Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Lets clear up a few myths hear and now

Rob Kelly - He will never make a manager in a million years, don't even try to say he needs money. All of our players have regressed yet he is heralded as a great coach. Guess what Myth

Iain Hume - This pains me to admit it, but he is a lower league striker at best and to the stupid f'ck I had a row with at the Villa game, he will never be a Premiership striker.

Paddy McCarthy - This moron is no more of a captain than Junior Lewis ever was. The man is a walking bombscare and should be no where near the first team of any professional football Club.

Gareth Williams - He has no ability or qualities befitting a player in ther second tier of the English game. If the Club is alive next season at least that waster won't be around.

Levi Porter - I am sure he is a nice lad, but he is not a first division footballer and he has been made to look worse each passing game.

Paul Henderson - He is not a good goalkeeper there was a reason he played at Bradford.

Gareth McAuley - Is not a right back.

James Wesolowski - His career is finished and it has been ruined by the management of this Club rushing him back in desperation.

Elvis Hammond - Is shite.

Danny Cadermarteri - Is a joke, I thought he'd be okay but I was wrong.

There is no point making excuses for them anymore they don't deserve it.

Rob Kelly - agree

Iain Hume - disagree but can see where you're coming from. I think you've gone a tad far. He's definitely a Championship striker but frustratingly inconsistent.

Paddy McCarthy - agree and always have. Love the current bandwagon from everyone else on here! Where have you been?!?!

Gareth Williams - agree and always have. Will literally cry if he gets a new contract.

Levi Porter - still don't know yet. Being asked to do far too much at the moment due to the inadequacies of Kelly and his fellow players.

Paul Henderson - agree.

Gareth McAuley - agree.

James Wesolowski - starting to worry.

Elvis Hammond - Well yes... there is that. It's fairly depressing that I am actually glad he is back from injury.

Danny Cadermarteri - fat, slow and blatantly unfit. Must improve and quick.

Rob Kelly - He will never make a manager in a million years, don't even try to say he needs money. All of our players have regressed yet he is heralded as a great coach. Guess what Myth

Iain Hume - This pains me to admit it, but he is a lower league striker at best and to the stupid f'ck I had a row with at the Villa game, he will never be a Premiership striker.

Paddy McCarthy - This moron is no more of a captain than Junior Lewis ever was. The man is a walking bombscare and should be no where near the first team of any professional football Club.

Gareth Williams - He has no ability or qualities befitting a player in ther second tier of the English game. If the Club is alive next season at least that waster won't be around.

Levi Porter - I am sure he is a nice lad, but he is not a first division footballer and he has been made to look worse each passing game.

Paul Henderson - He is not a good goalkeeper there was a reason he played at Bradford.

James Wesolowski - His career is finished and it has been ruined by the management of this Club rushing him back in desperation.

RK - The money situation is worse than commonly realised. He's inexperienced, true. Not only, though, does he have a pretty shocking squad, but everything behind the scenes is squeezed too. He could do with at least one more first team coach. He's doing a bit badly, but in the circumstances, not REALLY badly.

IH - Championship is his level.

Paddy Mac - Awful lately, true.

Gareth Williams - People think because he passes well that praising him makes them sound intelligent because he operates like Michael Carrick or something and he just SEEMS quiet. It's balls. He's fooking shite and has been for as long as I can remember.

Levi - Good when he isn't marked out of the game, but a bit small. Pretty harsh to be calling him shit already, he's had some great games for us this season.

Henderson - Premiership clubs were sniffing around him - you're wrong.

McAuley - Not a RB, no. But a good player.

Weso - Out of form and rushed back, true, but there's nothing to say he won't recapture his form.

Hammond - Not great but at least he has a bit of pace and scores more than Fryatt. Stick him on the right wing for now.

Danny C - Not a bad player, just needs to get fit.

He'll do for now, at least 'til the end of the season

I kind of agree, he'd have to really push himself to be a Premiership striker

He isn't that bad, he shouldn't be captain but he is an able enough back-up

Totally agree, people say his passing is great but they go all over the place, would rather play Hughes out of the 2

He's still one of our best players, and surely can only get better as he is only 19. Doubt he'll play in the Premiership though.

Good shot-stopper, and goalkeeper is the least of our worries.

Agree, but if he had pace he would be good there. Much rather play him at CB.

Bit drastic isn't it, he needs a decent older midfielder next to him for him to develop properly.

Agree, but at least he tries, and worries defences.

From what I've seen he's okay, didn't go today though so i can't comment.

Rob Kelly - agree ....sorry RK times up

Iain Hume - agree He's a decent a Championship striker but honestly feel hed be better a league down

Paddy McCarthy - agree

Gareth Williams - agree

Levi Porter - i like what i see and think in time but right now we need better

Paul Henderson - agree not great but its not our weakest link at the mo

Gareth McAuley - agree.

James Wesolowski - feel sorry for the kid but his situation of being rushed back shows our plight smacking of desperation

Elvis Hammond - dont care if he scored today hes still crap.

Danny Cadermarteri - deserves a chance

RK - The money situation is worse than commonly realised. He's inexperienced, true. Not only, though, does he have a pretty shocking squad, but everything behind the scenes is squeezed too. He could do with at least one more first team coach. He's doing a bit badly, but in the circumstances, not REALLY badly.

IH - Championship is his level.

Paddy Mac - Awful lately, true.

Gareth Williams - People think because he passes well that praising him makes them sound intelligent because he operates like Michael Carrick or something and he just SEEMS quiet. It's balls. He's fooking shite and has been for as long as I can remember.

Levi - Good when he isn't marked out of the game, but a bit small. Pretty harsh to be calling him shit already, he's had some great games for us this season.

Henderson - Premiership clubs were sniffing around him - you're wrong.

McAuley - Not a RB, no. But a good player.

Weso - Out of form and rushed back, true, but there's nothing to say he won't recapture his form.

Hammond - Not great but at least he has a bit of pace and scores more than Fryatt. Stick him on the right wing for now.

Danny C - Not a bad player, just needs to get fit.

Jesus... what's worong with you people?

We need to get back to where we belong!

Hume..not good enough

Porter..not good enough

McAuley..not good enough

Fryatt..not good enough

Weso...not good enough

Fat junkie...not good enough

Rob Kelly...not fooking good enough

Wake up..smell the coffee and take a look at our league position...not good enough!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

To tell the truth there are various reasons even our better players are not performing and most have nothing to do with ability.

Our team has no natural fluidity at all.

When something goes wrong, Kelly, just persists with the same old system but makes the most bizarre alterations to his personnel, sometimes moving people who've done okay in one place, right out right out of position.

Consequently we have failed totally to evolve as a unit.

The reason the Academy side does so well is because they all compliment each other and the team barely changes.

Such weaknesses as there are cannot be helped with the people available but the whole thing works as one unit with plenty of support for each other in all situations. Players know what the manager wants and are focused on doing it.

I've seen virtually all the players Barton has mentioned have smashing games so that begs the question. Why can't Kelly select a fluid team and why can't he get them to perform as one?.

And the reason in a nutshell is pre-conceived ideas that he refuses to change, about players, systems and his response to crisis.

When I see some of the selections I even wonder who's running the side.

Barton may be right in some of his assessments but it doesn't help that the first thing we need is not to destroy players' confidence further but to play with square pegs in square holes.

Then if things go wrong lets first try to correct them rather than change the personnel all over again.

We have three right backs, Stearman, Maybury and Kenton. Pick the best fit and available player for what you want the team to do. We have three left backs Nils, Sheehan and Tiatto. Pick the best fit and available player for what you want the team to do. And so on...

It is perfectly simple but not if you complicate the issue by wanting to somehow accomodate certain favourites.

Yeah McAuley isnt a right back, but he is much better than McCarthy at centre back, so what would your opinion be if he had regularly been playing central?

Gareth McAuley is........?

I know I am right that is why I brought it up. He is a million times better than McCarthy centrally but I still think he is lower league TBH.

I know I am right that is why I brought it up. He is a million times better than McCarthy centrally but I still think he is lower league TBH.

He's held his own in this league so far. Surely that's enough for the time being? I'm sure you' can agree with that...

Besides, as you like to point out, we have other incredibly serious problems to deal with - Gareth McAuley at CB is not one of them. ;)

He's held his own in this league so far. Surely that's enough for the time being? I'm sure you' can agree with that...

Besides, as you like to point out, we have other incredibly serious problems to deal with - Gareth McAuley at CB is not one of them. ;)

I do agree, I never said I didn't :dunno:

Rob Kelly - Will do until we get a better one

Iain Hume -Not bad for Championship, but inconsistant

Paddy McCarthy - Agree.

Gareth Williams - Can't really say a lot about him

Levi Porter - I think he will come on strong

Paul Henderson - TBH I quite like him

Gareth McAuley - Agree

James Wesolowski - I think he might be ok, just not here, not now.

Elvis Hammond - Agree.

Danny Cadermarteri - Needs to be fitter.

our current problems come from the very top of the club down.

kelly and a below par team are just a symptom of how shoddy this club has become over the past few years.

as for kelly , brian little was able to make three promotion pushes with mostly second rate players after taking over from a dire situation the year before he started and with hardly any cash.

kelly has been in the job about a year now and clearly is not up to the task of promotion , just bare survival.

To tell the truth there are various reasons even our better players are not performing and most have nothing to do with ability.

Our team has no natural fluidity at all.

When something goes wrong, Kelly, just persists with the same old system but makes the most bizarre alterations to his personnel, sometimes moving people who've done okay in one place, right out right out of position.

Consequently we have failed totally to evolve as a unit.

The reason the Academy side does so well is because they all compliment each other and the team barely changes.

Such weaknesses as there are cannot be helped with the people available but the whole thing works as one unit with plenty of support for each other in all situations. Players know what the manager wants and are focused on doing it.

I've seen virtually all the players Barton has mentioned have smashing games so that begs the question. Why can't Kelly select a fluid team and why can't he get them to perform as one?.

And the reason in a nutshell is pre-conceived ideas that he refuses to change, about players, systems and his response to crisis.

When I see some of the selections I even wonder who's running the side.

Barton may be right in some of his assessments but it doesn't help that the first thing we first need to play with square pegs in square holes.

Then if things go wrong lets first try to correct them rather than change the personnel all over again.

We have three right backs, Stearman, Maybury and Kenton. Pick the best fit and available player for what you want the team to do. We have three left backs Nils, Sheehan and Tiatto. Pick the best fit and available player for what you want the team to do. And so on...

It is perfectly simple but not if you complicate the issue by wanting to somehow accomodate certain favourites.

Perfect summation. Kelly is a good coach, but no idea how to select a team. He was hard-headed even after Sheffield Wed. I do think with experience he will be much better. And I prefer Stowell on the bench...get someone else to relay the message via phone. Stowell brings passion (only thing though) to the side.

Perfect summation. Kelly is a good coach, but no idea how to select a team. He was hard-headed even after Sheffield Wed. I do think with experience he will be much better. And I prefer Stowell on the bench...get someone else to relay the message via phone. Stowell brings passion (only thing though) to the side.

Kinell. Still we get this.

WHY?! WHY IS HE A GOOD COACH! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Rob Kelly - Loads of good coaches havent made good managers, similarly in RK`s case was Brian Kidd who boomed out. The difference is RK hasnt had any money to spend and hasnt found it that easy. He has managed to bring in a few players for nothing but it is beginning to be a problem that in his first full season we are looking at a relegation struggle. One point I would like to make is lets not forget he as good as saved us last season so he must have something there. Maybe we will need a high profile manager if we stay up and if MMs cash comes in. If it doesnt, I cant see a big name coming on board with no cash to spend.

Iain Hume - Has been our best attacking player this season and has got some good things going for him. Again, far from the finished article but isnt helped by alot of the shite thats happening around him. I would keep hold on this one.

Paddy McCarthy - I agree. Brave managers have to admit when they made a mistake and RK has to stop trying to accomodate the "skipper" and have some balls to drop him and leave Kisnorbo and McAuley in the centre.

Gareth Williams - He has ability but his mental state of mind is questionable. He at times thinks he can stroll around the park but I worry about players like this who thinks he is better thanhe is and more importantly, doesnt stamp his ability on the game. A central mid also needs to win the ball if you are playing 442 and he doesnt give us that.

Levi Porter - Too young to make snap judgements on his ability as he has done some decent things. In an ideal world he would be playing bit parts as our first team trudge it out but unfortunately he has been thrust into the first team too early.

Paul Henderson - Plenty of average players play in the lower leagues and thats what Hendo is. I think he is a decent back-up keeper.

Gareth McAuley - He has done well at RB but I agree he should be playing in CB.

James Wesolowski - Still very young and it would be an over reaction to say he is finished already.

Elvis Hammond - I agree he is poor but he is a very average speed merchant to bring off the bench in the last ten mins. If we had better quality in the squad he would be next out.

Danny Cadermarteri - Just like it was ridiculous that we should judge him on coming off the bench to score, we shouldnt be so quick to judge him until he is match fit. Either way, he wont be a world beater.

Archived