you know I've got alot of time for him but today was not the best performance I've seen from him.

Why do you have to ruin what would be a otherwise good match summary with your petit faviourtism. Tiatto mixed it up got involved and knocked some good balls through to Porter who then put his cross 5 yards to far infront of the oncoming suppourt on more than one occasion. Probabley our best player on the day but 8/10 no way.

How can you give Matty Fryatt 4.5 and Hammon 6.75. Disgusting. Also How on earth can you claim Hammond forcing Mark Crossley into a save from 5 ****ing yards is a good thing. He should of ****ing scored not hit it straight at that fat Forest reject.

You must have watched the Sheffield shots in slow motion. :D:D

And what's with Tiatto and Fryatt. Six is pretty good for just a bit more than half-a-match and where would you get more that 4.75 for Fryatt's restricted contribution?

I appreciate your desire to defend these guys - and very commendable it is too - but can't you wait til they do something a bit more outstanding.

As for Hammond - that shot was actually 18 yards at an angle, he hit the target and the keeper got his positioning right and blocked it. If Fryatt had hit it you'd probably have him up to about 9 by now! :D

A lot of things should have happened today. Kelly could have kidnapped the ref for a start - then we'd have been rid of both! :whistle:

From where I sat the lad had no chance with the last three - but the pen was a bad kick and he let it run underneath him. I thought that was poor.

I still contend the lad needs some time off to assimilate his experiences in order to improve. Hendo should be making do for a bit...especially while there's a sack of shite playing upfield.

From where I sat the lad had no chance with the last three - but the pen was a bad kick and he let it run underneath him. I thought that was poor.

I still contend the lad needs some time off to assimilate his experiences in order to improve. Hendo should be making do for a bit...especially while there's a sack of shite playing upfield.

Well you will all think that because the ball was twated from 20 yards and ended up in the top corner. Those kind of shots are saved week in week out in all Leagues.

People look at goalkeepers performances and it's always black and white. It's either he had no chance, or he should of saved it :unsure: in reality this isn't always the case, I'm not saying the 2nd and 4th goals were easy to save but it was very possible.

Brunts second was more than stoppable, there wasn't that much pace on the ball, the footwork was wrong that’s it looked like he had no chance. The second fair enough he had no chance it was a bullet but still he could of got closer, his attempt was pathetic. Tudguys he could of saved if he was positioned better and again Conrads footwork was awful.

Brunts second was more than stoppable, there wasn't that much pace on the ball, the footwork was wrong that’s it looked like he had no chance. The second fair enough he had no chance it was a bullet but still he could of got closer, his attempt was pathetic. Tudguys he could of saved if he was positioned better and again Conrads footwork was awful.

Footwork? I had to suffer some dancing thing on TV when I got home...the girls wanted it.

Don't talk to me about ****ing footwork. :mad:

You must have watched the Sheffield shots in slow motion. :D:D

And what's with Tiatto and Fryatt. Six is pretty good for just a bit more than half-a-match and where would you get more that 4.75 for Fryatt's restricted contribution?

I appreciate your desire to defend these guys - and very commendable it is too - but can't you wait til they do something a bit more outstanding.

As for Hammond - that shot was actually 18 yards at an angle, he hit the target and the keeper got his positioning right and blocked it. If Fryatt had hit it you'd probably have him up to about 9 by now! :D

A lot of things should have happened today. Kelly could have kidnapped the ref for a start - then we'd have been rid of both! :whistle:

Ermm he actually controlled a ball and passed it to a team mate, one day I'm hoping he might teach Elvis how to do it.

Ah right that shot, sorry, you can probably see where I got confused, the one shot I remember from Elvis Hammond was the glaring miss from five yards, which he just blasted as hard as he could at Mark Crossley, can't think why that one sticks in the mind.

The ref wasn't that bad, Mcarthy deserved to go and I'll reserve judgement on the penalty until I see it again.

Well you will all think that because the ball was twated from 20 yards and ended up in the top corner. Those kind of shots are saved week in week out in all Leagues.

People look at goalkeepers performances and it's always black and white. It's either he had no chance, or he should of saved it :unsure: in reality this isn't always the case, I'm not saying the 2nd and 4th goals were easy to save but it was very possible.

Everyone's footwork was buggered for the second - the ball was heading for one player and the referee kindly intervened and diverted it to another. Bang, thank you very much. No wonder the Sheffield fans offered him an Owls shirt!. :whistle:

I'd have given him a mark if I'd done the Sheffield player ratings!

I'd like to draw everyone who is watching MOTD to David James's save. Thats how you save a shot such as Chris Brunts second.

I have just seen that. What a save...shame about the haircut

Archived