Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Rob Kelly - Summary

Rob Kelly has done a lot of good, bad and weird things at Leicester and it is fair to say that life under his management has been a bit of a rollercoaster. When Rob took over, he had no money to spend, little resources, and (to be fair) a poor squad. His job, originally was to fill in for the sacked Craig Levein, he did this winning his first three games and was offered a contract until the end of the 2005/2006 season. His main job was to keep the club in the Championship and stabilise the clubs finances. In pre-season he did make some signings but all free transfers. Bringing Andy Johnson who has deeply unimpressed me and other city fans. Darren Kenton – on his loan spell at the club he looked a decent player who could play in many defensive roles but injuries mean that he hasn’t seen much action this year. Gareth McAuley has to be his best signing. What a bargin! And has partnered immensely with Kisnorbo. Josh Low and Andy Welsh don’t even deserve a comment.

So some but few of his signings look good and as a whole he has done a good job at Leicester. With a transfer budget of zero and a poor wage budget he has still managed to buy enough players to add depth to the squad. He is also good at bringing youth players up the ranks, was Levi Porter playing last year? – yet alone being one of our best players. Same with Conrad Logan. With a high budget, I am sure he could bring the players needed to get this club in the Premiership. :scarf: :fox:

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn

Played: 46 Won: 18 Drawn: 16 Lost: 13 (including today)

Transfers:

In:

Andy Johnson – free

Josh Low – free

Gareth McAuley – free

Darren Kenton – free

Danny Cadamarteri – free

Andy Welsh - loan

Rufus Brevett - loan

Out:

Joe Hamill – Livingston

Lee Morris – Yeovil

Patrik Gerrbrand – released

Mark De Vries – loan

Louis Dodds – loan

Alan Sheehan - loan

also with leicester fans(msyelf included) were all to quick to jump on kellys back afetr one bad result but when we have a good result everyone says oh its a fluke etc

if we want this football club to do well we have to get behind the team, manager and bord if not were screwed as fans and as a football team

the only thing that annoys me is his football mentality. results wise overall he has done a good job with what he got but you forget that because of his negative tactics. i dont think he ever wanted the job on a full time basis deep down but hes not going to turn down this kind of opportunity.

the only thing that annoys me is his football mentality. results wise overall he has done a good job with what he got but you forget that because of his negative tactics. i dont think he ever wanted the job on a full time basis deep down but hes not going to turn down this kind of opportunity.

I agree with you on the negative tactics theory however on the opinion that RK didn't really want the job, I disagree. IMO, every coach would love to be at the top in their respective clubs.

I agree with you on the negative tactics theory however on the opinion that RK didn't really want the job, I disagree. IMO, every coach would love to be at the top in their respective clubs.

yeh i suppose your right, i just think he was happy being a coach and then all of a sudden hes in a fairly high pressure job.

There is one clear difference between the team now and the first half of last season - confidence. I think the players are much more comfortable with Rob Kelly in charge.

I don't think their attitudes have changed much. It seems to me players who put in disgraceful displays still get away with it by being selected the next week. This happened in the CL era and it happens under RK.

There is one clear difference between the team now and the first half of last season - confidence. I think the players are much more comfortable with Rob Kelly in charge.

The only difference is the kit the wear.

If you think that was a team full of confidence either in themselves or in RK then I wouldn't like to see a disillusioned one.

lol Under Levein, i got the impression that they were just waiting for him to get the sack and there was just no team spirit. But now ( it might be John Barbar at it again) but he always talks about the great confidence within the squad. Thats what i meant.

One thing's for sure...with two shots (on target) against Wolves and two shots (off target) against Southampton he's not one for spoiling us when it comes to an attack strategy. :whistle:

One day he will realise that attacking properly has to involve all sections of the team.

Rob Kelly has done a lot of good, bad and weird things at Leicester and it is fair to say that life under his management has been a bit of a rollercoaster. When Rob took over, he had no money to spend, little resources, and (to be fair) a poor squad. His job, originally was to fill in for the sacked Craig Levein, he did this winning his first three games and was offered a contract until the end of the 2005/2006 season. His main job was to keep the club in the Championship and stabilise the clubs finances. In pre-season he did make some signings but all free transfers. Bringing Andy Johnson who has deeply unimpressed me and other city fans. Darren Kenton – on his loan spell at the club he looked a decent player who could play in many defensive roles but injuries mean that he hasn’t seen much action this year. Gareth McAuley has to be his best signing. What a bargin! And has partnered immensely with Kisnorbo. Josh Low and Andy Welsh don’t even deserve a comment.

So some but few of his signings look good and as a whole he has done a good job at Leicester. With a transfer budget of zero and a poor wage budget he has still managed to buy enough players to add depth to the squad. He is also good at bringing youth players up the ranks, was Levi Porter playing last year? – yet alone being one of our best players. Same with Conrad Logan. With a high budget, I am sure he could bring the players needed to get this club in the Premiership. :scarf: :fox:

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn

Played: 46 Won: 18 Drawn: 16 Lost: 13 (including today)

Transfers:

In:

Andy Johnson – free

Josh Low – free

Gareth McAuley – free

Darren Kenton – free

Danny Cadamarteri – free

Andy Welsh - loan

Rufus Brevett - loan

Out:

Joe Hamill – Livingston

Lee Morris – Yeovil

Patrik Gerrbrand – released

Mark De Vries – loan

Louis Dodds – loan

Alan Sheehan - loan

When it is put like that, he has done really good. Many of us still have high expectations but we forget about the low transfer / wage budget.

When it is put like that, he has done really good. Many of us still have high expectations but we forget about the low transfer / wage budget.

When I look at that (from City Lad) it seems that a lot more ability has been sent elsewhere than has ever been brought in.

Huh? You quote my post but I haven't got a clue how they are similar :S :S

What I'm saying is:

* We've allowed a reasonable goalscorer like DeVries to disappear.

* We've allowed the club's "most natural marksman" in Dodds to waste his entire season.

* We've allowed Sheehan to roam while having no alternative left-back of any credibility.

* We've moved on a reasonable looking footballer in Gerrbrand.

But we haven't brought in anyone who can score goals or create goals by way of replacements, nor have we properly used or involved those we already had.

Archived