Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
timmis-lcfc

Hammond

We went for the point. Doesn't matter what the formation was, we were looking for a point and hoped for more. This isn't what a team eyeing promotion does.

Since when were we eyeing promotion?!every one knew (fans with sense) that this was going to be a hard season, it's only thanks to milan mandaric (if he eventually takes over) that we are going to get out of this league next season, becuase if he didn't come in we would be sitting here in this league for another 5-10 years, so lets not start having a go at the team and Rob for once and enjoy the victory

Since when were we eyeing promotion?!every one knew (fans with sense) that this was going to be a hard season, it's only thanks to milan mandaric (if he eventually takes over) that we are going to get out of this league next season, becuase if he didn't come in we would be sitting here in this league for another 5-10 years, so lets not start having a go at the team and Rob for once and enjoy the victory
The point I am trying to make is that we, as a club, should be aiming higher than just above the relegation zone. Of course I knew it was going to be a hard season, I said so at the end of last season. It doesn't mean to say that I should not want more from the team I support. If I didn't, there'd be no point in going, would there?

As for having a go, if you feel that constructive criticism is "having a go", then I pity you. Stick your blinkers back on, and let's all say what a great time we're having.

PS. Try posting just the once. :thumbup:

The point I am trying to make is that we, as a club, should be aiming higher than just above the relegation zone. Of course I knew it was going to be a hard season, I said so at the end of last season. It doesn't mean to say that I should not want more from the team I support. If I didn't, there'd be no point in going, would there?

As for having a go, if you feel that constructive criticism is "having a go", then I pity you. Stick your blinkers back on, and let's all say what a great time we're having.

PS. Try posting just the once. :thumbup:

Yeah okay, thats fair enough that you want more from our team, but its blantently obvious that we haven't got the quality in attack or centre midfield to unlock a defence, no were not having a great time of it at the minute but a win is a win, just enjoy it!

if you can't enjoy a win then there's something wrong with you, i take it you would rather see leicester play really well and lose rather than see a determined team away from home at a ground where we haven't been good recent years and win

p.s hopefully this hasn't posted twice

Exactly and that means it becomes 4-5-1 in everything but name.

Hume has always been willing to forage deep for the ball, but it seems to be happening more and more and it is blunting his effect. How do I know? Because I listenedto the commentary, read the comments and I've seen it happening in recent matches anyway.

Kelly fails to understand that when foraging back becomes general rather than occasional it saps energy.

Attacking players live or die on their speed over the first few yards and if that edge is lost through endless ball-seeking in midfield they will lose that sharpness they need to score and make goals.

Furthermore, the single player left up front fast loses his edge too because he simply has too much work and too little support.

Playing Hughes on the right wing is ridiculous. God knows how many times I've said that.

Kelly has several perfectly reasonable options for the right but refuses to take them because he somehow wants to accommodate both Hughes and Tiatto for their closing down qualities in front of an otherwise frail defence.

And whiloe he maintains that philosophy there will never be enough creativity from our midfield because both the two front men and Levi on the left become starved of sufficient good ball and it is made worse by the opposition defence not having anything to worry about on the right.

I agree that hughes is best played in a central midfield role, but the times RK has put him over on the right with his previous poor performances indecates that RK know's we have a problem there and the current right mid's are not up to the job. Which is what can be said of most of the midfield, so my defence on this occasion of RK is that i do not believe he was that negative in his formation but that we became negative as a result of the better midfield from wolves.

Yeah okay, thats fair enough that you want more from our team, but its blantently obvious that we haven't got the quality in attack or centre midfield to unlock a defence, no were not having a great time of it at the minute but a win is a win, just enjoy it!

if you can't enjoy a win then there's something wrong with you, i take it you would rather see leicester play really well and lose rather than see a determined team away from home at a ground where we haven't been good recent years and win

p.s hopefully this hasn't posted twice

Of course I enjoyed the win. But you have to come back to reality at some point and look at where we go from here. This has all the hallmarks of yet another false dawn. Yesterday's game and result was similar to Stoke. We were lucky. But we didn't capitalise on that and take it with us to the next game. I am fearful that we will not learn, and we will let Barnsleh come here, and they are scoring a lot, and no we can't break teams down, and even though they concede even more, we will end up not scoring. Thus the confidence breaks down, all the hard work is undone, and we are staring relegation in the face again.

Or would you rather we forget all of this until Thursday, say? Perhaps that is what Kelly has been doing?

Who knows.

PS. Three times.

We went for the point. Doesn't matter what the formation was, we were looking for a point and hoped for more. This isn't what a team eyeing promotion does.

I wouldn't say we went for the point. We pushed them a bit to get the first goal and then just played for the 1-0. Fortunately when we didn't look like scoring, Levi pops up and send one home to give us a slightly lucky win.

I wouldn't say we went for the point. We pushed them a bit to get the first goal and then just played for the 1-0. Fortunately when we didn't look like scoring, Levi pops up and send one home to give us a slightly lucky win.

You make your own luck and Levi was not lucky but did something that wingers should took on their defenders and won earned the right for a shot and scored, the kid has the right attitude and stuck it away I think we will be having the pleasure of Mr Porter on the score sheet many more times to come if he continues on this form!

Well done kiddo keep it up! :)

I agree that hughes is best played in a central midfield role, but the times RK has put him over on the right with his previous poor performances indecates that RK know's we have a problem there and the current right mid's are not up to the job. Which is what can be said of most of the midfield, so my defence on this occasion of RK is that i do not believe he was that negative in his formation but that we became negative as a result of the better midfield from wolves.

Kelly makes the right wing a problem by refusing to choose any of the right options and because deep down he's inclined to use it as a dumping ground for an extra defender, be it Hughes or, last season, Maybury.

If you did not go I cannot see how you can post that sort of assesment on yesterdays performance.

It was a 4-4-2 and the midfield was not athletic enough or have enough bite in it as usual so like connolly used to do Hume dropped deeper to get some of the ball as in previous weeks!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Game, set and match to Thracian :mellow:

Do you not see that is how predictable we have become, Thracian didn't even bother and he got it pretty much right.

Fair play Thracian :cool:

Absolutely. Levein went to Wolves with a 4-5-1 system last season and this was virtually the same by the sounds of it with Hammond the frontman trying to work off the last defender's shoulder and Hume trying to supplement an already four-strong midfield.

And even with that army of midfielders there was a wartime ration of probing through balls and absolutely no penetration, speed or counter-attacking threat from the right.

He says of a 2-1 victory that he listened to on the radio. We scored 2 goals, both were partially as a result of what little speed we do have in our side. No speed, penetration or counter attacking threat there then. :blink:

I've been impressed most times when I've seen Elvis play this season. No, he doesn't get bagfuls of goals, but he's full of running and causes defenders problems.

Hume's been a bit off recently, but he's still our best by miles.

Fryatt's still recovering from injury, obviously not match fit (but for how much longer...?)

O'Grady - injured? dropped? vanished?

Dodds - untried at this level

Gradel - far too soon for him, but has potential

I agree that we definately need another striker in January, a big man who'll hold it up for Hume/Fryatt and will score goals too, and we also need a right winger:

Sylla has on and off days

Low should be shot before its stoo late

Maybury/Stearman/Hughes are not natural right wingers

Welsh - a bit of a disappointment so far

What do you think I meant by "went for the point and hoped for more"?

Honestly....

its quite clear to me 4-4-2 that you no next to nothing about lcfc

i think it is all time we say well done to Hammond, his hard work has now led to a goal for him so i would like to say well done hammond for the goal and setting up Levi Porter.

gotta say how pleasing it was to see elvis surging through like thierry henry before unleashing a fearsome drive.

well done

still not the answer though

Archived