Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
amitoo

Richard Stearman!

ok in your opinion, which of the two players is more likely to have the most caps for England?

I think if Micah Richards never played again for England that would be more times than Stearman.

I would say it's looking like Micah Richards. But that doesn't mean Stearman hasn't got potential to be a good player/possible England player. Last season he was excellent, this season i'm not going to make excuses for him, he's been poor. If that doesn't change soon, then his career could be lost or at least stagnate. If there is one man who could turn him in to a super star then it's O'Neill. Judging on what i've seen of him, I think he's a great tackler, a great passer and can read the game well. Unfortunately this season the above hasn't been seen. But in 40+ games before this season he did show his potential and with O'Neill's track record a player like Stearman could easily be knocked in to shape.

I would say it's looking like Micah Richards. But that doesn't mean Stearman hasn't got potential to be a good player/possible England player. Last season he was excellent, this season i'm not going to make excuses for him, he's been poor. If that doesn't change soon, then his career could be lost or at least stagnate. If there is one man who could turn him in to a super star then it's O'Neill. Judging on what i've seen of him, I think he's a great tackler, a great passer and can read the game well. Unfortunately this season the above hasn't been seen. But in 40+ games before this season he did show his potential and with O'Neill's track record a player like Stearman could easily be knocked in to shape.

True, O'Neill even got Grayson playing well.

Stearman needs to buck his ideas up though.

Not particularly bothered.

I'm not getting too attached to any of the younger players because if they're any good they'll be sold at some point - with or without Mandaric. :(

Stearman is the most valuable of the younger lads at the minute, so if he gets sold he gets sold - I just hope we get a fair price for him.

you may want to read this - if lcfc get this do u really think this will help the club financially at least double that should do the trick

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=22405

O'Neill is eyeing Foxes youngster Richard Stearman and aims to prise the fullback away from Walkers stadium with a £750,000 offer during the winter market next month.

what do you lot say to that ehh?????

Some of these comments are stunning. A poor season compared to last season admittedly, but he's been shifted all over the park because of Kelly's failure to put together a half decent midfield, and yet he's still been one of our better players.

We won't sign a replacement if he leaves, we'll be stuck with Maybury or Kenton filling in ( now THAT is average at best ), who will neither create or score goals like Stearman has done on a regular basis for us.

He's not near ready for the Premiership yet but I firmly believe he will be a regular Premiership player within a couple of years, under the proper guidance. His indifferent form this season says that he needs another season in the Championship, preferably in a positive Leicester City team that isn't battling relegation. :angry:

Some of these comments are stunning. A poor season compared to last season admittedly, but he's been shifted all over the park because of Kelly's failure to put together a half decent midfield, and yet he's still been one of our better players.

We won't sign a replacement if he leaves, we'll be stuck with Maybury or Kenton filling in ( now THAT is average at best ), who will neither create or score goals like Stearman has done on a regular basis for us.

He's not near ready for the Premiership yet but I firmly believe he will be a regular Premiership player within a couple of years, under the proper guidance. His indifferent form this season says that he needs another season in the Championship, preferably in a positive Leicester City team that isn't battling relegation. :angry:

I dont think he's any better than Maybury or Kenton at right back, there all about the same but Stearman has 'potential' people say.

It all depends on outlook. Personally, I see us as an average to poor championship team who need a few decent players in some rather key positions.

Maybury is a half-decent championship fullback who is more than adequate for this league, so with Kenton as understudy, I would be happy to let Stearman go for a good sum of money (hopefully over 1 million with money based on appearances, etc) to be reinvested in some midfielders.

I dont think he's any better than Maybury or Kenton at right back, there all about the same but Stearman has 'potential' people say.

He also scores and creates more goals than Maybury and Kenton do. So that should put him in ahead of those two anyway. Neither Maybury or Kenton can get forward very well and with us having a centre back at left back, it's pretty essential we have a right back capable of getting forward and helping out in attack. That shouldn't be under-estimated.

It all depends on outlook. Personally, I see us as an average to poor championship team who need a few decent players in some rather key positions.

Maybury is a half-decent championship fullback who is more than adequate for this league, so with Kenton as understudy, I would be happy to let Stearman go for a good sum of money (hopefully over 1 million with money based on appearances, etc) to be reinvested in some midfielders.

But that money won't be re-invested unless the take-over goes ahead and we would have some money to play with anyway. If the take-over doesn't happen, then we'll have to sell to cover the interest on our stadium for next season. Stearman is rated at £1-1.5 million, the exact amount we need for the ground. So we'd be lucky if we'd be allowed to bring anyone in on loan.

Chill.

He's not fu cking leaving!

Winds me up though how people write off a player so easily. I don't mind if a certain player hasn't ever shown signs of being any good ala Hammond, Low, etc. But Stearman has been Young Player of The Year 2 seasons on the bounce and is a very good prospect, who so happens to be having his first dodgy spell as a player. Is that grounds to **** him off? It's not as if we're blessed with talent to replace him.

Winds me up though how people write off a player so easily. I don't mind if a certain player hasn't ever shown signs of being any good ala Hammond, Low, etc. But Stearman has been Young Player of The Year 2 seasons on the bounce and is a very good prospect, who so happens to be having his first dodgy spell as a player. Is that grounds to **** him off? It's not as if we're blessed with talent to replace him.

He's one of our best players, one of the only ones who could cut it in the prem if we ever get back there and he's not leaving.

Who would make the decision? RK? Who's going to back him to do so? The current board? MM?

He's going nowhere.

Exactly what i feel about stearman.

He won't become a rubbish player overnight. And lately he seems to have found his old self again. Plus he is a Leicester fan (which can only help) :)

He's one of our best players, one of the only ones who could cut it in the prem if we ever get back there and he's not leaving.

Who would make the decision? RK? Who's going to back him to do so? The current board? MM?

He's going nowhere.

TNBD and Ronald will be expecting their annual bonus, they'll do the deal.

Archived