Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New manager poll

Your choice?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who should MM chose?

• Rob Kelly (Leicester)
    • Jamie Redknap
    • Ian Dowie
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Mike Newell (Luton)
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Jim Smith (Oxford)
    • Dave Penny
    • Steve Tilson (Southend)
    • Steve Cotterill (Burnley)
    • Nigel Worthington
    • Gary Johnson (Bristol City)
    • Gus Hiddink (AZ Alkamaar)
    • Lawrie Sanchez (N. Ireland)
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Nigel Pearson
    • George Graham
    • Martin Allen (M.K Dons)
    • Ian Holloway (Plymouth)
    • ALAN "I SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT MANAGER" PARDEW

Apart from Hearts and discounting Portsmouth weren't they all in division 3?

This is no place for logical arguments like that. We at FoxesTalk care not what level people play or manage at. :D

:ph34r:

In all seriousness, I couldn't tell you to be fair. lol

Bristol '88 to '90 (probably fair to assume that was D3)

Stoke '93/'94 (who knows?)

Bristol again from '94 to '97 (who knows?)

I'll try find out. :D

This is no place for logical arguments like that. We at FoxesTalk care not what level people play or manage at. :D

:ph34r:

In all seriousness, I couldn't tell you to be fair. lol

Bristol '88 to '90 (probably fair to assume that was D3)

Stoke '93/'94 (who knows?)

Bristol again from '94 to '97 (who knows?)

I'll try find out. :D

not to worry it was more rhetorical thananything :P I don't think logic was on my mind at all.

Bristol City (87-90) 'old' Division 3.

He steered them to second place in D3 in the 89/90 season, thus promoted. He didn't leave until September '90 (ie. into the 90/91 season in D2).

Stoke (93/94 season) was in this division (Championship level, that is). He was there from November '93 to September '94. Mid-table finish, the year Palace, Forest and ourselves gained promotion. :santa:

Bristol (94/95) relegated from this league (Championship now, Division One) - Joined in November '94 and failed to keep them in the division.

Bristol (95/96 and 96/97) remains in Division Two. Playoffs in '97 but failed to gain promotion. Joe Jordan had left in March '97.

What division are we in?

Short term thinking got us into trouble before. Let's get a manager who would be good for more than one season - having to replace a manager just after we get promoted would be unsettling.

Curbs or the Tinkerman for me I think.

PS - got a new avatar just for you Luckydo...

Short term thinking got us into trouble before. Let's get a manager who would be good for more than one season - having to replace a manager just after we get promoted would be unsettling.

Curbs or the Tinkerman for me I think.

PS - got a new avatar just for you Luckydo...

Brilliant. :thumbsup:

That leaves me the option of using the badgers/spoons one. :ph34r:

:kissing:

Yes Yes Yes!

Has been mentioned before in another topic.

He should definitely be in the poll.

What are people's thoughts on Pardew? I know Manwell dislikes him. :P:ph34r:

As far as I'm concerned, if he got the sack at WestHam and he was willing to come here I say that MM [touches wood] should get him in... he be an excellent choice and realistic IMHO had he just got the boot at WestHam, in contrast to Curbs.

As far as I'm concerned, if he (Pardew) got the sack at WestHam and he was willing to come here I say that MM [touches wood] should get him in... he be an excellent choice and realistic IMHO had he just got the boot at WestHam, in contrast to Curbs.

Why oh why oh why would we want to employ a manager who is sacked for not being good enough in the Prem?? Look at West Ham's form, is that what we want in the Premiership? Is it much different from our own form?

I think either Curbs or Tinkerman. If we are gonna have a sacked manager, lets have one who was sacked for not winning the Premiership Title....

Oh and Dave Penny is at Darlington to now. Me thinks not enough thought has gone into this poll :whistle:

I got loads of stick on the last poll so I took the names that were suggested in the last poll, but you can only put 20 on so there would have been more.

I got loads of stick on the last poll so I took the names that were suggested in the last poll, but you can only put 20 on so there would have been more.

I'm not complaining about the number of managers, I'm complaining about you not knowing where each one is employed :D:P

I'm not complaining about the number of managers, I'm complaining about you not knowing where each one is employed :D:P

Of course you are, and why not? It saves you having to rack your brain for an orginal idea.

I think Pardew could be a realistic target if/when Kelly leaves, there's not many Premier clubs in need of a manager (if they'd want him), with the exception of Charlton but they'll be down here anyway next season, we can't be that much of an unattractive prospect - big stadium, relatively high crowds, having Mandaric will at give a manager at little leeway in the players to look at. And I don't think he's a bad manager at all.

Archived