Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New manager poll

Your choice?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who should MM chose?

• Rob Kelly (Leicester)
    • Jamie Redknap
    • Ian Dowie
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Mike Newell (Luton)
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Jim Smith (Oxford)
    • Dave Penny
    • Steve Tilson (Southend)
    • Steve Cotterill (Burnley)
    • Nigel Worthington
    • Gary Johnson (Bristol City)
    • Gus Hiddink (AZ Alkamaar)
    • Lawrie Sanchez (N. Ireland)
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Nigel Pearson
    • George Graham
    • Martin Allen (M.K Dons)
    • Ian Holloway (Plymouth)
    • ALAN "I SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT MANAGER" PARDEW

Will start one again as i want to know city fans opinions after the wolves match and see how fickle some maybe!

I got some stick from some last time so before so I will include you suggestions from the previous post!

I will not try to judge the realistic chances of the candidates i will let you so vote away :thumbup:

Just been told! Ive made a little mistake Gus Hiddink should be loius van gaal sorry! :blush:

what idiot voted for Jamie Redknapp

a) No managerial experience

b) Doesn't want any, happy being a pundit

Obviously a non City fan, who just wants to go & perve at Louise for 90 minutes :thumbup:

I would not like most of the suggestions but as i said above will let the fans decide!

IF Milan Mandaric wants to replace RK, I'd like Keegan to take the job.

None of the others really inspire me all that much - well, none of the realistic targets anyway. Really, Worthington or Curbishley if not Keegan. Mostly because I know almost nothing about any other realistic alternatives.

I don't know what the chances of us getting Louis Van Gaal would be.

I do. None.

I would not be oppossed to Mike Newell, he has done an amazing job at Luton. Built a side from youth players and free signings whilst all the time having to sell his best players.

Some people would rather let the fact he turned us down before get in the way of that. Others think we are going to get the ex-Barcelona coach or tempt the ex-England coach out or retirement.

I do. None.

I would not be oppossed to Mike Newell, he has done an amazing job at Luton. Built a side from youth players and free signings whilst all the time having to sell his best players.

Some people would rather let the fact he turned us down before get in the way of that. Others think we are going to get the ex-Barcelona coach or tempt the ex-England coach out or retirement.

No.

It's the fact that Luton are hardly setting the league alight. :whistle:

No.

It's the fact that Luton are hardly setting the league alight. :whistle:

They did sell their top goal scorer and their captain in the close season. They've sold their best players at the end of every season for the past 4 or 5 seasons. When he took them over they had just narrowly avoided relegation into league 2. Despite having to persistently sell his best players, have a chairman that hates him, and relying ona youth team he has gained promotion and established Luton as a Champioship side.

Maybe not setting the world alight this season, but his record there is pretty incredible. The fact that they are one of the few teams in the division that play attractive football is also a selling point.

I am not saying he is the perfect candidate, probably just the best of anyone we are likely to get. I'm not opossed to Ian Dowie either. He has a good record in the lower leagues and is clearly a very intelligent man that thinks about his football.

I went for Martin Allen because although he is untested at this level, he has shown his potential at Brentford, getting them into the playoffs more than once and carrying them on a couple of decent cup runs, and is already doing well at MK Dons, a struggling side who had just been relegated with no money.

Plus, he's an absolute legend.

And as he's at the Dons, we'd be more likely to get him than Curbishley or Van Gaal (!!!)

There's a name missing according to GTFox of press association fame

Joe Jordan.

Where TF did that come from, oh well he's invariable wrong. :P

What are people's thoughts on Joe Jordan? :ph34r:

I take it from Nationwider's post above, he's not what you'd call keen. :P

:ph34r:

Highly regarded coach (familiar line) and has managerial experience too. His record looks reasonable with a 41% win rate over the course of 331 games (from '88 to '97, then a two-game spell at Pompey last year).

Joe Jordan @ Soccerbase.

Better than Dowie/Worthington who have 39% over 220+ games and 38% over 700+ games respectively. Obviously, points per game is probably a little more important but there you have it. :P

What are people's thoughts on Joe Jordan? :ph34r:

I take it from Nationwider's post above, he's not what you'd call keen. :P

:ph34r:

Highly regarded coach (familiar line) and has managerial experience too. His record looks reasonable with a 41% win rate over the course of 331 games (from '88 to '97, then a two-game spell at Pompey last year).

Joe Jordan @ Soccerbase.

Better than Dowie/Worthington who have 39% over 220+ games and 38% over 700+ games respectively. Obviously, points per game is probably a little more important but there you have it. :P

Apart from Hearts and discounting Portsmouth weren't they all in division 3?

Archived