Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
amitoo

Richard Stearman!

He's only hoofing it because Rob 'mastermind' Kelly is instructing him to do so I suspect.

Any chance to slate Kelly eh?

Personally, Stearman hasn't progressed as well as he should have this season - for whatever reason. If a substantial bid came (£1million), I'd sell him. We have Maybury and Kenton who could easily replace Stearman at right back.

Although I've not seen many games this season, Stearman hasn't impressed me much. He was our poorest player again against Barnsley and got torn to pieces by their winger in the first half. His distribution has also deteriorated alarmingly.

Right back is one of the few positions we are well covered for - and Stearman is one of our few 'wanted' players. If we need to sell a player to secure ourselves financially, I'd rather it be Stearman than the likes of Kisnorbo, Hume, Fryatt etc.

Personally, Stearman hasn't progressed as well as he should have this season - for whatever reason. If a substantial bid came (£1million), I'd sell him. We have Maybury and Kenton who could easily replace Stearman at right back.

Although I've not seen many games this season, Stearman hasn't impressed me much. He was our poorest player again against Barnsley and got torn to pieces by their winger in the first half. His distribution has also deteriorated alarmingly.

Right back is one of the few positions we are well covered for - and Stearman is one of our few 'wanted' players. If we need to sell a player to secure ourselves financially, I'd rather it be Stearman than the likes of Kisnorbo, Hume, Fryatt etc.

You'd rather sell Stearman than Fryatt. :blink: I just can't see how you can justify that statement.

This is the 1st ever thread i have ever start on a forum, do you my leicester city family think i have well??

Richard Stearman will stay, he wants to stay, and i think a bit of 3mill i would sell him for because he is only 19 and he has alot talent.

Here's a scenario for you...

Mandaric discovers an overdraft...'I'm not copping that' he says. So, he comes to an understanding with the board that they flog a player off to cover the debt - and so they get the stigma of selling a player liked by the fans and it isn't associated with him...hence the delay in doing the deal in order to reinforce the link between Stears going and the old board.

Impossible?

Here's a scenario for you...

Mandaric discovers an overdraft...'I'm not copping that' he says. So, he comes to an understanding with the board that they flog a player off to cover the debt - and so they get the stigma of selling a player liked by the fans and it isn't associated with him...hence the delay in doing the deal in order to reinforce the link between Stears going and the old board.

Impossible?

I would say it depends on whether he thinks Dicky is a key part to the successful development of the club - if he does it would be like cutting his nose off to spite his face.

It would also make me feel less inclined to welcome him with open arms because there's a whole pile of shitty players that need to be out the door before you even look at Dicky.

We can't afford (not specifically from a cash point of view) wholesale changes, but do need some major surgery without cutting out one of the key organs of the team just to spite the board.

I would say it depends on whether he thinks Dicky is a key part to the successful development of the club - if he does it would be like cutting his nose off to spite his face.

It would also make me feel less inclined to welcome him with open arms because there's a whole pile of shitty players that need to be out the door before you even look at Dicky.

We can't afford (not specifically from a cash point of view) wholesale changes, but do need some major surgery without cutting out one of the key organs of the team just to spite the board.

Yes, all well and good in theory. But how many of those players are actually wanted by other clubs.

The likes of Sylla, De Vries, Tiatto, O'Grady, Johnson etc aren't going to be 'sold' - nobody will buy them. So Stearman is one of the very few players in our squad that will command a substantial fee.

Yes, all well and good in theory. But how many of those players are actually wanted by other clubs.

The likes of Sylla, De Vries, Tiatto, O'Grady, Johnson etc aren't going to be 'sold' - nobody will buy them. So Stearman is one of the very few players in our squad that will demand a substantial fee.

My comments were made with the view of MM taking over as implied in the context of Dave's 'suggestion' thus MM wouldn't need to sell players as he would be wanting to build. I never suggested the ones that need to go would command a fee, but they still need to be removed if this club is to progress under MM.

I doubt he'd be interested in letting Stearman go just to have a go at the current board, as I say if he did that from my perspective I'd not want him here.

I doubt he'd be interested in letting Stearman go just to have a go at the current board, as I say if he did that from my perspective I'd not want him here.

No, not to have a go at them...to save himself some cash coming in. The board get a share price that was previously agreed, he gets a clean bank balance. They cop the responsibility for the sale in return for a fixed share value ("It was a decision we had to make in the best interests of the club before the sale of the club had been finalised").

Obviously, this is just paranoid conjecture. :D

Or is it? :ph34r:

Well said.. :thumbup:

No, not to have a go at them...to save himself some cash coming in. The board get a share price that was previously agreed, he gets a clean bank balance. They cop the responsibility for the sale in return for a fixed share value ("It was a decision we had to make in the best interests of the club before the sale of the club had been finalised").

Obviously, this is just paranoid conjecture. :D

Or is it? :ph34r:

you've got me thinking now. :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

I wish Villa had put and offer in for him.

Would have bit their hand off.

I would have thought that money-bags Keano at Sunderland would have come in for him again? Lets hope he gets a run in the side and starts to fill that potential with us as he is a good un if he knuckles down.

He's not Irish.

Yeah he loves an Irishman alright does Keano, but he occasionally slips up like he did with Dwight Yorke. I think he plays Nosworthy at RB since Hoyte returned to Arsenal and I suppose as RS hasnt been playing that much he didnt make an offer.

BTW, an interesting bit from Wikipedia about Stearman..

"Stearman, who is equally adept at playing at right-back or centre-back, is seen as having a bright future by many at Leicester. He signed his first professional contract in 2004, keeping him at the club until 2007."

Is he out of contract this summer too??

Yeah he loves an Irishman alright does Keano, but he occasionally slips up like he did with Dwight Yorke. I think he plays Nosworthy at RB since Hoyte returned to Arsenal and I suppose as RS hasnt been playing that much he didnt make an offer.

BTW, an interesting bit from Wikipedia about Stearman..

"Stearman, who is equally adept at playing at right-back or centre-back, is seen as having a bright future by many at Leicester. He signed his first professional contract in 2004, keeping him at the club until 2007."

Is he out of contract this summer too??

Stearmans stuck here till 2009 unfortunatley for him.

These lads are a close bunch and there'll be no sympathy for Kelly having sidelined Dodds, O'Grady, Sheehan, even Stearman this season and offered no footballing alternatives, not even a place on the bench in some cases.

Bringing loanees in wouldn't have helped the atmosphere either.

Imagine how Gradel feels now Yeates has arrived. Or Dodds now that fading star Horsfield has followed Cadamarteri onto the scene.

Imagine what it's like for Sheehan to see Nils or Kenton skinned at left-back, the team get walloped and still not even get on the bench?.

Stearman has been pissed about all season yet should be blazing a trail down the right in a genuinely young/hungry side. Sheehan should be on the other side, or Mattock.

King should be in midfield and Dodds on the bench. Even 15-18 goals a season Gradel has not got a look-in while goalless Low, Sylla, Hughes and now loanee Yeates have had their chance.

But these lads are not in the side or even on the bench getting chances.

The places have gone to Chosen Men and loanees and it won't breed harmony. Especially if they keep playing so badly as has been the case all season.

Horsfield and Cademarteri wouldn't match Dodds for goals in a season, none of our midfielders are in King's class as attackers and yet we languish near the foot of the League.

As an Academy team Leicester's youngsters are used to a certain style and are used to winning.

Those players should be starting to form the basis of our team now but have mostly been sidelined at a vital stage of their careers and for no good reason.

If Stearman does move he will for sure be in a position to alert his new club to the best of our other talent.

And if he gets decent opportunities it won't be long before those others smell the coffee.

We've missed a huge opportunity this season to move forwards with our young players. And what have we achieved?. A goal a game, a totally disjointed side and the prospects of a real scrap for survival.

Stearman will be refocused if he joins O'Neil and we won't easily get a replacement. Lack of vision I'm afraid. But it's probably too late now.

These lads are a close bunch and there'll be no sympathy for Kelly having sidelined Dodds, O'Grady, Sheehan, even Stearman this season and offered no footballing alternatives, not even a place on the bench in some cases.

Bringing loanees in wouldn't have helped the atmosphere either.

Imagine how Gradel feels now Yeates has arrived. Or Dodds now that fading star Horsfield has followed Cadamarteri onto the scene.

Imagine what it's like for Sheehan to see Nils or Kenton skinned at left-back, the team get walloped and still not even get on the bench?.

Stearman has been pissed about all season yet should be blazing a trail down the right in a genuinely young/hungry side. Sheehan should be on the other side, or Mattock.

King should be in midfield and Dodds on the bench. Even 15-18 goals a season Gradel has not got a look-in while goalless Low, Sylla, Hughes and now loanee Yeates have had their chance.

But these lads are not in the side or even on the bench getting chances.

The places have gone to Chosen Men and loanees and it won't breed harmony. Especially if they keep playing so badly as has been the case all season.

Horsfield and Cademarteri wouldn't match Dodds for goals in a season, none of our midfielders are in King's class as attackers and yet we languish near the foot of the League.

As an Academy team Leicester's youngsters are used to a certain style and are used to winning.

Those players should be starting to form the basis of our team now but have mostly been sidelined at a vital stage of their careers and for no good reason.

If Stearman does move he will for sure be in a position to alert his new club to the best of our other talent.

And if he gets decent opportunities it won't be long before those others smell the coffee.

We've missed a huge opportunity this season to move forwards with our young players. And what have we achieved?. A goal a game, a totally disjointed side and the prospects of a real scrap for survival.

Stearman will be refocused if he joins O'Neil and we won't easily get a replacement. Lack of vision I'm afraid. But it's probably too late now.

I know, they've got enough on their plate having to deal with being shit and now this, basterd that Rob Kelly, utter basterd. :D

If they were good enough, they'd have made it.

Do you genuinely think that there is a conspiracy to prevent them playing?

Would it really do them any favours to be thrown in to a team with no ideas, no confidence, run by an idiot?

I think you've become a bit blinkered about it all Thracian. Look at the bigger picture... he has brought in players who know what they're doing at this level. In a dogfight, that is often what you need.

It's like with Porter... he has good games and bad games.. but even when he is poor- you won't accept it and still award him higher marks than anyone else. At what age will Porter suddenly become one of Kelly's 'favourites' and therefore part of the problem rather than the solution? That's what intrigues me!

All of the players in our team were young once... I just wonder at which point they go from being the answer... to being the problem.

You are right about Stearman's performance this season. And I have yet to find good reason for his slump in form apart from his being constantly messed about.

But, I'm equally certain he would fast refocus under a manager who who simply concentrated on using and developing what he's good at, hich is right up MON's street.

Stearman has excellent skills for a full-back, decent energy levels and has a really positive mentality. but those characteristics seem largely to have gone into hiding. With a different approach Stearman could have been driving us towards recovery

I'd probably sell him now in the prevailing circumstances - in fact I might well have sold him at the start of the season to fund some other deals - but to say Maybury and Kenton could easily replace him is another matter altogether.

Maybury's seemed disheartened here for a while and Kenton is decidedly limited. I'm not sure either have the skills and drive to help take us anywhere important although Maybury was a decent full-back once, no question.

In fact it begs the question why has Maybury gone backwards just the same as Stearman? Is it because both have been messed about?

I don't know why you're still searching for answers.

Rob Kelly is an idiot. Our coaches aren't up to it and the players simply don't want to play for RK anymore.

Maybury, Stearman, Hughes and Fryatt have, in my opinion, been the worst affected.

MON could get ANY of those to premiership quality players with the possible exception of Fryatt.

If they were good enough, they'd have made it.

Do you genuinely think that there is a conspiracy to prevent them playing?

Would it really do them any favours to be thrown in to a team with no ideas, no confidence, run by an idiot?

I think you've become a bit blinkered about it all Thracian. Look at the bigger picture... he has brought in players who know what they're doing at this level. In a dogfight, that is often what you need.

It's like with Porter... he has good games and bad games.. but even when he is poor- you won't accept it and still award him higher marks than anyone else. At what age will Porter suddenly become one of Kelly's 'favourites' and therefore part of the problem rather than the solution? That's what intrigues me!

All of the players in our team were young once... I just wonder at which point they go from being the answer... to being the problem.

This is it some of them still might :unsure: I'm a believer that players should play in the youth team until they are to old to do so and then be introduced to the first team set up ala Monsieur Porter. It works well it stops prevents burning players out to early (Micheal Owen, Kieran Dyer) Gradel & King have got every chance of making it at this club just not yet, maybe next season.

Sheehan will be gone to a League Two team at the end of the season and thats where he will spend his career. He isn't good enough.

Dodds also will be gone and seeing as no one even wants to take him on loan (which I find extremly strange) the future doesn't look bright, I think it's a shame the he'll leave without having played a game seeing as he's "the most natural finisher" at the club and has a impressive youth/reserve level scoring record but cest la vie. Fryatt and Hume are better IMO. He could still carve out a decent career at this level possible at this level but we as a club have done him no favours, when he finally makes his football league debut he'll be knocking on 21.

Archived