Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Lets clear up a few myths hear and now

All this takeover talk for 3 months cant be helping. Maybe the players dont know whether they are coming or going or the manager too? We have been linked in the press with Newell, Dowie and god knows how manay players which must make people a little nervous surely?

As for Stearman, Im lost on that one. He should either be our regular right-back or sold on. In an ideal world we would have a real solid rightback so that Stearman can learn from but that fact that every bugger has tried that position and failed is a bad sign on RKs rating of Stearman.

Kelly seems to me moving into consolidation mode. Retreating into his theoretical hard-to-beat philosophy. Strong solid McAuley has gone to right back, Maybury left back, there's Tiatto, Williams, Hughes in midfield, Henderson and Cadamarteri means even more experience, leaving just Weso and Levi as the only youth players remaining.

And the result. Buckets full of goals against and a totally disjointed team. He's paid the price cos he's lost his nerve and gone backwards instead of forwards.

Instead of adding KIng and Dodds to the mix, perhaps even Sheehan if he's fit, and moving closer to a co-ordinated attacking team he's clogged the side with his Chosen Men at whatever cost and whether they are in the right positions or not. You couldn't really have anticipated it or made it up.

And ironically, even one of the two ex-youth players shouldn't be there at all. He should be re-building his confidence from the bench. He's not especially needed now and the situation is no good for him.

Let me say once more that our best team is along the lines of:

Logan;

Stearman, Kisnorbo, Nils, Mattock/Sheehan ;

King, Hughes, Tiatto;

Hammond, Hume, Porter.

Between the three of them Stearman, King and Hammond can provide width, pace and attack from the right.

Sheehan, Tiatto and Porter can do the same from the left.

I've put Hughes in central midfield for insurance cos we've got enough creativity at full-back and with King.

The team has energy, movement and balance. It has different skills and enough potential scorers to give us a chance.

And it is much closer to young and hungry than ever anything else has been lately.

I would have McAuley, Williams, Cadamarteri, Dodds, and Fryatt on the bench.

Hughes and Maybury are Scottish and Barton seems to fly a flag for Scottish players. Douglas was another and even Sylla with his Scottish connections. I too have liked lots of Sccttish players but the ones we've got at present wouldn't stand alongside them I'm afraid.

<_<

Oh FFS once again you come out on top on this thread :thumbup:

Stephen Hughes has contributed far more Leicester City than he gets credit for and certainly more than Gareth Williams who is Scottish by the way and a full international. Unlike Alan Maybury, who is Irish but remains our best option at right back.

Douglas is a better 'keeper than Henderson hands down, he still isn't good enough but he is better than that antipodean clown who has just been handed another 30 months.

Sylla was infinately better than Low, again I never said he was a world beater.

<_<

Stephen Hughes has contributed far more Leicester City than he gets credit for and certainly more than Gareth Williams who is Scottish by the way and a full international. Unlike Alan Maybury, who is Irish but remains our best option at right back.

Douglas is a better 'keeper than Henderson hands down, he still isn't good enough but he is better than that antipodean clown who has just been handed another 30 months.

If anyone needs cheering up this should do it!

halftime at Stamford Bridge the trees are 3-nil down no corners no shots on target no shots off target and 19% possesion..here's to a better second half for Chelsea...hee hee hee :banana::banana::banana:

I'll tell you why. Because Kelly seems to be incapable of being a leader which is what a manager is. Which is why the club is in a mess. But because the way I see things he embodies team spirit, fighting qualities, (work rate supposedly) etc. He would yes be a good coach in that department.

You have to be a plant or related to Kelly somehow.

Ever since that worthless moron arrived at our Club we have got worse, not one single player has improved our team or improved as a player. So how in the name of the wee man can he be a good coach?

It makes no sense what so ever, for months now not a single person has been able to offer one iota of evidence to back up the myth.

What team spirit and fighting qualities the players f'ckin hate him, they are counting down the days until he gets sacked.

One thing people haven't realised is Kelly's achievement in selling Low for whatever some it might amount to. For as much as I know, Low's wages weren't brilliant and he probably was the winger who gave the best impression that came so cheap. Again glaring inability to assess the club's youngsters but that is lack of leadership.

He signed the worst player since Junior Lewis, it was Low that responsible for us going out the cup to Villa, the 100k we will never get won't replace the money we spent on signing him and his wages.

Tell me do you understand football outside of Football Manager/Championship Manager?

<_<

Can't believe it. I've just voted Hughes player of the month for January. :D

PS: That's grudging praise for Sylla, and no doubting it. :(

Rob Kelly - Too nice, Would've liked him to do well but not good enough

Iain Hume - inconsistant

Paddy McCarthy - Wanders, makes rash tackles, Poor

Gareth Williams - Best of a bad bunch i'd say!!! (centre midfield wise)

Levi Porter - Will be a good player, needs time, not as good as people think he is at the minute.

Paul Henderson - Goalkeeper is not the problem

Gareth McAuley - Agree, Leagues in front of McCarthey as a centre back

James Wesolowski - Needs Time.

Elvis Hammond - Agree. Trev scroed more than he did and he was awful

Danny Cadermarteri - desperation

McAuley is not doing badly at right back, to be fair. I wouldn't say he is our worst player, even out of position. But I do feel sorry for the lad. He should be in the centre of defence, alongside Kisnorbo. McCarthy doesn't deserve to be there, unless Kelly was to play three at the back. But he seems incapable of thinking of this as an option. Especially as we are struggling with full backs. But thinking outside of the box appears to elude poor old Rob.

As for Maybury, if my employers said that they don't want me, tell me I'm going elsewhere, only to balls it up and make me do a job that didn't utilise my strengths, I would have serious motivational issues. I briefly spoke to him the other week, and I feel really sorry for the bloke. So much so, I would have hugged him. And to make me feel like being tactile takes something major.

McAuley is not doing badly at right back, to be fair. I wouldn't say he is our worst player, even out of position. But I do feel sorry for the lad. He should be in the centre of defence, alongside Kisnorbo. McCarthy doesn't deserve to be there, unless Kelly was to play three at the back. But he seems incapable of thinking of this as an option. Especially as we are struggling with full backs. But thinking outside of the box appears to elude poor old Rob.

As for Maybury, if my employers said that they don't want me, tell me I'm going elsewhere, only to balls it up and make me do a job that didn't utilise my strengths, I would have serious motivational issues. I briefly spoke to him the other week, and I feel really sorry for the bloke. So much so, I would have hugged him. And to make me feel like being tactile takes something major.

so what was the gist of what he said to you, if I may be so bold as to enquire. Did he suggest 'we're all doomed' in the style of Captain Fraser of Dad's Army (revealing my age!)

But why would anyone have 3 at the back and accommodate McCarthy who is complete rubbish? It would be 3 from Kisnorobo, Johansson, Stearman, Kenton and McAuley before McCarthy gets considered.

so what was the gist of what he said to you, if I may be so bold as to enquire. Did he suggest 'we're all doomed' in the style of Captain Fraser of Dad's Army (revealing my age!)
It wasn't even that. He signed an autograph for my niece, and he's left-handed, so I said only skilled people are left-handed. My niece said "no they're not", I said "shut up, of course they are", and Maybury said "no, she's right". He looked very pitiful, and when I said that not everyone thought he was crap (not as bluntly as that, I hasten to add), he looked almost like he was going to cry because he never expected any kind words to ever be said to him again. Like I said, I did say it was brief!!

It backs up what I've said in defence of other players; they do hear certain parts of the crowd getting on their backs, and they do hear the criticism, most of which isn't constructive. I would be hurt by it, and I'm not surprised that some players suffer too.

But why would anyone have 3 at the back and accommodate McCarthy who is complete rubbish? It would be 3 from Kisnorobo, Johansson, Stearman, Kenton and McAuley before McCarthy gets considered.

I'm trying to get around his innate inability to drop his captain. Personally I would play Kisnorbo, McAuley and Johannson, and strip Paddy of the captaincy, but I'm not the manager.

I'm trying to get around his innate inability to drop his captain. Personally I would play Kisnorbo, McAuley and Johannson, and strip Paddy of the captaincy, but I'm not the manager.

I think it would be easier if we just fired Kelly.

It wasn't even that. He signed an autograph for my niece, and he's left-handed, so I said only skilled people are left-handed. My niece said "no they're not", I said "shut up, of course they are", and Maybury said "no, she's right". He looked very pitiful, and when I said that not everyone thought he was crap (not as bluntly as that, I hasten to add), he looked almost like he was going to cry because he never expected any kind words to ever be said to him again. Like I said, I did say it was brief!!

It backs up what I've said in defence of other players; they do hear certain parts of the crowd getting on their backs, and they do hear the criticism, most of which isn't constructive. I would be hurt by it, and I'm not surprised that some players suffer too.

Agreed, although presumably professional footballers are able to take the abuse hurled at them by 30 stone pie-jockies with a reasonably large dose of salt?

I think the majority of our players are good enough for this level. For me they showed this for 60 minutes or so at Fulham. However we seem to have a very large motivation problem given the way 'we didn't get started' as we hear or see, in so many matches. I fear the manager is unable to inspire the players, and we don't seem to have an on-field leader. McCarthy confuses petulance and rashness for bravery and inspiration

Maybury is an international right back and when he arrived was sensational, he still has it and a new manager would bring that out. I think he's been one of our better players as it goes.

I don't think Maybury's a bad player. There was even talk of him being a near £1m player just over a year ago.

But that was as a right back. There's still a case for saying he's the best we've got in that position depending on your overall approach.

Maybury is an international right back and when he arrived was sensational, he still has it and a new manager would bring that out. I think he's been one of our better players as it goes.
I don't think Maybury's a bad player. There was even talk of him being a near £1m player just over a year ago.

But that was as a right back. There's still a case for saying he's the best we've got in that position depending on your overall approach.

I think he's being villified through no fault of his own. Get him back where he belongs, and you'd have thought that alone would see an improvement. This is one reason why I can't have faith in the current management team.

But I have been drinking, and I could be talking complete dross. Oh I know what i mean....

Kelly seems to me moving into consolidation mode. Retreating into his theoretical hard-to-beat philosophy. Strong solid McAuley has gone to right back, Maybury left back, there's Tiatto, Williams, Hughes in midfield, Henderson and Cadamarteri means even more experience, leaving just Weso and Levi as the only youth players remaining.

And the result. Buckets full of goals against and a totally disjointed team. He's paid the price cos he's lost his nerve and gone backwards instead of forwards.

Instead of adding KIng and Dodds to the mix, perhaps even Sheehan if he's fit, and moving closer to a co-ordinated attacking team he's clogged the side with his Chosen Men at whatever cost and whether they are in the right positions or not. You couldn't really have anticipated it or made it up.

And ironically, even one of the two ex-youth players shouldn't be there at all. He should be re-building his confidence from the bench. He's not especially needed now and the situation is no good for him.

Let me say once more that our best team is along the lines of:

Logan;

Stearman, Kisnorbo, Nils, Mattock/Sheehan ;

King, Hughes, Tiatto;

Hammond, Hume, Porter.

Between the three of them Stearman, King and Hammond can provide width, pace and attack from the right.

Sheehan, Tiatto and Porter can do the same from the left.

I've put Hughes in central midfield for insurance cos we've got enough creativity at full-back and with King.

The team has energy, movement and balance. It has different skills and enough potential scorers to give us a chance.

I would have McAuley, Williams, Cadamarteri, Dodds, and Fryatt on the bench.

I agree with you on a few things above like Hughes is more effective in the middle, RK trying to be more hard to beat and Stearman playing back at right-back but the timing of your team selection is all wrong IMO. That type of formation and team should only be risked if we are safe from the drop and the pressure is off. That team you picked seems extremley light weight and I cant see where the goals would come from! They are too young in more importantly have little first team action

19, 25, 27, 20

18, 24, 33

26, 23, 19

Having said all that, I do agree that RK has got to do something in the transfer window on loan at least but the "five figure sum" that we lost when the Sky game was cancelled may have blown out any chance he had on bring someone in. Its gonna be blood and guts time for our squad and the under-performers need to raise there game and start paying the fans back.

I bet theres a few players in our squad who feel like that.

Mayburys a good right back, He was in and around the Ireland squad not that long ago. He is however no right winger, and his left foot isn't great, he'll never be an effective left back. Johanson was actually playing well when he was dropped :dunno: and he's not the only one who has played well and then been completley dropped from the side this season.

Big game on Saturday, if we lose I wont be happy.

Any manager worth his salt would realise if you play Hughes on the right you need a right full back who is comfortable going forward to provide the width on the right because Hughes naturally comes in field to try and get involved and doesnt have the pace or trickery to go on the outside. So Kelly decides to play a CB at RB which completely nullifies our attacking options on the right. Maybury in my opinion is the best RB at the club and would provide good width with overlapping runs for Hughes when he comes inside. Kelly has gone down in my estimation big time with his reluctance to drop McCarthy. He obviously doesnt have the spine to be able to make difficult decisions and doesnt want 2 upset anyone. Pathetic !!

Any manager worth his salt would realise if you play Hughes on the right you need a right full back who is comfortable going forward to provide the width on the right because Hughes naturally comes in field to try and get involved and doesnt have the pace or trickery to go on the outside. So Kelly decides to play a CB at RB which completely nullifies our attacking options on the right. Maybury in my opinion is the best RB at the club and would provide good width with overlapping runs for Hughes when he comes inside. Kelly has gone down in my estimation big time with his reluctance to drop McCarthy. He obviously doesnt have the spine to be able to make difficult decisions and doesnt want 2 upset anyone. Pathetic !!

I understand why Kelly plays McAuley at right back and it's not just to accomdate McCarthy, he gets forward and wins the punts up fields for our midgits, the bloke seems obsessed with having aerial threats on the flanks, he tried it with Low and Sylla and now he's using McAuley as the aerial target on the right hand side. I know why he does this, Championship full backs as a rule aren't paticularly good headers of the ball where as Championship centre halfs are. The focus from the air is down the right, the focus on the decks is down the left to Levi.

Unfortunately This tatic wont work, for one the idea of winning a offensive header is it to take one centre half out of the game and leave a gap for the striker to run onto the ball and have a decent chance on goal. Kellys tatics don't achieve this. McAuley has played ok at right back but ultimatley as you say with him and hughes on the right we're never going to be able to play ourselves into good positions down the right, and with Levi and Maybury on the left you can't go long in that direction, we're a predictable team and have been for some time.

I understand why Kelly plays McAuley at right back and it's not just to accomdate McCarthy, he gets forward and wins the punts up fields for our midgits, the bloke seems obsessed with having aerial threats on the flanks, he tried it with Low and Sylla and now he's using McAuley as the aerial target on the right hand side. I know why he does this, Championship full backs as a rule aren't paticularly good headers of the ball where as Championship centre halfs are. The focus from the air is down the right, the focus on the decks is down the left to Levi.

Unfortunately This tatic wont work, for one the idea of winning a offensive header is it to take one centre half out of the game and leave a gap for the striker to run onto the ball and have a decent chance on goal. Kellys tatics don't achieve this. McAuley has played ok at right back but ultimatley as you say with him and hughes on the right we're never going to be able to play ourselves into good positions down the right, and with Levi and Maybury on the left you can't go long in that direction, we're a predictable team and have been for some time.

So if me and u can see it why carnt Kelly ?!

I bet theres a few players in our squad who feel like that.

Mayburys a good right back, He was in and around the Ireland squad not that long ago. He is however no right winger, and his left foot isn't great, he'll never be an effective left back. Johanson was actually playing well when he was dropped :dunno: and he's not the only one who has played well and then been completley dropped from the side this season.

Big game on Saturday, if we lose I wont be happy.

We all know why Maybury is abit upset, his move to Sunderland fell through duo to city's hesitation!!!

We all know why Maybury is abit upset, his move to Sunderland fell through duo to city's hesitation!!!

Think how different it could have been if we shipped him out for the alleged 250k. :o

It'd be exactly the same, as the 250k would be used to plug some serious (supposedly) financial holes. ;)

Archived