Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DEANO

RL Forum

i thought somebody made a good point about the youth system, im getting annoyed with all of our promising prospects going for free, weve spent money on them through the academy and their wages so i reckon we should get some money for them, im not saying 250k each time but at least something that could pay somebodys wages for a week rather than frees or embarrasing fees that it just gets called 'undisclosed'.

and i know COG isnt the best player but he was promising (eventhough he ran like squirrel on fire) 65k is poor money for COG i reckon!

its so crap!

:huh: Trust me 65k probabaley covers quite a bit of our total weekly wage bill never mind one player

i thought somebody made a good point about the youth system, im getting annoyed with all of our promising prospects going for free, weve spent money on them through the academy and their wages so i reckon we should get some money for them, im not saying 250k each time but at least something that could pay somebodys wages for a week rather than frees or embarrasing fees that it just gets called 'undisclosed'.

and i know COG isnt the best player but he was promising (eventhough he ran like squirrel on fire) 65k is poor money for COG i reckon!

its so crap!

Chris O'Grady was shite.

If it had been Iain Hume I might have been bothered, Elvis Hammond and I'd even have been slightly bothered, but Chris O'Grady was not up to Championship football.

The woman on about the academy made me laugh. There are a lot of problems with this club, but our academy is not one of them. If anything it's one of the ONLY things right with this club.

Chris O'Grady was shite.

If it had been Iain Hume I might have been bothered, Elvis Hammond and I'd even have been slightly bothered, but Chris O'Grady was not up to Championship football.

The woman on about the academy made me laugh. There are a lot of problems with this club, but our academy is not one of them. If anything it's one of the ONLY things right with this club.

How do you come to this conclusion? :unsure:

When was the last a Premier team bought one of our academy players? when was the last time one of our academy players even looked Premier class?

When you can put our youth academy alongside teams like Southampton then yes maybe you can call it a success but until then forget it.

For the record:

Piper to Sunderland 3.5m 2002

Heskey to Liverpool 11m 2000

I suppose 14.5m over 7 years isn't a bad return but it's the just two players bit that worries me!

When was the last a Premier team bought one of our academy players? when was the last time one of our academy players even looked Premier class?

When you can put our youth academy alongside teams like Southampton then yes maybe you can call it a success but until then forget it.

I think Logan, Stearman, Wesolowski, Porter and O'Grady have all been horribly mis-managed this season. The Academy has produced decent players in the past couple of years but Kelly simply hasn't been able to continue their progress at first-team level. We've all seen Stearman, Wesolowski and Porter in particular perform at a level that, if it ran through the team on a consistent basis, would see us up in the playoff positions. He just can't seem to motivate them or anyone else week in week out for whatever reason.

As for the current Academy setup, I think we'll get four or five top quality players out of the current Under 18 side - and I'm hardly a youth team tubthumper. They really are that good.

We can only judge the current Academy side in a couple of years I guess.

The only way you'll do that is:

a) Have the first team mirroring their style of play.

b) Have some genuine quality players around them in the first team to set an example, talk them through and to inspire them in training.

As a collective unit the first team is a bloody nightmare compared to the youth team.

I'm not sure we've honestly got anyone at the club right now, players or coaches who can genuinely lift players competently through to the top levels.

Look at Dodds, Stearman, Sheehan, Wesolowski. All decent players but they've made no noticeable progress since leaving the Academy/Reserves and reaching the first team or the edges of the first team.

Two have hardly had any games and Stearman's been messed about ridiculously. That's no way to treat potential assets.

Can't see a future for us if it don't...goodnight Vienna!

Leicester are part of an exclusive club of ten teams never to play outside the top two tiers of English football, with Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Leeds United, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham"

That could well be only 8 then come the end of the season! :cry:

Barber seemed pretty certain it's a done deal and only a matter of time before it's announced.

Barber's a twat... thats for sure, but that said, i guess it cant be a bad thing if he thinks its pretty much "sorted"... thing is it isnt yet, I realise that mothers being very ill is not somthing that is likley to be used simply as an excuse (you'd just say talks had been called off), not to mention the fact that Serbs just dont use their families like that... but still this needs to get sorted and quick otherwise we're buggered...

Archived