Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New manager poll

Your choice?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who should MM chose?

• Rob Kelly (Leicester)
    • Jamie Redknap
    • Ian Dowie
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Mike Newell (Luton)
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Jim Smith (Oxford)
    • Dave Penny
    • Steve Tilson (Southend)
    • Steve Cotterill (Burnley)
    • Nigel Worthington
    • Gary Johnson (Bristol City)
    • Gus Hiddink (AZ Alkamaar)
    • Lawrie Sanchez (N. Ireland)
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Nigel Pearson
    • George Graham
    • Martin Allen (M.K Dons)
    • Ian Holloway (Plymouth)
    • ALAN "I SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT MANAGER" PARDEW

Ric, are you seriously suggesting that our fans would give him time to turn things around if he put us into this position?

It's a good question, but an irrelevant one really. Because it could be said with all potential managers coming here. If they were to put us in the 'shit' would the fans still be behind them? If that's what your basing it on and you think our fans wouldn't then what's the point in us ever getting another manager. Our fans have very rarely been wrong about a manager. Other than their treatment of O'Neill, whicxh to be fair was quite understandable and was more based at our board anyway. Adams, Levein, Basset and Taylor all of them have hardly gone on to set the world alight have they? And none of them were forced out ridiculously early either other than perhaps Adams but he wanted to go anyway and had lost the plot hence the fans getting bewildered.

I want Pardew due to his managerial record and the football he likes to install. Plus he likes to have a core of young players in his team and preferrably British based players, which I like. I don't select my choice for managers on the basis of whether i'd back them if they got us in the shit.

My point is, going for the best of a bad bunch is not always a good idea.

I just don't get a good feeling about him, and I know our fans wouldn't stand for the record he currently has at WHU.

Kelly has also had a take over deal headache, hasn't had money to spend on transfers and you could argue has had a bad start to the season. Pardew has spent £15.1m, ok he has recouped that, but it shows he can't buy sensibly.

Reo Coker had a strop and threw his shirt off when subbed against Liverpool and AP threatened to drop him. Never happened.

He is a nice bloke, but like many nice blokes in football he got let down and $hat on by the primadonnas in the changing room. It happens here with each manager we have had since MON, and will happen again with Pardew.

I just don't get a good feeling about him, and I know our fans wouldn't stand for the record he currently has at WHU.

Kelly has also had a take over deal headache, hasn't had money to spend on transfers and you could argue has had a bad start to the season. Pardew has spent £15.1m, ok he has recouped that, but it shows he can't buy sensibly.

Reo Coker had a strop and threw his shirt off when subbed against Liverpool and AP threatened to drop him. Never happened.

He is a nice bloke, but like many nice blokes in football he got let down and $hat on by the primadonnas in the changing room. It happens here with each manager we have had since MON, and will happen again with Pardew.

You raise some good points, but the chap has a good record at this level and has proven he can cut it in the Premiership, albeit only one seasons worth of proof.

As I say, you've pulled 15.1 million out of your arse, he only disclosed 5 million pounds worth of transferes so the rest is blatent guess work.

He's proven he can manage at this level, he took West ham to 9th in the Prem and the FA cup final, he's record at West Ham is good. Your man point is extremly flawed, our fans would not be calling for his head if we were in West Hams position currently. We'd be happy to be in the Prem.

Pardews clearly been sacked in favour of Curbishley. Had it not been for Curbs availibilty I'm sure if he would of been given time to turn it around and and would of managed 15th at least.

All managers have spats with their players and they deal with it in their own way, look at this mess Kelly has got us in. Fighting on the training pitches, players being dropped for mouthing off etc etc.

Their aren't many managers currently in this country with a record as good as Pardews who are also proven at this level. And those that are, are out of our reach.

And we want to replace him with a manager whose stats at his last club are:

Played: 163 Won: 67 Drawn: 34 Lost: 62

----------------Played Won Drawn Lost

West Ham ---163 ---67 ----- 38 ----58

Reading----- -212--- 102 --- 53 ----57

His record at West Ham is better than what you say, and he had a great record at reading too, what other managers could we realistically get that have this good of a record?

How do you know Pardew is not the answer? If you want to flannel us with stats then look at his record before this season. All managers have a bad patch as a manager, luckily for Pardew his record before this season is very good and for a club like Leicester it would be a massive coup if we got him (not that we will). His time at West Ham consists of 2 play-off finals, one lost, one won, a 9th place Premiership place, FA Cup finalist and a place in Europe. Half a season that's been pretty poor but easily turned around given time. I seem to recall a period of time where O'Neill was up against it in his 4th season at Leicester, we couldn't buy a win in the league but managed to keep scraping by in the cup. Did our board get rid then? No, they kept with him as his record before hand spoke for itself.

Ok, so Pardew's not your cup of tea but your reasons why are laughable.

was also impressive at reading.

Archived