Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
amitoo

Richard Stearman!

You're right Manwell.

As regards Dodds.. I do find the situation very strange. Having said that RK has shown he is not averse to giving youngsters a go. Porter has had an extended run for one thing whilst the progression of Chambers and Odihambo has been recognised with short cup appearances.

In addition, players such as Dodds/Sheehan etc have at times had places on the bench. RK just clearly believes that they are not good enough for the first XI. Whether he is right or wrong - I don't know... but it's not an anti-youth thing.

This is it some of them still might :unsure: I'm a believer that players should play in the youth team until they are to old to do so and then be introduced to the first team set up ala Monsieur Porter. It works well it stops prevents burning players out to early (Micheal Owen, Kieran Dyer) Gradel & King have got every chance of making it at this club just not yet, maybe next season.

Sheehan will be gone to a League Two team at the end of the season and thats where he will spend his career. He isn't good enough.

Dodds also will be gone and seeing as no one even wants to take him on loan (which I find extremly strange) the future doesn't look bright, I think it's a shame the he'll leave without having played a game seeing as he's "the most natural finisher" at the club and has a impressive youth/reserve level scoring record but cest la vie. Fryatt and Hume are better IMO. He could still carve out a decent career at this level possible at this level but we as a club have done him no favours, when he finally makes his football league debut he'll be knocking on 21.

League teams are reluctant to take Dodds on loan because there's nowhere they can see him play to evaluate his current level of fitness and ability.

And the club are concerned because his contract is running out.

What a shambles and what an unforgivable waste of ability.

True, O'Neill even got Grayson playing well.

Stearman needs to buck his ideas up though.

It is such an important point you touch on. Some managers get the very best out of almost everyone. Others can't get the much out of even their best players.

It is only an idea but I sometimes wonder if Kelly is too much of a coach. You can explain ideas, conduct practise plays give instructions but not stand back and say to the lads, just go play some football.

I always get the impression MON is simple in his approach. He won't be around too much to become over familiar at the cost of his impact and he just wants individual players to do whatever it is they are good at.

Anything else they manage is a bonus.

Perhaps I'm wrong but Kelly seems to want add ons from everyone. They are all expected to do so much and because we don't push up tight as a unit the gaps between different sections of the team mean it's damned hard work and costs players their edge in places where they ought to be most effective

MON used people's strengths. We don't seem to get the very best out of anyone. Stearman, Maybury, McCarthy, Fryatt, Williams, Johnson, Hughes - have any of those been as good as they can be?

Why? Is it the team, the tactics, the demands, the level of inspiration? I don't think it's cos they're not trying.

But we need to find out and to return to getting the best out of everyone.

If they were good enough, they'd have made it.

Do you genuinely think that there is a conspiracy to prevent them playing?

Would it really do them any favours to be thrown in to a team with no ideas, no confidence, run by an idiot?

One and three I agree with and whilst there is no conspiracy, there is RK's paralysis in front of poor performances that is conspiring against these players getting a fair chance. ;):thumbup:

Archived