Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leonisco

Could Levi's goal...

... be the moment that changes the course of our season?

People often talk about an event that can suddenly turn a team's fortunes around - for example when Pedro Mendes scored that last minute winner for Pompey against Man City last season, and after that they became a different team and stayed up.

I'm just thinking, could Levi's goal be that moment that galvanizes us into a play-off push?

People often talk about an event that can suddenly turn a team's fortunes around - for example when Pedro Mendes scored that last minute winner for Pompey against Man City last season, and after that they became a different team and stayed up.

I'm just thinking, could Levi's goal be that moment that galvanizes us into a play-off push?

Uuuum in a nutshell probably not. We havnt got the players to be up in the lofty hights of this league(yet) :ph34r::whistle:

:blink::blink::blink:

Yes I have had a couple, but did you really mean that?

:rolleyes:

:blink::blink::blink:

Yes I have had a couple, but did you really mean that?

:rolleyes:

You never know, everyone had totally written Pompey off but they surprised us all.

What I was getting at was that, if we can put a little run together between now and January then add a few decent players with Milan's money, confidence will be high and we should start shooting up the table. :thumbup:

You never know, everyone had totally written Pompey off but they surprised us all.

What I was getting at was that, if we can put a little run together between now and January then add a few decent players with Milan's money, confidence will be high and we should start shooting up the table. :thumbup:

While I hope you are correct, I was more perplexed by the 'play-off' bit, but hey 3 points for the first time in 6 weeks, I should let it go :thumbup:

I wish people would start being more realistic. We won't get promoted this year. Milan won't splash out on new players. If we win a few between now and January, our confidence will be high, yes. But we won't shoot up the table until May and finish top. This League isn't that easy.

I wish people would start being more realistic. We won't get promoted this year. Milan won't splash out on new players. If we win a few between now and January, our confidence will be high, yes. But we won't shoot up the table until May and finish top . This League isn't that easy.

:unsure: I never said we'd finish top.

The Premiership isn't that easy, either, but once Pompey had their 'season changing moment' they pretty much swept aside everyone they played. :thumbup:

I can think of no logical reason why it should.

From Kelly's point of view, and with a home match coming up, it just might give him the confidence to attack a game properly and with a balanced side but frankly I doubt it.

Why? Because he won with a dour display and a defence-weighted side and won't be inclined to change it very much as it brought him three precious points.

Trouble is when you have two shots in a game and only a total of five attack-minded players (in my own way of alloting points and half points) compared with seven and a half defence-minded players your luck will only hold for so long.

I've always accepted that his approach will pan out occasionally, the same as he will occasionally he'll get a hiding he didn't really deserve as against Wednesday - but basically, with his approach, the basic problems will remain.

We concede a goal a game and mostly more but fail to score often enough.

I doubt we'll match shots to goals again all season and two shots a game won't change the general trend.

:unsure: I never said we'd finish top.

The Premiership isn't that easy, either, but once Pompey had their 'season changing moment' they pretty much swept aside everyone they played. :thumbup:

They have the financial backing ;)

And I know you didnt say we'll finish top, its just my idea of beginning to shoot up the table in late December will give us enough time to finish top :D:whistle:

I still think this season will be too early though. I hope Kelly (or his successor) doesn't splash out the money ( if we get the money ). We can't afford to waste it. If we're in a secure position come late January, maybe we could bring in one or two loan players to see us through the season, then see about the transfer activity in the summer.

I'd love it to be, but sadly I don't think it will be. Without trying to take too much gloss off of the win and 3 points, we weren't very good today and were very lucky to win.

Still, confidence should be better headed into the next game (which I will be attending) and we should be able to brush past Barnsleh with relative ease. Onwards and upwards, one step at a time :D:P

Dude, Pompey had started playing well on getting Mendes, Davis, Mrurawri (dunno about spelling) spending some 8M. They were written off before that.

Nontheless, this team is above its position. It is attitude and poor management as someone else mentioned today...that we re so low down.

It's one win for goodness sake....

Why do so few people have a middle ground with their emotions, it's either doom gloom we're going to be relegated or we're going to make a playoff push.

Because we've been depressingly boringly averagely lower mid-tabley rubbish for two and a half years and people always want to sensationalise, even when we've never looked like being certainties for anything other than 16th place the whole time.

Because we've been depressingly boringly averagely lower mid-tabley rubbish for two and a half years and people always want to sensationalise, even when we've never looked like being certainties for anything other than 16th place the whole time.

Spot on Fezz-meister general

It Means:

He's scored his second goal of the season and of his first team career

We win our first away game since October 17th

We win for the first time since October 31st

We pick up 3 points

We move from 20th to 18th out of 24

Southend (18), Hull (18), Wolves (20) and Coventry (21) have now all scored less goals than us (22).

We are now only 21 out of 24 on current form (last 8) above Luton, Southend & Ipswich

I'm all for being optimistic but I think the answer is emphatically no :(

No. Its a magnificent result and now we have 2 home games to make it three wins in a row.

We will always be inconsistent under Kelly.

Enjoy the good times because there will always be bad times as long as he is in charge. we're Leicester City fans.

You have good times and bad times no matter who is in charge/owns the club/plays for the club, you stick with your team through thick and thin, you surly don't expect when a new manager comes in everything will be all rosy do you? It gonna be a long haul...

Hmm I said that when Hughes made it 1-2 with a deflected shot with 10 men against Sheff Weds..........

You have good times and bad times no matter who is in charge/owns the club/plays for the club, you stick with your team through thick and thin, you surly don't expect when a new manager comes in everything will be all rosy do you? It gonna be a long haul...

It sure is gonna be long haul but then what did people expect?

Archived