Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tubes

walkers

interesting read get the walkers stadium page up

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

needs updating here though... :whistle:

However, it does have one redeeming feature - atmosphere. The acoustics are very good and both sets of supporters can really make some noise, making for an enjoyable visit.

made me laugh must not of been for a while

The stadium has been built in such a way, that if required, an additional tier could be built onto the East Stand. This would increase the capacity to just under 40,000.

Is this true?

by the looks of it you could extend every stand

The stadium has been built in such a way, that if required, an additional tier could be built onto the East Stand. This would increase the capacity to just under 40,000.

Is this true?

iirc yes. not that we'll ever need it.

I don't think extending the stadium is an option really seeing as we struggle to have crowds of over 24,000 every week and are playing some dreadful football. I doubt we'd sell out every week of the season if we were back in the Prem either tbh. We would at first as it'd be a novelty, but it'd soon wear off. And we would every time for the big games (Arsenal, Chelski Man Yoo etc). But when we weren't pushing for the league title or aiming for Europe, fans would get bored and stop coming methinks :rolleyes:

I think the East Stand is the only one we have the option of extending, not asure the reason why though :dunno: Planning permission?

Correct, althoug im sure the council would cave if we ever needed more than 40,000 seats. Which despite what some people on here would have you believe, woudln't happen even if we were in Europe.

I think the East Stand is the only one we have the option of extending, not asure the reason why though :dunno: Planning permission?

i think it might be something to do with the foundations. i think the east stand's ones were strenghened just in case.don't forget there's a canal behind one of the stands.

i think it might be something to do with the foundations. i think the east stand's ones were strenghened just in case.don't forget there's a canal behind one of the stands.

The canal shouldn't make any difference, consider the 39 story building they are planning to put up next to the canal.

that is the west stand i think that would be the last stand they would try to extend because it would cause too much hassle with all the funtion rooms etc

lol at the negativity on this thread!

"We wont need an expansion" - "We arent good enough" - "We cant fill the stadium at the moment" etc etc blah blah blah!!!!

For those with short memories, we did regularly fill the stadium when in the premiership and its not that far a pipe dream to think that once we have a backer and a few pounds to spend that we actually could be back up with the big boys filling out the stadium!

I just dont get why people even bother wasting there time going to watch City play or even come on here to moan moan moan all the time! We have had good times and had 3 hookers and the tabloids not come up with a dumb story we may still be mixing it in the premiership.

Back the lads and keep KEEPING THE FAITH!

Archived