Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
amitoo

Richard Stearman!

I don't want to sell him per se.

Problem is, at some point we'll inevitably sell one of our players out of necessity - with or without Mandaric, perhaps.

Stearman is one of the more lucrative sale options for the club - so if a decision is taken to sell a player, it would not surprise me one iota if it was Stearman who went.

I'd prefer to keep young talent, but at some point we'll sell some of it. :ph34r:

I don't want to sell him per se.

Problem is, at some point we'll inevitably sell one of our players out of necessity - with or without Mandaric, perhaps.

Stearman is one of the more lucrative sale options for the club - so if a decision is taken to sell a player, it would not surprise me one iota if it was Stearman who went.

I'd prefer to keep young talent, but at some point we'll sell some of it. :ph34r:

I know what your saying but the timing may well be different. If Stearman is as good as a lot of fansd think he is (myself included) then inevitably he will be courted by premiership clubs (he already has been). If the MM deal goes through then it's likely we could keep him for a while longer and I think Rich would be happy to stay. If we then put together a decent team ourselves and got promotion then it would lead to Stearman being in the public eye much more and if he cut it at that level with us, then it's very likely one of the bigger clubs would stump us a hefty fee for him. So although it's inevitable if they are as good as we think, we should hold out as much as possible to get the best price and deal for us.

However, if the take-over goes tits up, then he'll be gone by the summer.

I know what your saying but the timing may well be different. If Stearman is as good as a lot of fansd think he is (myself included) then inevitably he will be courted by premiership clubs (he already has been). If the MM deal goes through then it's likely we could keep him for a while longer and I think Rich would be happy to stay. If we then put together a decent team ourselves and got promotion then it would lead to Stearman being in the public eye much more and if he cut it at that level with us, then it's very likely one of the bigger clubs would stump us a hefty fee for him. So although it's inevitable if they are as good as we think, we should hold out as much as possible to get the best price and deal for us.

However, if the take-over goes tits up, then he'll be gone by the summer.

True that.

I'm sure he'd be up for an extended stay with the club he's been a part of for many moons - I wouldn't say no.

Thing is, with all the rumours about hidden debts and funny numbers in the club accounts, I'm wondering if a possible player-sale will be sooner rather than later. Just a thought/worry... I'm not inclined to believe everything I read until something concrete is said by either party.

Here is a scenario:

You are a high ranking Executive at a football club in the midst of a potential takeover, one where you have a few shares tied up in. It becomes apparent that you are out on your ear if this deal goes through and although you'll get a dividend it won't be close to the annual salary you pull at present.

So while you are trying to protect yourself and stay in situe you realise that should the takeover go belly up then, yes you'll still have a job but the prospect of administration looms large so in order to stave it off you sell the family silver.

Problem is the family silver is needed to keep you in the division otherwise it is good night Vienna for the whole Club.

Firstly, what will this Executive do and secondly and more to the point what would you do?

The guy gets better and better, apart from his first little drop in form which he's now climbed out of. If he goes, it needs to be for a sh*tload of cash and a 25-30% sell of clause. 1.5 million is probably fair, though the rest of the transfer market is pretty inflated.

I do hope MM comes in and saves us having to offload him, though. I'd rather try and get a bit of money for Maybury if we need to sell.

Personally I think 750k is vastly underselling Stearman. I don't want him to go anyway as in my opinion he is one of our best players who will only get better.

Besides I thought that the FT said that the board had a price in mind higher than that anyway? (Although that might have changed in the last 6 months and with our form on the pitch/need for money to settle debts.)

If £1m gets offered.......sell! :thumbup:

Agree, for his sake MON would get the best out of him, we are a club who will be poached from, who will be forced to sell their most promising players, let's not kid ourselves. 1 mill plus add ons would be good, we have cover for him and quite frankly it'd be great to see him nurtured and be developed by a top manager. My only concern is what Kelly would do with the money. :cry:

Agree, for his sake MON would get the best out of him, we are a club who will be poached from, who will be forced to sell their most promising players, let's not kid ourselves. 1 mill plus add ons would be good, we have cover for him and quite frankly it'd be great to see him nurtured and be developed by a top manager. My only concern is what Kelly would do with the money. :cry:

Indeed young man! Couldn't have put it better myself! ;)

I've never been able to solve a problem like Stearman.

He seems to make some calamity mistakes in games sometimes (probably more this season) which almost angers the crowd but yet he's spoken about as being linked with Premiership clubs like Aston Villa and a very good prospect of a player.

I also dont believe right back is a good position for him and he is almost 'wasted' at right back. However, I wouldnt play him on the right wing and I wouldnt want to play him in centre mid.

So I say pat the lad on the back, say well done for getting a premiership wage packet for the next 10 years, enjoy the Martin O'Neill experience and we cash in. :)

I think don't think Stearman's quality is really an issue - when we've got Premiership clubs coming in for him it's clear he's rated well by the Pros even if the fans like to moan about him. A 19 year old defender is only going to get better, too. Well, more than likely, unless he breaks a leg or something.

oh come of it , after CL left they were on a run against the odds and survived.

fryatt , stearman etc., played some good stuff.

this season they have not performed as last and a valid question would be why?

Well, I'm sure I heard an interview with Fryatt at the end of last season and his wife/girlfriend had either just had a baby or was having one soon. It is possible that this has distracted him off the field and has effected his performances on the field.

There were also people who said Stearman was seen out looking quite drunk on a few occasions around the start of the season, I think just after or before a couple of games?

The manager can't control everything the players do. They're not babies. They're highly paid young men who have a lot of time to waste after training and in between games. There are any number of things, that could affect their performances, that are just as likely to be the problem behind their dips in form as poor management. Maybe even the departure of Gudjonsson in the case of Fryatt? Who knows?!

On the topic of Stearman, I think he's better than he's shown this season but not as good as a lot of people felt when he first broke into the first team. Figures of above £2million+ are said whilst viewing through blue-tinted spectacles by some. When you look at the value of other players in this division, £1million would be a figure difficult to turn down for a club in our position financially. It would be a good deal for everyone involved imo.

poeple are far to eager to find excuses for both the players and management who are all being payed well and if they are not doing the business then they are all to blame to some degree.

ultimately if our younger players are out getting legless to a degree it is affecting their games then the management and higher at the club have a responsibility to sort the problem out.

if i was turning up to work pissed or not able to do my job through partying id soon be in the office and then out on my ear.

Here is a scenario:

You are a high ranking Executive at a football club in the midst of a potential takeover, one where you have a few shares tied up in. It becomes apparent that you are out on your ear if this deal goes through and although you'll get a dividend it won't be close to the annual salary you pull at present.

So while you are trying to protect yourself and stay in situe you realise that should the takeover go belly up then, yes you'll still have a job but the prospect of administration looms large so in order to stave it off you sell the family silver.

Problem is the family silver is needed to keep you in the division otherwise it is good night Vienna for the whole Club.

Firstly, what will this Executive do and secondly and more to the point what would you do?

I'd make damn sure the take-over went through and that the club was in the hands of a more equipped person than the current shower. If I had £50,000 shares in the club (even with my finances in the state they are now) i'd still give them up for Milan Mandaric. I can understand why some want the money back and fair enough, but if the take-over doesn't go through and things go as badly as feared on here. Then the shares will be worth nothing anyway and the shareholders will get nowt back. At least in the first scenario the club will have a better chance of success than if we go bust again. That's what it boils down to.

Anyway, they aren't getting nothing for their stake. They are getting half upfront and the rest subject to various outcomes. So even if the various outcomes are unlikely, they are still getting half their money most never expected to get back. If some shareholders want ALL their stake back, then the shareholders who have gone on record to say they never expected a penny back can give their shares up for free and the money saved can be used to pay the miserable bastards off in full.

Good night Vienna.

Archived