Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

Coaching Staff?

What are Leicester's coaching staff like? Who are they? Are they suffering because of a lack of funds?

Kelly's a good coach, whatever his weaknesses as manager, but in his current role surely his effectiveness is limited. Who else do we have down on the training ground? Does our penny-pinching extend to the coaching staff too? Are they stretched thinly?

I ask this because loads our players all going off the boil in a big way for no apparant reason. Last year Maybury, Stearman and Paddy Mac all looked immense. What are they doing now? Williams hadn't had a great season, whatever people might have thought. Hughes looked a shadow of his former self even back in position. (Well... sounded, anyway). Fryatt can't get back going again. Is there any explanation for this, or is it co-incidence?

What are Leicester's coaching staff like? Who are they? Are they suffering because of a lack of funds?

Kelly's a good coach, whatever his weaknesses as manager, but in his current role surely his effectiveness is limited. Who else do we have down on the training ground? Does our penny-pinching extend to the coaching staff too? Are they stretched thinly?

I ask this because loads our players all going off the boil in a big way for no apparant reason. Last year Maybury, Stearman and Paddy Mac all looked immense. What are they doing now? Williams hadn't had a great season, whatever people might have thought. Hughes looked a shadow of his former self even back in position. (Well... sounded, anyway). Fryatt can't get back going again. Is there any explanation for this, or is it co-incidence?

I think you contradicted yourself, Kelly is in charge and if the players have got worse then it's down to him that makes him, in my eyes a poor coach and a poor manager.

You've got Kelly, who when he first took over was out on the training pitches regularly but seems to have realised that as manager he has things to do off the field too. Last time I went down he wasn't out coaching which was good to see imo. He shouldn't be with the players all week long for me.

Stowell, has reduced the time he spends with the 'keepers now. They seem to coach each other.

Miller, goes through different drills with the players. Seems to have settled into his surroundings well. Bit of a character.

Cross, strength and conditioning coach. Sets up drills to improve the physical side of the players games. Sprints, mini hurdles, slalom poles etc.

Rennie, not an actual coach but gets involved telling players about how much rest they should have in between drills, fluid intake, keeping muscles warm etc. There to prevent injury and pass on his knowledge as a physio.

That's about it really. That's what our coaching staff is made up of.

No wonder we are fooked if thats all we have at the club looking after the players. Have we got a physio or is that down to the tea lady? :D

That's Rennie but he's out with the players during sessions helping, mainly to prevent silly injuries I presume.

You've got Kelly, who when he first took over was out on the training pitches regularly but seems to have realised that as manager he has things to do off the field too. Last time I went down he wasn't out coaching which was good to see imo. He shouldn't be with the players all week long for me.

Stowell, has reduced the time he spends with the 'keepers now. They seem to coach each other.

Miller, goes through different drills with the players. Seems to have settled into his surroundings well. Bit of a character.

Cross, strength and conditioning coach. Sets up drills to improve the physical side of the players games. Sprints, mini hurdles, slalom poles etc.

Rennie, not an actual coach but gets involved telling players about how much rest they should have in between drills, fluid intake, keeping muscles warm etc. There to prevent injury and pass on his knowledge as a physio.

Nice research mate, don't find that on wikipedia only someone as sad passionate as you could have found that out :D

Do you think the players get alot from the training sessions?

Do you think the players get alot from the training sessions?

To be fair, I don't see them regularly enough to be able to give an answer either way. The ones I've been to see have either been during pre-season or during weeks when the team have got a week in between games.

I would say though that when Kelly wasn't at training there was far less one-to-one work being done. The focus was placed on the group but individuals didn't appear to get pulled to one side to have a chat about things. The thing you notice about Kelly when he is coching is no-one is immune to a talking to. If he's spotted someone doing something wrong during a drill he is quite happy to halt proceedings and say where things went wrong and how individuals could've done better. Plus, for those who don't think he's a passionate man then they should see him during training. He's not one to get walked all over and the players seem to respect him due to the way they all listen when he speaks. I think that's because whatever he says to them is almost always constructive.

This isn't an excuse for him but sometimes you can see the team do things that they quite clearly have been working at on the training pitches come to life on a matchday but it lasts for 20 minutes of a game maximum and then the players seem to be scared to express themselves any more. I thought some of the build-up play on Saturday was good first half. Final deliveries were poor. Second half the players seemed to stop doing the things that had been working. As a manger that must be one of the most frustrating things to see. He knows they can do it, we've seen them do it in spells but then the same players change their game for no apparent reason. We're not only inconsistent from game to game, we're inconsistent from half to half of most matches.

The worrying thing for me about RK who is meant to be a "great coach" is that his influenece hasnt been that good this season and infact we have seen some of the younger players go backward instead of forward! The likes of Fryatt, Stearman and Weso havent kicked on as anticipated so his training methods must suck balls. No offence RK :D

To be fair, I don't see them regularly enough to be able to give an answer either way. The ones I've been to see have either been during pre-season or during weeks when the team have got a week in between games.

I would say though that when Kelly wasn't at training there was far less one-to-one work being done. The focus was placed on the group but individuals didn't appear to get pulled to one side to have a chat about things. The thing you notice about Kelly when he is coching is no-one is immune to a talking to. If he's spotted someone doing something wrong during a drill he is quite happy to halt proceedings and say where things went wrong and how individuals could've done better. Plus, for those who don't think he's a passionate man then they should see him during training. He's not one to get walked all over and the players seem to respect him due to the way they all listen when he speaks. I think that's because whatever he says to them is almost always constructive.

This isn't an excuse for him but sometimes you can see the team do things that they quite clearly have been working at on the training pitches come to life on a matchday but it lasts for 20 minutes of a game maximum and then the players seem to be scared to express themselves any more. I thought some of the build-up play on Saturday was good first half. Final deliveries were poor. Second half the players seemed to stop doing the things that had been working. As a manger that must be one of the most frustrating things to see. He knows they can do it, we've seen them do it in spells but then the same players change their game for no apparent reason. We're not only inconsistent from game to game, we're inconsistent from half to half of most matches.

Very intresting, it'd like to know what it is that prevents the players from playing at their best for the whole 90 minutes. It's their inabilty to handle pressure if you ask me.

Very intresting, it'd like to know what it is that prevents the players from playing at their best for the whole 90 minutes. It's their inabilty to handle pressure if you ask me.

Ability

Direction

Coaching

Tactics

Confidence

The above have a little to do with it IMO

The worrying thing for me about RK who is meant to be a "great coach" is that his influenece hasnt been that good this season and infact we have seen some of the younger players go backward instead of forward! The likes of Fryatt, Stearman and Weso havent kicked on as anticipated so his training methods must suck balls. No offence RK :D

I don't think poor coaching is the main reason these players haven't done as well this season as last. It may be partly to blame but there are other factors that should be taken into consideration with the three you've mentioned. Weso's been injury plagued for a good while now. Came back from his second leg break and was still getting niggles. Came on at Wolves and had to be taken off almost immediately. Must be difficult for a player to progress when they keep on getting niggly injuries. Fryatt was starting to look more like his former self before picking up yet another injury. He was beginning to regain some of his sharpness and match fitness but again, an injury has halted his progression. And then you have Richard Stearman who I feel has let the football lifestyle get to him a bit. Complacency possibly? I don't know, I just try to look at things from a different angle. He's certainly come on a long way since he was driving around in a VW. Teenager with a Porsche and money to burn. Highly rated, first team regular at a Championship club. Can take it easy this season. Not like we've signed any proper right back to challenge him for his place! Just my way of looking at things.

Doesn't sound exactly rich with expertise. <_<

I don't think poor coaching is the main reason these players haven't done as well this season as last. It may be partly to blame but there are other factors that should be taken into consideration with the three you've mentioned. Weso's been injury plagued for a good while now. Came back from his second leg break and was still getting niggles. Came on at Wolves and had to be taken off almost immediately. Must be difficult for a player to progress when they keep on getting niggly injuries. Fryatt was starting to look more like his former self before picking up yet another injury. He was beginning to regain some of his sharpness and match fitness but again, an injury has halted his progression. And then you have Richard Stearman who I feel has let the football lifestyle get to him a bit. Complacency possibly? I don't know, I just try to look at things from a different angle. He's certainly come on a long way since he was driving around in a VW. Teenager with a Porsche and money to burn. Highly rated, first team regular at a Championship club. Can take it easy this season. Not like we've signed any proper right back to challenge him for his place! Just my way of looking at things.

That true mate but at the same time a young player who has achieved nothing should want more. Also its a terrible to think that the likes of Kenton and MCAuley are preffered in that position at times and I think I am right in saying that Maybury, our right-side left-back :unsure: has played theer ahead of Stearman.

I must admit I have trouble in understanding this "good coach" thing anyway. Brian Kidd is reknowned to be a great coach but made a shite manager. I dont get why the world class coaches cant coach there players to be better or at least to understand formations better. I thought that was the point of there existence!

Anyway, whatever we have its not working!

Once and for all Rob Kelly is not a good manager or coach.

We have been f'ckn crap ever since he arrived, there is not one piece of evidence that shows he is a good coach. One of the other reasons the players have regressed is they hate him and have zero respect for him, he is a non-entity a nothing a nobody.

Stowell and Miller are in that same catagory and that is why when the new Chairman comes in he'll be getting sacked :thumbup:

Stop making excuses for the nomark twat.

Archived