Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
timmis-lcfc

Hammond

i think it is all time we say well done to Hammond, his hard work has now led to a goal for him so i would like to say well done hammond for the goal and setting up Levi Porter.

In my eyes, he's still rubbish and we need a new striker in january. But took his goal well i'll give him that.

he still offers much more than Fryatt, on a day where Hume was no-where Elvis battled hard and fought for everything, at times he was up there on his own. Well done Elvis :thumbup:

thankyou someone who agrees with me he has worked hard and offers more then Fryatt

He's wank. But his work-rate has finally paid off and it sounds like he had a very good game today - both scoring and having a huge part in Porter's goal. Congratulations Elvis - but it has to continue for a LONG time if you're to change many people's opinions :yesyes:

He does have a really good work rate, and fully deserves a goal. Full credit to him.

However, i dont think he is a naturally gifted player. Hes very quick, but doesnt quite seem to have that touch top players do, and often his finishing isnt the best.

On the whole, seems like a decent guy who works hard, but we still need to replace him.

thankyou someone who agrees with me he has worked hard and offers more then Fryatt

I agree with you - especially right now. But Kelly has two more developing problems. Whether people like it or not Hume and Hammond have clearly been our best strike partnership this season.

But after a long injury lay-off all the time Fryatt is out means he will become less and less match fit and therefore less and less useful to us when he's needed.

The same applies to Louis Dodds. He's been recalled from Northwich and left idle for three weeks. It really is appalling. If Hume or Hammond gets injured I doubt we've got a single match fit replacement now?

Meanwhile we play Hughes on the right wing. He gives away a goal (from our penalty area) and does next to damn all according to Fez.

Hardly surprising cos he's played there before and has always been poor and the more ridiculous considering he seemed to be getting some form back in midfield.

It smacked once again of Kelly wanting to include his favourites for the sake of it. And his perpetual answer is if there isn't a proper place for them, push em into some other position.

Baffling!

i think it is all time we say well done to Hammond, his hard work has now led to a goal for him so i would like to say well done hammond for the goal and setting up Levi Porter.

He didn't set up levi. He might have passed it to levi on the wing but levi took on 2 wolves defenders then slotted it home. Hammond took his goal well, apart from that he had no real support and was left upfront on his own.

he still offers much more than Fryatt, on a day where Hume was no-where Elvis battled hard and fought for everything, at times he was up there on his own. Well done Elvis :thumbup:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree with you - especially right now. But Kelly has two more developing problems. Whether people like it or not Hume and Hammond have clearly been our best strike partnership this season.

But after a long injury lay-off all the time Fryatt is out means he will become less and less match fit and therefore less and less useful to us when he's needed.

The same applies to Louis Dodds. He's been recalled from Northwich and left idle for three weeks. It really is appalling. If Hume or Hammond gets injured I doubt we've got a single match fit replacement now?

Meanwhile we play Hughes on the right wing. He gives away a goal (from our penalty area) and does next to damn all according to Fez.

Hardly surprising cos he's played there before and has always been poor and the more ridiculous considering he seemed to be getting some form back in midfield.

It smacked once again of Kelly wanting to include his favourites for the sake of it. And his perpetual answer is if there isn't a proper place for them, push em into some other position.

Baffling!

Couldnt agree more with this. I really think its stupid we recalled him to leave him out of all plans. It makes no sense, he WAS getting match experience and match fitness at N.V.

Its just yet another poor management decision!!!

Couldnt agree more with this. I really think its stupid we recalled him to leave him out of all plans. It makes no sense, he WAS getting match experience and match fitness at N.V.

Its just yet another poor management decision!!!

Exactly, he's not even been on the bench :blink:

I was expecting he'd at least be on the bench, was kinda hoping to see him play a bit!

Max Gradel should be on the right.He will do far more damage than any of our wingers,him and porter down each wing would scare every team in this league and Gradel would score goals aswell as skin players and set up goals!

Rob if you wanna save your job give young max the call!

on a day where Hume was no-where
Eh? Hume, yet again, was trying to make up for the inadequacies of our midfield. It's no wonder he's not scored in a while....

Eh? Hume, yet again, was trying to make up for the inadequacies of our midfield. It's no wonder he's not scored in a while....

Absolutely. Levein went to Wolves with a 4-5-1 system last season and this was virtually the same by the sounds of it with Hammond the frontman trying to work off the last defender's shoulder and Hume trying to supplement an already four-strong midfield.

And even with that army of midfielders there was a wartime ration of probing through balls and absolutely no penetration, speed or counter-attacking threat from the right.

Absolutely. Levein went to Wolves with a 4-5-1 system last season and this was virtually the same by the sounds of it with Hammond the frontman trying to work off the last defender's shoulder and Hume trying to supplement an already four-strong midfield.

And even with that army of midfielders there was a wartime ration of probing through balls and absolutely no penetration, speed or counter-attacking threat from the right.

If you did not go I cannot see how you can post that sort of assesment on yesterdays performance.

It was a 4-4-2 and the midfield was not athletic enough or have enough bite in it as usual so like connolly used to do Hume dropped deeper to get some of the ball as in previous weeks!

If you did not go I cannot see how you can post that sort of assesment on yesterdays performance.

It was a 4-4-2 and the midfield was not athletic enough or have enough bite in it as usual so like connolly used to do Hume dropped deeper to get some of the ball as in previous weeks!

That's exactly what Thracian said though, and you're both correct.

We went for the point. Doesn't matter what the formation was, we were looking for a point and hoped for more. This isn't what a team eyeing promotion does.

Exactly and that means it becomes 4-5-1 in everything but name.

Hume has always been willing to forage deep for the ball, but it seems to be happening more and more and it is blunting his effect. How do I know? Because I listenedto the commentary, read the comments and I've seen it happening in recent matches anyway.

Kelly fails to understand that when foraging back becomes general rather than occasional it saps energy.

Attacking players live or die on their speed over the first few yards and if that edge is lost through endless ball-seeking in midfield they will lose that sharpness they need to score and make goals.

Furthermore, the single player left up front fast loses his edge too because he simply has too much work and too little support.

Playing Hughes on the right wing is ridiculous. God knows how many times I've said that.

Kelly has several perfectly reasonable options for the right but refuses to take them because he somehow wants to accommodate both Hughes and Tiatto for their closing down qualities in front of an otherwise frail defence.

And while he maintains that philosophy there will never be enough creativity from our midfield because both the two front men and Levi on the left become starved of sufficient good ball and it is made worse by the opposition defence not having anything to worry about on the right.

Archived