Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New manager poll

Your choice?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who should MM chose?

• Rob Kelly (Leicester)
    • Jamie Redknap
    • Ian Dowie
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Mike Newell (Luton)
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Jim Smith (Oxford)
    • Dave Penny
    • Steve Tilson (Southend)
    • Steve Cotterill (Burnley)
    • Nigel Worthington
    • Gary Johnson (Bristol City)
    • Gus Hiddink (AZ Alkamaar)
    • Lawrie Sanchez (N. Ireland)
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Nigel Pearson
    • George Graham
    • Martin Allen (M.K Dons)
    • Ian Holloway (Plymouth)
    • ALAN "I SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT MANAGER" PARDEW

I'm taking bets on how long it'll take for it to be deleted. ;)

After all, there's already another manager poll out there. :P

4mins max!!!

C'mon mods!! Don't delete! This is a talking point.

Six minutes at most it took for it to be merged.

Can't blame the mods for wanting to keep it tidy, but the votes are now horrendously skewed and essentially useless. :(

Oh well. Give it two weeks and this thread will die a new one can be created! :banana:

:ph34r:

I reckon either Pardew or Keegan are the 2 options we should look at, I like Alan only because he brings a style of football that is exciting as well as successful... :)

I do reckon though that we should keep Rob as assistant for the rest of his contract, at least he can help the new manager get to know the players and then if he performs as assistant look into it, if not, send him a packing... ;)

OK, we want to be rid of a manager who has us within sniffing distance of the relegation zone.

And we want to replace him with a manager whose stats at his last club are:

Played: 163 Won: 67 Drawn: 34 Lost: 62

Have you all lost your minds? So he gets us promoted, then what? He cannot hack it in the Premiership, so we go through all the schlip of being rooted to the foot of the table again, with Pardew Out Polls, and unsettle the side with a new manager who can save us.

Madness I tell you.

OK, we want to be rid of a manager who has us within sniffing distance of the relegation zone.

Have you all lost your minds? So he gets us promoted, then what? He cannot hack it in the Premiership, so we go through all the schlip of being rooted to the foot of the table again, with Pardew Out Polls, and unsettle the side with a new manager who can save us.

Madness I tell you.

I imagine your taking the piss here, if not then i'm disturbed by your views.

Madness I tell you.

So who then? Sven? :rolleyes: Raneri? Your living in a dream world pal, A) he wont come here, If Madaric buys us we don't become Real Madrid we're on par with about 10 other clubs in this division. B) This is the man who spent 120 Million at Chelsea and couldn't win the Premier league, the man responsible for ruining Valenica, the same man who can't get the best out of a player like Marco Di Viao so **** knows how is going to sort our lot out.

Pardew's Record at West Ham this season:

Home

P16 W4 D1 L3 F8 A8

Away

P9 W0 D1 L8 F2 A16

Would our travelling fans be happy with this? I very much doubt it. And he has spend £15m getting to this stage....

If we were under Pardew, having spent £15m of Mandy's fortune, rooted to the foot of the table, there would be polls calling for Pardew to go. Tell me if I am getting this bit wrong!

He did miracles getting WHU promoted, and getting them to the FA Cup final, but then he has screwed up royally this season and spent money doing it. Remember the last manager we had who took us from a decent premiership position, with cup honours a recent memory to relegation?

I do not rate Pardew in the Premiership, I cannot state this clearly enough. We have had far too many managers recently, what we need is stability. We need a manager to take over from RK who will get us up to the Prem and keep us there.

I do not have the answers, all I am saying is that Pardew is not the answer.

Home

P16 W4 D1 L3 F8 A8

Away

P9 W0 D1 L8 F2 A16

Would our travelling fans be happy with this? I very much doubt it. And he has spend £15m getting to this stage....

If we were under Pardew, having spent £15m of Mandy's fortune, rooted to the foot of the table, there would be polls calling for Pardew to go. Tell me if I am getting this bit wrong!

He did miracles getting WHU promoted, and getting them to the FA Cup final, but then he has screwed up royally this season and spent money doing it. Remember the last manager we had who took us from a decent premiership position, with cup honours a recent memory to relegation?

I do not rate Pardew in the Premiership, I cannot state this clearly enough. We have had far too many managers recently, what we need is stability. We need a manager to take over from RK who will get us up to the Prem and keep us there.

How do you know Pardew is not the answer? If you want to flannel us with stats then look at his record before this season. All managers have a bad patch as a manager, luckily for Pardew his record before this season is very good and for a club like Leicester it would be a massive coup if we got him (not that we will). His time at West Ham consists of 2 play-off finals, one lost, one won, a 9th place Premiership place, FA Cup finalist and a place in Europe. Half a season that's been pretty poor but easily turned around given time. I seem to recall a period of time where O'Neill was up against it in his 4th season at Leicester, we couldn't buy a win in the league but managed to keep scraping by in the cup. Did our board get rid then? No, they kept with him as his record before hand spoke for itself.

Ok, so Pardew's not your cup of tea but your reasons why are laughable.

Home

P16 W4 D1 L3 F8 A8

Away

P9 W0 D1 L8 F2 A16

Where has that 15 Million pound figure come from? he's spent 5 million on disclosed transfers 2 of which has recuperated from selling players.

West Ham started the season well but it all went tits up when those argies were bought in by whoever it was, then he had the take over to deal with as well as a early exit in the UEFA cup against to a very good side. He's not been given sufficient time to turn around a bad start to the season.

You can't even name any one better so what’s your point? Good managers don't grow on trees. And the few that are out there wont be interested in coming to Leicester just because we have a average transferee budget.

Madness I tell you.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion? he finished 9th last season and this season has been dogged by takeover talks and the arrival of the Argies was exceptionaly disruptive, especially as i beleive it wasn't his decision to bring them in.

Archived