Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tubes

walkers

Yeh we have the option of extending the West Stand - all the other stands do not have the structural strength to hold another tier on top. If we were to get back into the prem, we would defo have crowds around the 30000 mark each week but only fill it in the big games, but have a larger ground would increase the revenue we can get from those games as I think in the prem, we could sell 40000 tickets against Man u or Arsenal.

To be fair we must have averaged over 30,000 during our Premiership year at the Walkers. It's not a far cry to think we'd be able to get 40,000 odd if we were playing well and became established for a few years there.

yeah, the west stand is the one id expect to not be able to be extended

In the future the club could extend by building an extra tier on the East Stand but that would probably mean staying in the premiership for at least a couple of years and getting sell outs every week plus the money for this work would need to be found. However this is based on the fact that the ground is all seater and has not been built to take terracing which in the unlikely event of terracing being allowed at the ground would require signicant investment to strengthen the terracing to allow this to happen. Any further extensions would need to based on whether or not we can justify increasing capacity and at the moment i don't think we can. The main aim of the club at the moment should be to get attendances of 30,000+ before we start looking into increasing capacity.

Presumably the ground has been designed and constructed in such a way that it can be expanded in the future. Maybe the following conversation would take place:

LCFC: "Hello, is that Birse Constuction"

Birse: "Yes, how can we help"

LCFC: "Well you know that stadium you built for us that we never paid for?"

Birse: "Yes"

LCFC: "You couldn't stick another tier on for us could you? We'll pay this time, honest!"

"Click!"

So let's dream a little. Say we get back to the prem, establish ourselves like Bolton, Pompey or the like. So lets say come January 2009 we're eight in the Prem. Outside chance of Europe etc

What crowd could we get for the major games like

Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal etc

then what crowd would we get for the likes of Fulham, Wigan, Blackburn

Thoughts please

Presumably the ground has been designed and constructed in such a way that it can be expanded in the future. Maybe the following conversation would take place:

LCFC: "Hello, is that Birse Constuction"

Birse: "Yes, how can we help"

LCFC: "Well you know that stadium you built for us that we never paid for?"

Birse: "Yes"

LCFC: "You couldn't stick another tier on for us could you? We'll pay this time, honest!"

"Click!"

hahaha :D

Hi, I've just found this website called Wikipedia which is an internet encyclopaedia basically.

Anyway under Walkers Stadium it says there are plans to eventually make it to a capacity of 40,000.

Do any of you know of this??

If so, how would we do it as there isn't the space to build on it is there???

:dunno:

We had this not long ago, apparently the east stand can have another tier on top of it.

Hi, I've just found this website called Wikipedia which is an internet encyclopaedia basically.

Anyway under Walkers Stadium it says there are plans to eventually make it to a capacity of 40,000.

Nice to see you keep your ear to the ground.

I'm more surprised that you've only just found Wikipedia :whistle:

lol at the negativity on this thread!

"We wont need an expansion" - "We arent good enough" - "We cant fill the stadium at the moment" etc etc blah blah blah!!!!

For those with short memories, we did regularly fill the stadium when in the premiership and it's not that far a pipe dream to think that once we have a backer and a few pounds to spend that we actually could be back up with the big boys filling out the stadium!

I just dont get why people even bother wasting there time going to watch City play or even come on here to moan moan moan all the time! We have had good times and had 3 hookers and the tabloids not come up with a dumb story we may still be mixing it in the premiership.

Back the lads and keep KEEPING THE FAITH!

Well said!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

A 40000-seat stadium would also mean we'd be able to stage World Cup matches if and when it ever came back to England.

Archived