Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannyallen1992

Our worst player

:cry:

Poor lad. As if a receding hair line at 21 wasn't bad enough :(

Why poor lad?

He's doing what he's probably always wanted to do and is being paid well (certainly compared to us) to do it.

I'm sure when he bin him, he'll continue to make a career out of football.

I certainly feel no sympathy towards him... no animosity either.. afterall, he doesn't pick the team etc.

Why poor lad?

He's doing what he's probably always wanted to do and is being paid well (certainly compared to us) to do it.

I'm sure when he bin him, he'll continue to make a career out of football.

I certainly feel no sympathy towards him... no animosity either.. afterall, he doesn't pick the team etc.

Yes Jim I wasn't being entirely serious buddy :thumbup:

Although I don't think he is as bad as a lot of others seem to, although I admit he will not be another Heskey, or even Phil Gee but bless him he's going bald.

Yes Jim I wasn't being entirely serious buddy :thumbup:

Although I don't think he is as bad as a lot of others seem to, although I admit he will not be another Heskey, or even Phil Gee but bless him he's going bald.

Yeah, he's honest enough and hardworking. I do will him to do well... he just is out of his depth at this level. Maybe with another year or so in league one or two he'll come on a bit more.

Can't see him making it here though.

I'd imagine the writing might be on the wall for him if Mandaric does back the manager (RK or not) with a substantial transfer budget. I just hope Hammond suffers the same fate.

Yeah, he's honest enough and hardworking. I do will him to do well... he just is out of his depth at this level. Maybe with another year or so in league one or two he'll come on a bit more.

Can't see him making it here though.

I'd imagine the writing might be on the wall for him if Mandaric does back the manager (RK or not) with a substantial transfer budget. I just hope Hammond suffers the same fate.

Although although although, my previous post reads as if it was written by an indecisive weak bladdered honkey tonk from Tennessee.

We have far too many bad players and I hope we can off load the whole lot in January or at least the major proportion of them.

It would be nice to hope we don't make so many silly mistakes again - and perhaps learn to be more rational and far-seeing in who we sign. But that's probably expecting too much.

For instance Hammond. As you know I think the guy's got some qualities but, truthfully, we should never have signed him.

Why? Because there was no evidence for doing so. He wasn't particularly young but had made no impact as a striker at all. Even worse, we didn't ever need to pay a fee for him so what was the point?

By contrast, someone like Dodds might still fail but the evidence is there, that at every level he's played so far, he has not only scored goals but done so at a steady pace. We should never sign a striker who can present no evidence of being a goalscorer.

That's just an example and there are lots more. Attacking need a record of scoring and creating goals, the same goes for wingers and, with defenders, it's all about goals conceded and what they too can add in going forward.

Statistics aren't a final answer but they are a guide if you study them closely enough.

Hunches are for gamblers and most gamblers lose.

In the end every signing is a risk and every manager has to back his judgement but first they should narrow the odds and make sure there are real reasons for taking someone on, reasons that stand up to thorough scrutiny.

We have far too many bad players and I hope we can off load the whole lot in January or at least the major proportion of them.

It would be nice to hope we don't make so many silly mistakes again - and perhaps learn to be more rational and far-seeing in who we sign. But that's probably expecting too much.

For instance Hammond. As you know I think the guy's got some qualities but, truthfully, we should never have signed him.

Why? Because there was no evidence for doing so. He wasn't particularly young but had made no impact as a striker at all. Even worse, we didn't ever need to pay a fee for him so what was the point?

By contrast, someone like Dodds might still fail but the evidence is there, that at every level he's played so far, he has not only scored goals but done so at a steady pace. We should never sign a striker who can present no evidence of being a goalscorer.

That's just an example and there are lots more. Attacking need a record of scoring and creating goals, the same goes for wingers and, with defenders, it's all about goals conceded and what they too can add in going forward.

Statistics aren't a final answer but they are a guide if you study them closely enough.

Hunches are for gamblers and most gamblers lose.

In the end every signing is a risk and every manager has to back his judgement but first they should narrow the odds and make sure there are real reasons for taking someone on, reasons that stand up to thorough scrutiny.

All we wanted was a name :cry:

:thumbup:

Archived