Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Lets clear up a few myths hear and now

Danny Cadermarteri - Just like it was ridiculous that we should judge him on coming off the bench to score, we shouldnt be so quick to judge him until he is match fit. Either way, he wont be a world beater.

Considering this is last chance saloon for him... I really thought he might have made a bit of effort to lose some weight/get fit...

Does anyone close to the club know if the drinking/drugs culture is back?

kelly and a below par team are just a symptom of how shoddy this club has become over the past few years.

What I've said for a long time the mismanagment of the club comes from the very top and a poor manager like RK and a weak team are simply the realisation of this... new leadership at the club is needed urgently, not only are we currently in bad position but its one that (without MM or somone similar) will sooner or later get much worse with relegation and administration (and thats likley to happen sooner rather than later IMHO).

No we're not. There are 3 worst teams than us in the Championship - namely, Luton, Leeds and Southend.

Agreed but...Leeds are gonna battle like crazy now,Luton is a 6 pointer on Saturday that we can easily blow and Southend have been showing signs of improvement in league form recently (unlike us) and anyway they have nothing to lose!..add that to the fact that we have some real dodgy fixtures coming up..a small squad and a man in charge who IMO has lost the plot :dunno:

Rob Kelly lacks far too many necessary attributes.

He quite simply is out of his depth in first team club management.

Enjoy saying that while you can... sooner or later we'll have another game like Wolves which we some how manage to win with our two shots on goal, and RK will be "solid" and "reliable" again :rolleyes: ...or at the very least a "good coach"

Considering this is last chance saloon for him... I really thought he might have made a bit of effort to lose some weight/get fit...

Does anyone close to the club know if the drinking/drugs culture is back?

Dont mention saloon mate, we wouldnt want him pissed as well as high.

We`ve got to remember that Cada had just two games with Grays and is nowhere near match fit. He hasnt started a game for us yet either to get match fitness and we havent a reserve team so he can get fit. I cant see how he can make a major impact bearing this things in mind. Also, I dont think RK would have gone for him if he wsnt desperate. Lets not forget we even had Asaba on trial :blink:

Rob Kelly's job at the moment is like getting a Donkey to win the Grand National !! I feel sorry for him, but still feel that if he had money to spend, however, he wouldn't do the best of jobs. :ph34r:

Atleast a donkey would perform to it's best and give it's all against all odds. Also a donkey would use all it's resources and mind to try and get an edge!! I agree that even with money and a bunch of stallions, he would fail!!

Kelly:

Might be Mr Simple on the surface but can be bizarre in reality. For a coach he's very much a one-trick pony with no plan B. He rarely wrests the tactical initiative. Sends players into exile, is too reactive when they make a mistake, doesn't seem to appreciate the importance of fluency in a team and how to get it, has questionable coaching imagination, fails to correct glaring errors for whatever reasons and seems unable either to priorities his signings or to make really good ones. If only football wasn't full of such people.

Hume: (asset)

Hard working and always a threat but I blow hot and cold on his leading the line. But a decent player and the least of our worries because a bit of confidence would probably work wonders for the lad.

McCarthy (liability)

Has not responded to having the captaincy. He's wholehearted but not a great reader of the game and not a good passer. Seems a definite weakness to me especially these recent weeks.

Williams (asset)

Opinion varies so much on this guy but he's another who who definitely do better in a more settled and more balanced style playing the sort of football he could compliment. The more quality footballers he has around him the more he'll find them although I think he needs to speed up his distribution. His lack of genuine goal threat is of concern though. Always has been.

Porter (asset)

Has become far too much the focus of our creative attacking so that opposition teams will be singling out for a bit of close marking and, having so little alternative, we'll then be in trouble. Porter is an excellent close-control footballer and, like williams, will positiviely glow in a good team.

He thinks the game too, reacting well when he loses possession and being comfortable in most parts of the field. If we had another winger he could interchange making it harder for the opposition to mark him out. Having two or three goal threats inside him would increase his options and make it harder for opponents to double bank on him.

Henderson (liability)

A good enough shot stopper but not physically commanding and his distribution is too slow and too wayward. Needs to launch counter-attacks much faster. Not up to Leicester standards overall.

McAuley (liability)l

Only an option at centre-back. He is much to slow to be a Championship full-back. Wide defenders need to be swift and sharp. His passing is a strength and he's reasonably good in the air and reading the game. Better overall than McCarthy but will always be vulnerable to pace. I would like to see Stearman tried.

Wesolowski (neutral)

I've only had glimpses of his best and like Barton feel he should have been used much more sparingly this season. I'm not sure he offers much new in midfield. He's not so fearsome as Tiatto but he's a better passer at his best. He's not likely to be a regular scorer and is certainly not better than, say, Porter in a holding and distribution role.

Hammond (asset)

City's inevitable fall guy. The man they mock but who is a goal away from tripling Fryatt's scoring total for the season. A dangerous player in many ways who demands attention even if his control is iffy and his head on the ball style limiting.

Cadamarteri (neutral)

As I expected, he started well and has done little since. I don't think the statistics will lie. He has qualities but simply doesn't impose them often or consistently enough. The one player who could make a fool of any judgement. At what it costs it won't hurt to look some more but I'm not convinced.

I've no idea why the following were left out because they should be considered in relation to their place in our team:

Maybury (back-up asset)

He wouldn't normally be a first choise for me. He just doesn't pose enough threat going forward and is simply a right-back. For a one-position football I'd like more effect.

Hughes (back-up asset)

But, again, not a first choice if you already have one hassler in midfield because he simply doesn't make enough things happen. He's not a great passer, not a great shooter, doesn't get into the box enough and we need to have better. King, to me, has far more to ofer in his role.

Tiatto (asset).

Likely to be on his way at the end of the season but I think he has been one of our better and most consistently effective performers this season and a good guy for the players to have with them on the field.

Trouble is, when he plays we need people with positive attacking threat around him because sadly, Tiatto rarely makes the best of attacking opportunioties.

Fryatt (asset)

But underperforming woefully for various reasons this season. Should be coming in off the bench just now. We cannot afford to have strikers firing blanks for as long as he has and he needs his confidence lifting gradually.

Agreed but...Leeds are gonna battle like crazy now,Luton is a 6 pointer on Saturday that we can easily blow and Southend have been showing signs of improvement in league form recently (unlike us) and anyway they have nothing to lose!..add that to the fact that we have some real dodgy fixtures coming up..a small squad and a man in charge who IMO has lost the plot :dunno:

Funny how your message mate has given me a different perspective now... :dunno:

McAuley (liability)l

Only an option at centre-back. He is much to slow to be a Championship full-back. Wide defenders need to be swift and sharp. His passing is a strength and he's reasonably good in the air and reading the game. Better overall than McCarthy but will always be vulnerable to pace. I would like to see Stearman tried.

Which only makes him a liability because Rob Kelly refuses to drop McCarthy doesn't it? It's not his fault he's being played out of position.

Kinell. Still we get this.

WHY?! WHY IS HE A GOOD COACH! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

I'll tell you why. Because Kelly seems to be incapable of being a leader which is what a manager is. Which is why the club is in a mess. But because the way I see things he embodies team spirit, fighting qualities, (work rate supposedly) etc. He would yes be a good coach in that department.

One thing people haven't realised is Kelly's achievement in selling Low for whatever some it might amount to. For as much as I know, Low's wages weren't brilliant and he probably was the winger who gave the best impression that came so cheap. Again glaring inability to assess the club's youngsters but that is lack of leadership.

Which only makes him a liability because Rob Kelly refuses to drop McCarthy doesn't it? It's not his fault he's being played out of position.

Kelly is suffering from his decision to make him captain. Tiatto responds by playing well

Rob Kelly - He will never make a manager in a million years, don't even try to say he needs money. All of our players have regressed yet he is heralded as a great coach. Guess what Myth

Iain Hume - This pains me to admit it, but he is a lower league striker at best and to the stupid f'ck I had a row with at the Villa game, he will never be a Premiership striker.

Paddy McCarthy - This moron is no more of a captain than Junior Lewis ever was. The man is a walking bombscare and should be no where near the first team of any professional football Club.

Gareth Williams - He has no ability or qualities befitting a player in ther second tier of the English game. If the Club is alive next season at least that waster won't be around.

Levi Porter - I am sure he is a nice lad, but he is not a first division footballer and he has been made to look worse each passing game.

Paul Henderson - He is not a good goalkeeper there was a reason he played at Bradford.

Gareth McAuley - Is not a right back.

James Wesolowski - His career is finished and it has been ruined by the management of this Club rushing him back in desperation.

Elvis Hammond - Is shite.

Danny Cadermarteri - Is a joke, I thought he'd be okay but I was wrong.

There is no point making excuses for them anymore they don't deserve it.

It's true they're all shite. However good managers make a team out of average / crap players, anyone noticed Plymouth? He would've crawled up the M1 to manage us, and Billy Davies would've crawled down it. MK Dons are also looking a side, Martin Allen seems to find quality from non league for God's sake!

By the way, where's Hughes? I know he diappears from games but how can he escape criticism? At least Williams shows for the ball, watch Hughes hide against Luton he's crafty at it.

It's true they're all shite. However good managers make a team out of average / crap players, anyone noticed Plymouth? He would've crawled up the M1 to manage us, and Billy Davies would've crawled down it. MK Dons are also looking a side, Martin Allen seems to find quality from non league for God's sake!

By the way, where's Hughes? I know he diappears from games but how can he escape criticism? At least Williams shows for the ball, watch Hughes hide against Luton he's crafty at it.

Can you just clarify that you actually think Billy Davies would have jumped at the chance to manage our club at any point in the past two years before I have a massive go at you about it?

No we're not. There are 3 worst teams than us in the Championship - namely, Luton, Leeds and Southend.

You reckon? I can see Luton stuffing us on Saturday and fear Leeds will improve when new signings bed in. You may be right about Southend although they played us to death for long periods down here.

Can you just clarify that you actually think Billy Davies would have jumped at the chance to manage our club at any point in the past two years before I have a massive go at you about it?

I thought it was common knowledge that when we sacked Levein and when he was still at Preston he made himself available. Maybe Kelly came cheaper.

Hughes and Maybury are Scottish and Barton seems to fly a flag for Scottish players. Douglas was another and even Sylla with his Scottish connections. I too have liked lots of Sccttish players but the ones we've got at present wouldn't stand alongside them I'm afraid.

Kelly is suffering from his decision to make him captain. Tiatto responds by playing well

I agree, RK doesnt help himself much coming out with limp-wristed comments like he did yesterday post-match.

"What was said afterwards in the dressing room stays in there. But I was fine - nobody was chucking tea cups around. If we thought that would make us better then we would do that - but it won't

also this is strange....

"We have got good players, but at the moment we are an inconsistent team. We have to find out what the reasons are for that and quickly address them because losing football matches doesn't do anyone anygood"

There must come a time when putting an arm around a player and having the softly softly approach should stop and some harsh words need to be said. If we couldnt address issues when we had a spare week to work on stuff I dont think that approach seems to be continued.

Barton has a point though.

Sylla was never that bad... all our right wingers get a lot of stick but part of the reason is because RK is making the team play horrible stuff for wingers. I mean, do they really want it lumped towards them in the air... ? No.. they don't.

Hughes and Sylla has suffered with this.

They are all able players...

Douglas - good shot stopper but struggles with coming out to take the ball - gives away too many penalties.

Hughes - Needs a good midfielder alongside him as can get overpowered and swamped down.

Sylla - Fans got on his back as he appeared lazy - had a casual gait. More ability than 90% of our squad though.

Maybury - Perfectly good right back. Mismanaged by Levein AND Kelly - now being asked to play out of position.

I agree, RK doesnt help himself much coming out with limp-wristed comments like he did yesterday post-match.

"What was said afterwards in the dressing room stays in there. But I was fine - nobody was chucking tea cups around. If we thought that would make us better then we would do that - but it won't

also this is strange....

"We have got good players, but at the moment we are an inconsistent team. We have to find out what the reasons are for that and quickly address them because losing football matches doesn't do anyone anygood"

There must come a time when putting an arm around a player and having the softly softly approach should stop and some harsh words need to be said. If we couldnt address issues when we had a spare week to work on stuff I dont think that approach seems to be continued.

I think that behind the scenes all is not well. Hughesy comes out and says the players are all behind the gaffer, but I'm not sure they are. For once, judging by Kelly's veiled comments, I think he may have actually had a right go at them.

God knows what effect it will have.

Edit to say: And why the fook doesn't he just sell Stearman? If he's not going to play him we might as well make some money out of him. His value must surely be dropping...

I think that behind the scenes all is not well. Hughesy comes out and says the players are all behind the gaffer, but I'm not sure they are. For once, judging by Kelly's veiled comments, I think he may have actually had a right go at them.

God knows what effect it will have.

Edit to say: And why the fook doesn't he just sell Stearman? If he's not going to play him we might as well make some money out of him. His value must surely be dropping...

All this takeover talk for 3 months cant be helping. Maybe the players dont know whether they are coming or going or the manager too? We have been linked in the press with Newell, Dowie and god knows how manay players which must make people a little nervous surely?

As for Stearman, Im lost on that one. He should either be our regular right-back or sold on. In an ideal world we would have a real solid rightback so that Stearman can learn from but that fact that every bugger has tried that position and failed is a bad sign on RKs rating of Stearman.

Archived