Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

When McCarthy came over to the Kop at the end

What was your reaction?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Did you...?

• Applaud his sterling effort
    • Ignore him
    • Tell him to f*ck off

McCarthy was fooking shit today, as was the rest of the team. If I'd have seen him, I'd have told him to get fooked, as he didn't lead by example or even try to get the lads going. I normally stay to applaud all of the players and wait until the stands have emptied out before I leave, but I didn't see him on this occasion - I walked off dejected and disgusted.

One of the sadnesses for me today is that the players don't seem to talk to each other during the game. I sit in row A of the East Stand, and could hear Sunderland players talking all the time. No one on our side seemed to talk to each other. For me that's a really worrying sign of a lack of team spirit

One of the sadnesses for me today is that the players don't seem to talk to each other during the game. I sit in row A of the East Stand, and could hear Sunderland players talking all the time. No one on our side seemed to talk to each other. For me that's a really worrying sign of a lack of team spirit

Question is, is that the players' fault or Kelly's? :unsure:

I was sitting in row M of the Kop and could hear shouting between our players. Problem was it was "Paddy man behind you" and then "Away" no sh!t sherlock! (Paul Henderson that was!)

At least he came over. Only him, Hughes and O'Grady clapped the fans. Really pisses me off when they all walk off.

I agree. Fair play to Paddy he is the only player who I can consistantly remember coming over to appalud the fans.

For me that's a really worrying sign of a lack of team spirit
I suspect the only spirit that they are interested in is knocked back in one. Maybe flaming, could be with salt and lime. Who knows? Perhaps the topic of another poll. :dunno:

I agree. Fair play to Paddy he is the only player who I can consistantly remember coming over to appalud the fans.

Even at Southampton when he didn't play, in the pouring rain after another shocking performance he was the first over.

At least he came over. Only him, Hughes and O'Grady clapped the fans. Really pisses me off when they all walk off.

Even at Southampton when he didn't play, in the pouring rain after another shocking performance he was the first over.

I didn't go today but was at Southampton. It really pissed me off when they came over after a shite performance. I understand why they do it but after a performance like that they should come over and apologise. If they do come over then they should expect some fans to boo them and tell them where to stick their applause. If it's a sign of respect then i'd rather they show us respect by putting some effort during the 90 minutes.

For me, we have no leaders on or off the pitch. If McCarthy isn't captain, who should be? Tiatto has some passion, but he can't last 90 minutes and often shows his passion by getting booked. I'm really scratching my head to think of who should be skipper, but I do think it's important. We need someone with intelligence, and someone able to inspire those around him. Erm .......

For me, we have no leaders on or off the pitch. If McCarthy isn't captain, who should be? Tiatto has some passion, but he can't last 90 minutes and often shows his passion by getting booked. I'm really scratching my head to think of who should be skipper, but I do think it's important. We need someone with intelligence, and someone able to inspire those around him. Erm .......

The only reason McCarthy should have come over yesterday was if he was carrying a big banner saying "sorry I'm fooking crap" :angry:

omg any excuse to blame this on kelly! has anyone tryed to manage a team on here? you can pump this at the players talk! shout! tell eachover off for mistakes if need be! pass and move! you oump this into them but it is upto them on the pitch! once there on that pitch there is fook all u can do! im afraid people it has been two games! yer they were the most abismal games iv heard for a while but it would be stupid to blame this n the manager there is n o way a new manager wuld make any difference!

That's what I was thinking, although the fans hardly deserved being applauded either :whistle:

Your having a laugh! We should be thanked by the players for even turning up after Southampton! and where were the numpties who voted to applaud McCrappy yesterday because they couldn't have been at the Walker's :angry:

Surely people would be more p*ssed off if the players had just stormed down the tunnel not acknowledging the fans' support at all?

Normally yes but when they put in no effort at all I don't want them to come over and applaud like we've achieved something. They are always welcome to come over and say sorry we just couldn't really be arsed today and so played crap.

That's what I was thinking, although the fans hardly deserved being applauded either :whistle:

For turning up on New Years Day with a hangover after such a miserable performance against Southampton on Saturday, we should be applauded. However, for our efforts in the stands we deserve no applause. Poor effort. But then again, the players didn't give us anything to cheer about anyway. Not a bad performance in the crowd from you though filbertway I must say :thumbup:

omg any excuse to blame this on kelly! has anyone tryed to manage a team on here? you can pump this at the players talk! shout! tell eachover off for mistakes if need be! pass and move! you oump this into them but it is upto them on the pitch! once there on that pitch there is fook all u can do! im afraid people it has been two games! yer they were the most abismal games iv heard for a while but it would be stupid to blame this n the manager there is n o way a new manager wuld make any difference!

I wasn't necessarily blaming Kelly - it was a genuine question. Is the lack of team spirit the fault of the players or the fault of the manager?

Archived