Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Sunderland post-match thread

let's face it the last 2 games have revealed our true level. bottom 7.

1 players not motivated kelly to blame.

2 players look disinterested.

3 defence a complete shambles. mcarthy rubbish kisnorbo overrated. no left back at the club?

4 midfield useless. not one creative brain cell between them. no wide players who are any good.

5 attackers don't look like they can score. controversial but are they any better than devries?? who the manager has fallen out with and shipped off to Holland.

6 levels of fitness not good enough. manager and board to blame here for lack of reserve fixtures.

7 set pieces a complete joke. find out who is our best striker of a dead ball and let them take them all.

8 leaderless on the pitch. mcarthy is clearly not a leader.

let's be clear we were completely outplayed today by a side that showed the desire to attack and won because of it. i would suggest they have a manager with the arrogance of a winner who is slowly transferring this to his players. 2-0 was not a true reflection of the match. henderson alone stood between us and a savage mauling in which 4-0 or 5-0 would not have flattered Sunderland. in contrast we have mustered 1 shot on target in the last 180 mins of football. this is simply not acceptable and the manager should be forced to explain why this is the case. my patience is starting to wear thin.

on a seperate note what is going on when we have someone coaching the junior player (taggert) who we cannot afford to pay yet his predecessor was being paid. this is the depth of our financial woe into which our current board have led us. to them i say sort this mess out before you manage us into the world of oblivion!

Right on, brother. :punk:

Another piss poor performance only made better as we played...beleive it or not...better than we did at Southampton. Poor at the back..very poor in midfield and stikers who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo!!

The only player who came out of this game with any credit was Hendo.

I want to know why we played a right footed player at left back. Kenton was dreadful and made to look a fool by a manager who plays people out of position. Am I missing something here or what.....where the hell did O'grady suddenly appear from.

I wasn't too impressed with Cadamarteri today either....anyway....rant over. Lets hope something positive comes out of the game against Fulham on Saturday

Please explain to me which aspect of that game seemed 'entertaining' to you. To a neutral maybe, but as a City fan I was embarrassed at how shocking we were most of the time. Absolute horrow-show. :angry:

Of course I meant as a neutral. As a City fan - having determined to stay off the beer for the New Year - I've come home to sink a few and hope it was all a bad dream.

But no, for the neutral Sunderland played open football, there was loads of incident, really great saves, shots hitting the bar, bizarre goals like the Henderson save and leak out, penalty appeals, ridiculous misses... it was everything you'd want apart from the result being reversed.

As a City fan I refuse to get any more depressed. I spelt out last summer the reasons we would go through games without scoring, why will would consistently fail to keep a clean sheet, where we needed to repair our side. But I was always aware Kelly will go his own way just like Levein did.

He's not got the easiest job but he simply doesn't help himself. He gives himself handicaps and additional problems he doesn't need to have.

So given his attitude what is the alternative but to sit back and at least appreciate the opposition trying to play some proper football and to hope that sometime we can look at their blueprint and learn from it?.

What I'd give to have David Connolly back.

His footballing brain is superb , always one step ahead.

I liked that song Sunderland sang. Na na na na Connolly Connolly David Connolly!! (To the tune of baby give it up)

:ph34r:

Of course I meant as a neutral. As a City fan - having determined to stay off the beer for the New Year - I've come home to sink a few and hope it was all a bad dream.

But no, for the neutral Sunderland played open football, there was loads of incident, really great saves, shots hitting the bar, bizarre goals like the Henderson save and leak out, penalty appeals, ridiculous misses... it was everything you'd want apart from the result being reversed.

As a City fan I refuse to get any more depressed. I spelt out last summer the reasons we would go through games without scoring, why will would consistently fail to keep a clean sheet, where we needed to repair our side. But I was always aware Kelly will go his own way just like Levein did.

He's not got the easiest job but he simply doesn't help himself. He gives himself handicaps and additional problems he doesn't need to have.

So given his attitude what is the alternative but to sit back and at least appreciate the opposition trying to play some proper football and to hope that sometime we can look at their blueprint and learn from it?.

Well put...a very valid point if only we had the players and staff to carry it off.

I liked that song Sunderland sang. Na na na na Connolly Connolly David Connolly!! (To the tune of baby give it up)

He'd still 'look' shite the way this team plays, in fact he often did when he was here.

Someone who appreciates a good player :thumbup:

Good man.

We could sing that to Williams if he was any good. :cry::(

We could do Fezzler my friend but It's never gonna happen :(

I'd be actually suprised if our fans sing any songs about anything in general , I know we're shit but come on today was one of the worst atmospheres at the Walkers and I've missed what 3 games since we moved there.

Everything is Crap,Wank,Shit.

Fooking dreadful performance today. The starting lineup baffled me and I knew from the moment I heard the team that we wouldn't do very well today. Sunderland are by no means a great side - they showed that today. And they beat us 2-0, but it could have been considerably worse were it not for some fine saves from Henderson (although he handed a goal to them by giving them the ball). It just really puts into perspective how crap we are and how Kelly cannot motivate the team properly or even get them to play together. There was no real desire to attack Sunderland, and we were at home. The stats say 8 shots but really I can only recall about 4 or 5. If we can't attack well then surely our defending would have been quality? Hmm not under Kelly. McCarthy came back in and Kenton played again after a while out of action, and we were a shambles defensively as well. McCarthy gave the ball away too often and Kentons tackles were wild and rarely won the ball. Why McAuley and Nils were completely dropped from the squad I don't know. Another thing which occurred to me today was that (and I know people will think I'm mad) Elvis would have had the beating of their defence today. They were defensively slow, and a couple of the balls over the top which COG chased would have been easily won by Elvis methinks. Their defender struggled to keep up with O'Grady.

We moved clear of the relegation zone with a few wins and a draw, and people were starting to believe Kelly could push us up the league and continue the good form. I said that if he felt we were clear then the foot would come off the gas and we'd stop picking up results. Seems like it's heading down that road. Pathetic performance today.

I just enjoyed listening to the sunderland fans singing throughout the game ...was the highlight for me. Thats how bad this current teams is :unsure::whistle:

I agree wholeheartedly. At least Sunderland were entertaining to watch.

I just enjoyed listening to the sunderland fans singing throughout the game ...was the highlight for me. Thats how bad this current teams is :unsure::whistle:

pretty much all you could do in L1 nobody fancied singing any Leicester songs so I was singing the sunderland ones in my head :cry:

go on hit me!

Fooking dreadful performance today. The starting lineup baffled me and I knew from the moment I heard the team that we wouldn't do very well today. Sunderland are by no means a great side - they showed that today. And they beat us 2-0, but it could have been considerably worse were it not for some fine saves from Henderson (although he handed a goal to them by giving them the ball). It just really puts into perspective how crap we are and how Kelly cannot motivate the team properly or even get them to play together. There was no real desire to attack Sunderland, and we were at home. The stats say 8 shots but really I can only recall about 4 or 5. If we can't attack well then surely our defending would have been quality? Hmm not under Kelly. McCarthy came back in and Kenton played again after a while out of action, and we were a shambles defensively as well. McCarthy gave the ball away too often and Kentons tackles were wild and rarely won the ball. Why McAuley and Nils were completely dropped from the squad I don't know. Another thing which occurred to me today was that (and I know people will think I'm mad) Elvis would have had the beating of their defence today. They were defensively slow, and a couple of the balls over the top which COG chased would have been easily won by Elvis methinks. Their defender struggled to keep up with O'Grady.

We moved clear of the relegation zone with a few wins and a draw, and people were starting to believe Kelly could push us up the league and continue the good form. I said that if he felt we were clear then the foot would come off the gas and we'd stop picking up results. Seems like it's heading down that road. Pathetic performance today.

"...and Hammond races clear, oh but he's offside for 46,312nd time this season. What a twat."

(official commentary)

pretty much all you could do in L1 nobody fancied singing any Leicester songs so I was singing the sunderland ones in my head :cry:

go on hit me!

If i see you next time i will :ph34r:

Cant really blame anyone for hardly singing when our team turns in a shocking performance like that.

One word: appalling.

One scenario: relegation.

I'm getting the "Levein feeling" all over again.

Time for a change, I fear. As nice a guy as RK seems, he fails to set up his side offensively and he fails to get the best from the players.

Someone on Gillette Soccer Saturday a couple of weeks ago said "By and large, most players need a toe up the arse every 20 minutes."

It's time we got someone in with a size 12 hobnail boot.

(and I know people will think I'm mad) Elvis would have had the beating of their defence today. They were defensively slow, and a couple of the balls over the top which COG chased would have been easily won by Elvis methinks. Their defender struggled to keep up with O'Grady.

"...and Hammond races clear, oh but he's offside for 46,312nd time this season. What a twat."

(official commentary)

And I knew one of the people to comment on that particular bit would be you lol:thumbup:

Seriously, I just think that Elvis would have been a better bet than COG today. I think that's something not even you would attempt to disagree with. COG, as you could have told from the shooting practice in the warmup, is not good enough. I know Elvis is clumsy and frustrates the life out of people, but he would definitely have been better than O'Grady.

PS I thought the Makems were pretty good. Keene has turned them round pretty sharpish and I always like their fans, probably the best in the country, I reckon. Nice one.

Still dreadful for us though.

From the body language of nearly all the player, Weso excepted they looked a beaten team even before we kicked off.

Moping around, hands on hips, heads down, furtive looks at each other. I sad to my lad there you see before you a beaten team and we haven't even kicked off yet.

And I knew one of the people to comment on that particular bit would be you lol:thumbup:

Seriously, I just think that Elvis would have been a better bet than COG today. I think that's something not even you would attempt to disagree with. COG, as you could have told from the shooting practice in the warmup, is not good enough. I know Elvis is clumsy and frustrates the life out of people, but he would definitely have been better than O'Grady.

I dread to think we could have a striker on our books who could do worse than O'Grady.

RK said after the game Elvis was injured.

(official commentary)

You and others might mock the bloke. But with Fryatt there we had no pace, no goals and another simple chance squandered which everyone would have thrown in Hammond's face with relish had he been the culprit.

And, quite apart from Hammond, Dodds would have buried both today's chance and the simpler one that Fryatt squandered at Southampton, no problem.

You and others might mock the bloke. But with Fryatt there we had no pace, no goals and another simple chance squandered which everyone would have thrown in Hammond's face with relish had he been the culprit.

And, quite apart from Hammond, Dodds would have buried both today's chance and the simpler one that Fryatt squandered at Southampton, no problem.

Somebody change the record please.

Archived