Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Floating Fox

Vote For Bernie!

Just voted. Don't know his surname and the bloke that won it last year has swept the changing rooms out at Chesterfield for 50 years....using the same brush or summat. Rank outsider, I'd say.

Bernie doesn't walk to every home game from Quorn, I've seen him on the 11 o'clock bus to town on a matchday before. He just goes very early on the bus!

I've heard he's been sectioned but might just be a vicious rumour!

I have been telling people that for ages but no-one listen's to me!!!!

:mellow:

I have been telling people that for ages but no-one listen's to me!!!!

:mellow:

You must be the vicious rumour maker then?! Nah, my Dad was speaking to someone from Quorn who had heard he'd been sectioned. Wouldn't surprise me if his neighbours had reported him. The houses around his are very nice. Probably felt he was lowering the tone of the neighbourhood.

It still seems strange with all the fans living in the Quorn/Sorrel area that his house is up for sale and no-one seems to have seen him.

Especially as he used to often go from place to place on the buses and by foot. Very unusual not to see him out and about at least once a week at getting off at Budgens or coming home from Loughborough.

You must be the vicious rumour maker then?! Nah, my Dad was speaking to someone from Quorn who had heard he'd been sectioned. Wouldn't surprise me if his neighbours had reported him. The houses around his are very nice. Probably felt he was lowering the tone of the neighbourhood.

I was on about the Bus not the Sectioning !!! :P

I would vote for him if he was a For*$st fan.. why would we want to be associated with him? He's embarrassing - honestly, I would rather have that James Portsmouth Football Club Smith or whatever hes called as our fan! I used to get the bus back either from the game or after work on a Sat PM and he upsets so many people. Hes rude, abusive to anyone, shouts at people because hes so hammered and is not someone I want to be associated with our club. Hes mad as well - he is the only person I have ever witnessed have a full on argument with himself! He sits there shouting at himself and anyone else nearby. Just because hes old and Birch brought him out a few years ago because he supposedly walks to every game. He can't be far off liver failure or a mental home.

I would vote for him if he was a For*$st fan.. why would we want to be associated with him? He's embarrassing - honestly, I would rather have that James Portsmouth Football Club Smith or whatever hes called as our fan! I used to get the bus back either from the game or after work on a Sat PM and he upsets so many people. Hes rude, abusive to anyone, shouts at people because hes so hammered and is not someone I want to be associated with our club. Hes mad as well - he is the only person I have ever witnessed have a full on argument with himself! He sits there shouting at himself and anyone else nearby. Just because hes old and Birch brought him out a few years ago because he supposedly walks to every game. He can't be far off liver failure or a mental home.

The guy is a legend!

The train journey back from Derby a couple of years ago was unbeleiveably funny thanks to that man.

If I knew Bernie was still alive or allowed out in public, I'd vote for him. I don't know how he manages to afford every game he goes to, but he still gets there - all credit to him. :unsure:

He also takes no end of stick off of everyone who comes across him, yet still comes back for more. And he's just as passionate as the next guy, though partly due to him losing his marbles!

:thumbup:

Bernie doesn't walk to every home game from Quorn, I've seen him on the 11 o'clock bus to town on a matchday before. He just goes very early on the bus!

I've heard he's been sectioned but might just be a vicious rumour!

I really don't think they'd section him, they only section people who are deemed to be a risk to the public, I think. He might be fruit loop but he's not dangerous.

Archived