Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
London_Fox

McAuley

I haven't really started many threads but one thing that really struck me about today was the tactical change on about 73minutes with McAuley going up front. This is in no way an attack against the player but he looked lost up front, unsurprisingly. Surely he isn't the best we can do as a striker? I understand that Hume was tired but maybe the message is that our bench needs more firepower, a striker and an attacking midfield player who can score goals at least, maybe even two strikers? This isn't the first time that we've used this tactic but it can only be a last resort, not a pre-meditated plan.

I haven't really started many threads but one thing that really struck me about today was the tactical change on about 73minutes with McAuley going up front. This is in no way an attack against the player but he looked lost up front, unsurprisingly. Surely he isn't the best we can do as a striker? I understand that Hume was tired but maybe the message is that our bench needs more firepower, a striker and an attacking midfield player who can score goals at least, maybe even two strikers? This isn't the first time that we've used this tactic but it can only be a last resort, not a pre-meditated plan.

we have the options when you remember he left cadamarteri, o'grady and dodds here and odhiambo with the academy.

if he insists on having mid, striker and defenders on the bench what do you expect, especially with hume visably in need of a rest

Not a dig at you at all but that's what people have been saying for, well seems like forever, the question is why haven't the club done anything to resolve it.

Show me the striker and attacking midfielders who can score goals in this lot.

McAuley

Kenton

Low

Johnson

Tiatto

Welsh

Cadamarteri

It's alright people saying we've got no money and can't sign players, well as I understand it we're still paying at least top ten championship salaries and surely could have found at least one freebie/loan striker/attacking midfielder.

The excuses are simply not good enough.

I kept telling lildave3 that Kelly should have put McAuley up front with 20 minutes to go.

It made sense. We were playing the worst kind of football, long ball, so why not put the big man up front in McAuley?

As soon as he did go up front we created a couple of openings.

I kept telling lildave3 that Kelly should have put McAuley up front with 20 minutes to go.

It made sense. We were playing the worst kind of football, long ball, so why not put the big man up front in McAuley?

Yeah, he did ok, did more than sodding Elvis did (:angry:) and caused problems with his height which, like you say, created a few openings.

What I found amusing is that we put him upfront and then struggled to put the ball anywhere near him. I think some of the players were expecting him to run Elvis like, dashing around in a manner that a headless chicken would be proud of.

I think it did show how much we need somebody upfront who is strong in the air, if anything just to mix it up. If Kelly thinks O'Grady isn't up to it, get somebody else in to add that dimension.

"Not a dig at you at all but that's what people have been saying for, well seems like forever, the question is why haven't the club done anything to resolve it."

I realise that but the point is that we have young players in the squad who can do that so surely it's better to give them a chance then lump McAuley up front. I don't think he made that much difference but I also don't think that;s even slightly his fault. Also think that signing someone who can score goals from midfield is a key aim!

"Not a dig at you at all but that's what people have been saying for, well seems like forever, the question is why haven't the club done anything to resolve it."

I realise that but the point is that we have young players in the squad who can do that so surely it's better to give them a chance then lump McAuley up front. I don't think he made that much difference but I also don't think that;s even slightly his fault. Also think that signing someone who can score goals from midfield is a key aim!

Agreed I've no objections to him trying anyone especially some one who actually gives a damn.

Archived